Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how about that Yawning feral dps drama?

Since people couldn't be nice in the old thread, which shouldn't have even been sent here tbh and just closed since the beginning I'm going to open this one. But a few things.

1. You directly insult anyone, you get auto infracted. Idc what they call you, report it and ignore the post.
    2. Any posts with 'why is this open', 'no one cares' things like that will find the same fate.
    3. Stay on topic. Any posts off topic will just be deleted.

Be nice to each other, post constructively. The other thread had too many bad posts before we started modding it so this one wont. Instead of closing, I'm just going to ban you and delete your posts like you were never here. Thanks =]
    You have an inthread wanring and 1st post warning, so no excuses ~Myrrar

http://www.restokin.com/2011/02/savi...s-feral-guide/

Some dude named Yawning has apparently been helping a lot of feral dps'ers out on the official forums and with the "Mew" program. He wasn't happy about 4.0.6 and said this:

Raid content is currently uninspired, my beloved spec is plagued by quality of life issues and lackluster performance in PvE, and PvP viability is non-existent. Attempts at providing constructive feedback have been a consistent exercise in frustration
    ...and *poof* all his posts and the guide go up in smoke as he gets a 2-week forum vacation. Which he may or may not have deserved from previous stuff that I don't know about.

Long story short it seems the good old Tangedyn is taking over his hard work there.

More details at http://druid.wikispaces.com/message/...ethod/34244832

As someone who put a lot of work into Feral DPS guide making, I kinda feel he got the short end of the stick. If someone has more actual knowledge to add I'd love to hear it.

In other news it seems the good old Miirkat is okay with feral pvp performance. Then again, he's got mad skills and plays 2v2.

He created a very well thought out and factual thread on the PTR forum's that had absolutely nothing to do with the shapeshifting nerf and everything to do with the bug's and problems with our class and it was completely ignored. He practically did all the work for Blizzard in telling them what was wrong and partially how to fix it and they did nothing, he had a right to be pissed at them, Feral has never gotten attention from Blizzard except when it's other people complaining about us.

We lost one of the best, hopefully someone can maintain Mew for us.. otherwise Blizz screwed a lot of people by doing this. (not that they care)

I don't think viability in 2v2 was what Ferals as a community were ever concerned about. It's 3v3 and RBG's that matter.

Mew is the best Feral resource left right now so imo his contribution has been invaluable. I don't see how any Feral could be OK with his treatment by Blizzard. Blizzard has been very active in banning and deleting any posts related to this debacle so you won't see much about it on the WoW forums. He has resposted as much as he could remember about current Feral issues in the thread you linked. It is pretty much spot on, why Blizzard is making no attempt to rectify any of these is a mystery to me.

blizzard care about the community over the almight dollar? nope never going to happen. constructive criticisim from the community? nope they turn deaf ears. bet they will be open once Guild wars 2,swtor,rift,tera come out and they wonder where the players went.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy View Post
    He created a very well thought out and factual thread on the PTR forum's that had absolutely nothing to do with the shapeshifting nerf and everything to do with the bug's and problems with our class and it was completely ignored. He practically did all the work for Blizzard in telling them what was wrong and partially how to fix it and they did nothing, he had a right to be pissed at them, Feral has never gotten attention from Blizzard except when it's other people complaining about us.

We lost one of the best, hopefully someone can maintain Mew for us.. otherwise Blizz screwed a lot of people by doing this. (not that they care)
    BS flag on this post. Ferals sucked the donkey boner in Classic and as a result got a huge over-buff going into TBC, with the result that we had to be toned down from being near-unstoppable Mangle-kill-destroy machines in Bear form early in TBC.

Get over yourself and learn to see that Blizz just wants each of the 30 specs to be sort of viable in all aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    BS flag on this post. Ferals sucked the donkey boner in Classic and as a result got a huge over-buff going into TBC, with the result that we had to be toned down from being near-unstoppable Mangle-kill-destroy machines in Bear form early in TBC.

Get over yourself and learn to see that Blizz just wants each of the 30 specs to be sort of viable in all aspects of the game.
    So since we were OP (just like half the other classes, especially Ret) for a small amount of time that means they've given us the attention we've needed?

Sure we were decent most of WotLK and so far in Cata, but that doesn't exclude all the problems we had during those times that should have been looked at. Right now we have a list of 10+ problems that should have been fixed before Cata released and Yawning touched base with all of them during the PTR and got ignored.

Every class has problems and every class has phases of viability but we've seen the worst of it (with a few specs alongside us).

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post

I don't think he way saying what you thought he was saying. As I remember it Feral was terrible in Vanilla and got a big buff in TBC that didn't scale. Bears got huge nerfs soon after but this would have self corrected itself soon anyway as Warriors were soon doing the same damage Bears got nerfed for. Regardless Kitties did not scale and even with a flat 10% dps buff and massive bonuses on T6 Kitties were not viable DPS by the end of TBC. Feral got reworked in WOTLK and Kitties were strong in Blues again but fell considerably behind in T7 which lasted a long time before it was fixed. They got buffed again in T8 but still didn't scale and were starting to lag behind again in T9. Instead of fixing the issue Blizzard once again put huge bonuses on T10. The 4.0 patch killed kitty DPS but Blizzard fixed it before Cataclysm launched. Kitties are mediocre in T11 and at the bottom in T11 Heroic gear. I think his point is somewhat valid in that Blizzard has rarely let other specs lag behind for such long periods of time. Ret may be close and Shamans have probably had it even worse. However even if the spec were near the top in DPS their are numerous issues that are just bad design and make the spec not very fun anymore.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2011-02-17 at 04:55 AM.

