10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Fate/Stay Night

SO, ive just watched the newest FSN movie (Unlimited Blade Works) and i reckon they did well! i mean obviously you cant fit an entire visual novel plot into one movie but they covered the main parts really well and the fight scenes were... dare i say? LEGENDARY

has anyone else seen it? what did you think? personally i like UBW the most out of all the FSN storylines...

also ive completely finished the Fate Stay Night Visual Novel... has anyone else? its freakin awesome... im a 20 year old dude and i nearly cried (I SAID NEARLY :P) especially the Realta Nua Patch... wowza, seriously...

10+ Year Old Account
    i saw and own what i guess to be some kind of season of fate/stay night. since you say you've seen a new movie for it. so if there is more to the series that i haven't seen or know about so be it.

that being said what i have seen doesn't impress me. i was tempted to see if maybe the manga was better but the anime version i saw just turned me off so much i couldn't bring myself to buy the manga and read it. overall i liked the concept behind the story but it felt kind of lacking. like they put in content that they either forgot about or expected you to have more info than the anime gave. for example, making saber turn out to be king arthur despite her being female gave me a bit of a surprise but i would have liked to have gotten a bit more understanding as to why they made such a drastic change to what most people know. there are other things too of course but mostly i get the impression that they tried TOO hard to be legendary.

again if there are more stories lines to this name i've missed them. i've only seen the one anime and it turned me off to it completely. if there is more i've missed than maybe i'll give it a second chance
    O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    yea the 24 episode anime is an amalgamation of the visual novel's storylines (focused primarily on the first storyline) i assume u know what a visual novel is? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_novel)... the Visual Novel has three storylines in which u can play, and the anime sorta squished them all together, maybe thats why you felt a bit left out in the anime (i know i did the first time i watched it) the movie however, follow the second storyline closely...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that actually does explain a lot. knowing that i'm willing to cut it a little slack. but otherwise haven't seen the movie.
    O.o

I watched the anime to was really disappointed was only like one part where i was actually enjoyed watching and then the rest of it was bleh even though I watched the whole thing.

The movie however was amazing. The fights were just pure awesome. It was a long movie, but it is defiantly a 100 times better than the anime. I can't really think of anything else to say, just that if you like a good anime movie this is what your looking for.