Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mana or Focus, which one do you prefer?

Do you prefer back when hunters had mana or their current resource focus? I personally prefer mana because I could cast whatever I wanted, I didn't have to wait for it to build up. I could just consecutively use an ability without the wait (besides the cooldown). I don't really like focus. I'd like it more if they made the amount of focus higher or if they lowered the amount of focus abilities cost. What's everyone else's opinion?

Focus. It gives them a pacing mechanism and makes the gameplay much more engaging.

hated mana, never felt right. having control over our resources with focus is fantastic and in terms of longer more sustained fights we have no problems
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer focus myself, it never made sense to me for a hunter to use mana.

I do agree that they need to rework some of the ability costs however.

i love focus, sometimes i forget and think man thats got some good int on it oh doh.

I like focus a lot better, no down time at all. But the one thing that was cool about mana is, you could be a little more loose and care free. but focus is much better imo.

Deleted
    Focus

You have to actually go through a rotation rather than mash whatever was off cooldown and fill with steady shot.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Focus is a vast improvement. I can DPS forever. Nuff said?

You have to actually go through a rotation rather than mash whatever was off cooldown and fill with steady shot.
    You sure? cos thats what we do now :-)

MM used to be: steady x 4 > chim > aimed.
    SV used to be: almost identical.
    BM used to be: almost identical but with sting depending on flavour.

Focus is way better. You never have downtime and never run out of your resource. You don't need stupid stats like Int or MP5 on your gear. You don't have to DESTROY your dps to go into a stupid aspect (viper) to restore your mana to try to make up for poor design of using mana in the first place.

Focus is what hunters always should have used, mana never made sense.

I will say however, I miss Volley. It may not have made much sense, but it was a much better type of AOE for most situations.

Focus, a million times focus.

mana for the reason you could just go berserk crazy shit
    Hi Sephurik

I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when i say MANA is much better. LOL JK

Focus.

Yeah gotta love focus, imo blizz did a great job with it.

focus never liked mana on the hunter all that much now all we need is a new resource for enhancement shamans

I personally think that focus does Hunters justice. It makes sense lore-wise that Hunters have to focus on a shot so it does more damage. I also think mechanically that having all physical damage classes have a similar resource system. (Paladins now have holy power, Warriors have rage, Rogues/Ferals energy, Hunters focus, DK runic power) All around it's much better than mana, it makes gearing oneself much easier and removes the idea that all gear is hunter gear.

Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    now all we need is a new resource for enhancement shamans
    GCDs and two kinds of combo points aren't enough? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    now all we need is a new resource for enhancement shamans
    nah i think its still fine for the enhance shaman. i kind of like the melee magic user.

OT: i may still be leveling my hunter but both mana and focus work. i think in the long run though focus is slightly better since as pointed out many times you aren't going to run out of mana. as for the cost of focus on the abilities i think its alright for the time being. the cast time for say steady shot may be a tad longer than needed though.
    O.o

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both suck, honestly

I hoped on beta for a resource working as energy: you spend it and it regenerates itself over time. Having to CAST your resources back is pure fail for a class wich needs to stay on the move. Then they also nerfed AotF before retail build

I want a rogue Energy bar plx
    Last edited by WaitingforSWTOR; 2011-02-17 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

If you ever played Hunter during TBC and fought Mount Hyjal raid, Kaz'rogal boss in particular, you would hate mana with every fiber of your hunter being forevermore. Even with the (old) Aspect of the Viper the chances of your survival were very low (I don't think I've ever survived the fight without dying), the mana was just burned away along with ur HP....

Focus is the way to go.