ENh Shamans were in a weird state in wrath spell power weapons to stacking haste to the point were we had to hit something every time something came off cool down. That didn't scale well at all. Feral right now as pvp we lost alot with the last patch. They need to let us cast some spells in cat or bear form when it is an instant cast. For pvp I think that would help a ton. So we are not using so many globes to do it. Someone help us if they want us to interup on a boss fight. I like the design of ferals. We just need a few changes to make us be on equal playing fields.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read his post before it was deleted. I checked the name spelling 3-4 times to make sure it was him. I thought maybe he is just messing around and HA! I was just kidding post would come out. Sadly no Not once did yawn ever get beligerant, curse, or anything the such in his posts. He did better research then the devs and he shared his findings with anyone who would listen to get better. Toskk leaving was sad but Yawn took it to another level. I can't understand his ban. I REALLY can't understand them not listning to him. Toskk got bracers named after him. Yawning was shown the door. Sad time for Ferals my friends.

OP, I love how you say "some dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    OP, I love how you say "some dude".
    Sorry, I've been out of the pve loop since ICC was unbuffed, so never really knew anything about him. Just figured I'd spread some knowledge bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Kitties are mediocre in T11 and at the bottom in T11 Heroic gear.
    This is true. I'm kinda tired of kitties who say "hey I'm topping meters in my crappy guild, ferals must be fine".

But the truth, is ferals are below average... and at the bottom when the whole raid is stacked with heroic gear. Buffs are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This is true. I'm kinda tired of kitties who say "hey I'm topping meters in my crappy guild, ferals must be fine".

But the truth, is ferals are below average... and at the bottom when the whole raid is stacked with heroic gear. Buffs are needed.
    This, a thousand times, this.
    I'm not in the best guild, but I love them, so to any outsider looking at our meters it would see like feral is in an amazing place. So I'm lucky: seeing that makes me hope beyond hope for the feral spec, and keeps me playing.

However, I have many friends who are in guilds pushing heroic content, deep into heroic content, or even those competing for world firsts, and they see the truth of feral. Dumped to the bottom of the back when everyone is decked out in heroic gear.
    They're so frustrated right now, many have left or are contemplating leaving.
    (I suppose I should add not just because of the sad state of feral: it's just the icing on the goodbye cake).

I wish more people could see that, instead of just seeing the kitty that beat them in dps and think that that means feral is fine/op.

Deleted
    By no means would I reject many of the changes Yawning suggested during the PTR (things like reducing dependence on TF and making blood in the water correctly reset glyph of rip), but they are largely minor issues. I don't believe Yawning was a campaigner for buffing feral pve dps outright, but I didn't read all of his stuff.

In my experience I am relatively good dps compared to others in my raid group. In terms of heroic raids, I think Blizzard is more or less content as long as boomkins are competitive, whether thats 'right' or not. Personally I think a minor buff is called for, but there are other specs in a worse position right now.

Deleted
    They did actually fix blood in the water w/ glyph of shred

Deleted
    Oh, I thought they just improved the time it took to refresh the rip. Some good news anyway

I read these forums all the time with people saying if you don't like it then stop playing...

Well someone actually did...and it is Blizzard's fault?

It Blizzard's fault for not changing their game to suit someone else?

I feel Blizzard does more than enough to listen to the people who play this game. At the end of the day though, it is still Blizzard game. If you don't like it, do what Yawning did and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    I read these forums all the time with people saying if you don't like it then stop playing...

Well someone actually did...and it is Blizzard's fault?

It Blizzard's fault for not changing their game to suit someone else?

I feel Blizzard does more than enough to listen to the people who play this game. At the end of the day though, it is still Blizzard game. If you don't like it, do what Yawning did and quit.
    It's blizzard's fault for not acknowledging / fixing issue with a spec. Issues that have been spoken of hundreds if not thousands of times. It got to the point where people like Yawning started doing the work for the devs (for free, blizzard as a company spent no $ or time on players doing this) and going in depth on how to fix the issues. As a result these players are either brushed off/ not acknowledged, banned, or have their stickies deleted. All the devs had to do was the following:

1. Pull their heads out of their collective butts.
    2. Realize that problems with a class they have never understood just got fixed by a player; and they, as a company spent no $ or time to accomplish this.
    3. Go over the information to understand what is going on.
    4. Not be biased towards one class which the head dev plays as.
    5. Implement the proposed fixes on a Beta where the fixes can further be checked, and then implement these fixes on Live.
    6. Grow up & stop banning players who have to do the jobs of devs, because the devs don't understand how to itemize gear or scale damage for a feral and could care less when 2/3 of a class can hit top arena teams.

Your personal feelings don't matter. It doesn't matter that you don't play as a druid. As a player (no matter which class you play as) Yawning and others like him who take time to fix issues that devs are too lazy and arrogant to fix (because 1 spec has arena representation) and have overlooked for years, deserve respect for their time.

I can't wait till Rift, SWTOR and other mmo's come out. Blizzard will wonder where their competent players who don't stand for biased, lazy, illogical, useless nerfs went; and with any luck they will fire the tool with the marine science degree who knows crap about mmo's and should go back to RTS's.
    Last edited by Epoch; 2011-02-17 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite