Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    PW:S nerf = lazy fix

    Is it just me that thinks the nerf was a lazy fix?
    Sure this will decrease efficiency but given better gear spam will be possible again.

  2. #2
    They'll raise the mana cost each time this happens in a Tier. Probably even multiple times. Once for Reg mode gear levels and again for hard mode gear levels.

  3. #3
    Yep, instead of having everyone bubblebotting at T12, everyone will be bubblebotting at T13.

    Blizz really needs to stop making these knee-jerk hotfixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  4. #4
    i wish they would figure something else out other than just raising the mana cost.

  5. #5
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,189
    There were a lot of suggestions on how to fix this, some great and some not.

    What Blizzard did was a temporary stop-gap. You say it's until Tier 12 or 13? Sure. They'll be able to implement a proper fix before then.

    Hopefully.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  6. #6
    Just as lazy as the 10% Shadow Power nerf because they over did the Mind Blast + Shadow Orbs buff. Well done Blizz, well done.

  7. #7
    Hotfixes are almost always a lazy solution, or a bug fix. Think of it as a placeholder ability until 4.1 rebalancing takes place.

  8. #8
    The Patient Memoryz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Hotfixes are almost always a lazy solution, or a bug fix. Think of it as a placeholder ability until 4.1 rebalancing takes place.
    Because one month PTR wasn't enough.

    ZZZZZZ.


    "Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Hotfixes are almost always a lazy solution, or a bug fix. Think of it as a placeholder ability until 4.1 rebalancing takes place.
    10g says it stays the same in 4.1.

  10. #10
    Easy fix > ignoring the problem until the next patch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    Because one month PTR wasn't enough.

    ZZZZZZ.

    It's hard to identify problems on the PTR when no one raids on the PTR.

  11. #11
    Hot fix = no client fix and is in no way lazy.

    They will take the suggestion and do it in the next real patch.

    you guys should be happy they can fix stuff without applying a complete patch

    I Must agree tho that blizzard should hire more tester to raid on the inside instead of relying on ptr.

  12. #12
    The Patient Memoryz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    259
    Just healed heroic conclave, was awful, couldnt preshield for Nezir's Ult. Was going oom.
    Was stuck just prayer of healing.
    But I guess this makes healing more engaging and fun.


    "Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

  13. #13
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    25
    Incredibly lazy fix. Herp Derp, increase mana cost!
    As stated previously as soon as mana and regen increases in future content patches bubble spamming will once again become optimal.
    The only REAL way to prevent it is to limit the maximum number of targets that Shield can be active on.

    Base mana cost cannot just be increased as we go up a tier because it will screw over newly dinged Disc Priests.
    Last edited by Carrisia; 2011-02-17 at 01:15 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylosprime View Post
    Just as lazy as the 10% Shadow Power nerf because they were too lazy to actually fix Dark Intent. Well done Blizz, well done.
    Fixed that for you
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

  15. #15
    My issue with this is that it has simply left discipline priests with weaker alternatives. It's fine to bring PW:Shield down a bit, but in return another part of their healing should be increased (perhaps via buffs to DA, perhaps some focus on holy nova or some more interesting single-target mechanics) because as it stands, discipline will now once again be playing like a poor person's holy priest (raid-healing wise).

    At least this doesn't really affect their tank healing capabilities, which is something - but right now discipline turns to shields because it's other tools are relatively mediocre with very few talents dedicated to their improvement.

  16. #16
    I... just don't understand Blizzard didn't see shieldspam coming back. I just don't.
    And as result of their blindness, they do this. Just... hoping some really fix will come in next patch.

  17. #17
    if they buff divine aegis we would use it instead of pw:s... but they prefer nerfing pw:s instead !!

  18. #18
    The mana system in its entirety is flawed. You either balance mana in such a way that it is far too limiting in the early tiers, or you make mana costs reasonable for the first few tiers and then have people completely disregarding mana at the end.

    The best solution I can think for this would be a zone-wide mana debuff in the higher tier of raiding, i.e. Sunwell's avoidance debuffs. This would make mana an important consideration throughout all tiers of raiding.

    That being said, if they did take that approach, the PW:S nerf would be reasonable as it would continue to be impactful throughout the expansion cycle.

  19. #19
    Not sure what you are getting at with post here, should they take it away? Leave it alone? It is like CoH in WotLK, using one spell for an entire fight is ridiculous, do you honestly feel like you accomplished something when you sit there and spam one button for an entire fight?

    This is probably the easiest solution, reworking a spell that has been around since Vanilla would be pretty stupid imo. A quick hotfix like this is the best solution for this problem, so they may have to hot fix it again later, who cares? If only all class balancing was this easy.

  20. #20
    I agree. It's a lazy fix, and frankly, it's about what I expect from Blizzard at this point. While I like the forums and community (on the fan sites, not the official forums), I just don't like what they're doing with the game. I've personally quit, potentially for good, over how a lot of things have been handled. It's sad for me, because I've really enjoyed this game for almost 6 years now.

    In the end, this "fix" fixes nothing, just pushes the problem to the next tier of raiding. As soon as players are geared for that tier, the problem will return. Pushing the "fix" again to the next level is going to do nothing except hurt new players. A fresh 85 is going to struggle if they keep pushing the fix up higher, while nothing will change for a current tiered person.

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenSystm View Post
    Not sure what you are getting at with post here, should they take it away? Leave it alone? It is like CoH in WotLK, using one spell for an entire fight is ridiculous, do you honestly feel like you accomplished something when you sit there and spam one button for an entire fight?

    This is probably the easiest solution, reworking a spell that has been around since Vanilla would be pretty stupid imo. A quick hotfix like this is the best solution for this problem, so they may have to hot fix it again later, who cares? If only all class balancing was this easy.
    1) It's a lazy fix. Instead of addressing the issue of why the players are exclusively using that one spell, they went about making it unfriendly to do so. That isn't a fix, it's a punishment.
    2) While it may "fix" the problem for top geared players, it will hurt everyone that isn't top geared. The reason for the spam of one ability is because for top geared players, it's too easy to do. The cost isn't worrisome so it's able to be done. Yes, that's all well and good for the top geared player, but another player that isn't in the best gear is going to suffer a lot more as a result. I'd venture to say that if this "fix" was the same one they use on the next tier of raiding, an entry level 85 priest won't be able to go Disc because the mana usage is just too intense for Disc to handle.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2011-02-17 at 04:21 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •