Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Rift Open Beta Get-Togethers

This thread has been opened with the express permission of the moderator ||Demon|| and any replies not related to the original post will result in bans. Do not troll or flame.

A lot of people have been posting that they're gonna try Rift this open beta, so I thought it might be an idea if we MMO-C readers try to land on the same server(s), maybe guild up, run dungeons together and so on. Older beta players can answer the questions of the newer ones and help out.

I'll post a couple of servers for EU and US where there are already some players in guilds. I'll try to stick to PvE servers unless there's demand for PvP. I think most would be interested in seeing the game without being ganked, and if you want PvP there are always warfronts (battlegrounds) and toggling /pvp for world pvp.

I would like a couple of experienced beta players to put themselves forward who are prepared to make a guild and help out, and I will list their server, name and guild if they have one. Or if you really want to help maybe start a new char on a new server and level up with newer players. If you want to group up with other MMO-C peeps just post below and we'll keep an eye out for you

Here is the list:

EU Server(s)
    Illumination (PvE) => Guardian => Tarien <I'm on a horse>

US Server(s)
    Wolvesbane (PvE) => Guardian => PM Rivellana for specific details
    Lotham (PvP) => Guardian => Narg <BIRDSofWAR>

To register for the beta, go here! To download the client (even before you get your beta invite email!) click here!

Just to add proof, 3clipse and I have both told him that he is free to post this and that people not discussing Rift meet-ups will receive infractions. -llDemonll
    Last edited by Tarien; 2011-02-14 at 08:30 PM. Reason: url for new accounts, to avoid spam

I have my own people I"m playing with atm, so am not planning on joining up with you guys. I'm posting here simply to comment that as far as servers go, Wolfsbane is probably the most populated PvE server.

Furthermore, there are not as of yet servers tagged Oceanic in Rift, so a lot of the Oceanic Rift players have already gotten together and named some "unofficial offical oceanic servers" to congregate on. Since a lot of this community is in fact oceanic (to keep the terminology consistent), I thought I'd share the list that has been decided upon; if you're looking for a place to do some testing where you're likely to find other oceanic players, these servers are a good choice.

PvE: Wolfsbane
    PvP: Briarcliff
    PvE-RP: Faeblight

There is not, to my knowledge, a PvP-RP server that has been claimed by the oceanic people. Full article about the topic of oceanic servers can be found here: http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/02/1...nce/#more-4147
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-02-13 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typos

Deleted
    I am currently on Icewatch (pve-EU) but I would be willing to start on a new one if there are more EU-.MMO-C people out there interested in playing together in the open beta.

This thread is mod sanctioned.

However, it is to stay on the topic of forums only. A dedicated Rift discussion thread already exists.

Am on EU Blightweld right now PVE but may go PVP for launch.

Naeomi - Tranquility_Defiant
    Last edited by Dammagia; 2011-02-13 at 05:47 PM.

How to get in??? i need to know please Pm Me

Quote Originally Posted by XxLightningxX View Post
    How to get in??? i need to know please Pm Me
    Register at www.riftgame.com

Deleted
    If I might suggest we simply have one EU and one US server. On those two servers we make a EU guild and a US guild. Will also make it alot easier for people to find other MMO-C rift players. Instead of spreading over dozens of servers. I for one am willing to start from scratch on a new server for this.

how long may it take to be invited to beta? sorry for stupid question Also: when does the Open Beta start?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    If I might suggest we simply have one EU and one US server. On those two servers we make a EU guild and a US guild. Will also make it alot easier for people to find other MMO-C rift players. Instead of spreading over dozens of servers. I for one am willing to start from scratch on a new server for this.
    Fine with me, although does anyone object to Illumination as the EU server? Guild is up, and I have plenty of platinum to help people with mounts (no real use for cash until L50 I suspect other than horses). There are a half dozen of us already here from my guild.

If there is a larger presence of players elsewhere however, I will move

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 11:41 AM ----------

how long may it take to be invited to beta? sorry for stupid question
    Not that long, a day or two. You should get your invite before the beta opens on Tuesday.

You can download the game here so that you are prepared: http://update2.triongames.com/patche...cher_setup.exe

Deleted
    You have the guild and everything so I believe Illumination is a good place I support that

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im on Blightwield-EU

Tetragon <Sanctuary>

Deleted
    I have registered. My name will be Armageddon.

It's a good thing you're doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Fine with me, although does anyone object to Illumination as the EU server? Guild is up, and I have plenty of platinum to help people with mounts (no real use for cash until L50 I suspect other than horses). There are a half dozen of us already here from my guild.

If there is a larger presence of players elsewhere however, I will move
    I object against Illumination, I went there because it was a low populated server but with the whole MMO-C crew coming here it will instantly become high populated. (Just kidding)

I do have my chars on the server thou and if I can be of any assistance you can always ask me. My chars are Alovnek (lvl 32 Cleric specs: Justicar and Warden) and Radak (lvl 20-21 Mage specs: Chloromancer and Pyromancer). I don't have to much plat to go around any more unfortunately because I already gave away 4 mounts.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Sorry for asking again but how to make Beta Account?

Sorry for asking again but how to make Beta Account?
    https://account.riftgame.com/en/outside/new_user.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    I am currently on Icewatch (pve-EU) but I would be willing to start on a new one if there are more EU-.MMO-C people out there interested in playing together in the open beta.
    i am also on icewatch on guardian side sems to be alot more gaurdians than defiants on the server atlest on higher lvls and i currently have a guild chart if you come here hit me up and i can make a guild

how long may it take to be invited to beta? sorry for stupid question Also: when does the Open Beta start?
    I signed up for the last Beta testing and from the first time I logged on to the Rift site to the time I was actively playing was maybe 3 hours. This included downloading the 7.5GB worth of material too.

And I believe open Beta this week opens on Tuesday.

Hey! Not sure how much I'll be playing in tuesdays upcoming beta, but i'll level a character on illumination if I do play. Cheers for the info.

illumination(server i'll jump in) what faction are we going?