Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Top names for a Paladin (RP Edition)

Let us know what names you think are the best for a Paladin in the RP sense, or any other sense really just any names for a Paladin that are epic!

10+ Year Old Account
    ummm ähhh uhhhh
    Uther Lightbringer maybe?
    *i am not good at rping*

If its down to first and last name, then yes something with a bit rightousness (how overdone this word has become with paladins) in the last name is in order. As far as first names go ... well nothing too dark so lots of "O"s and "U"s are out. Some examples:

Yelven of the serene path
    Tindri Sparklenotch (yes that's a gnome paladin! In my world they do exist ^.^)
    Minereth Highfount

And a bit more Inquisition-like
    Horam, keeper of the seven sins
    Antarok Brokensword (although that may better befit a deathknight)
    Vereneq Fevervim

Deleted
    Some Paladins have their "good" attributes in their last name like Lightbringer or Proudmoore, so think of something like "Faith...." "Justice....." "Truth...".

The first name is either short, (Uther, Arthas) or has the property of having lots of Vowels (Tirion, Daelin). A serious name for a Paladin therefore could be Baralion Faithseeker.

An epic name could be "Victor(y) Justicebringer" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    Let us know what names you think are the best for a Paladin in the RP sense, or any other sense really just any names for a Paladin that are epic!
    What race?

For Dwarf, I'd go with like, Theradin Brighthammer or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    how bout Benedikt for a first name or Bernard
    most italian names are a good choice too

Francesco
    Fernando
    and so on

I dont like Victor though sounds to me more like a Warrior or a Rouge

While my dwarf pally main-char has a purely dwarven themed name, when I created my Ret-Pally alt I came up with "Valoric" (coming from "valor" of course, which does go well with a paladin as I think). I still like that name.

I like the name Alexandros for a human paladin. Named after the Ashbringer of course!

High Overlord Royal of the Light's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret Pala - Divinestorm / Divinewrath
    Holy pala - Athenesux / Tyrael (like the angel in Diablo II
    Prot pala - Gentelmanjack / Hercules + <always use Defender of the Shattered World>

15+ Year Old Account
    Rp?..! >_<

Meneldur - By Tolkien it means servant of heavens. Before I actually searched and discovered what it really meant though, i thought it was from Eldur(flame/fire - icelandish i think) and men, as in Flame of men. Either way you think of it, it's cool for a paladin

Hammerdin

OT Lor or Umer

I would suggest naming a paladin with a good or elegant sounding first name, best fitting to his or her race, and a nice catchy name of honor.

Uther the Lightbringer would of course come to mind.

My Paladin's name came from the latin corona which was for me a symbol of dignity, an attribute that is important for paladins in my opinion. Then I adopted the term to be elven sounding so it became Khorianas.

The family name Dawnseeker was moddeled after the name Sunstrider of course, simply by combining a term relative to the sun with one fitting to movement. And believe it or not my character had this name before the Quel'delar quest chain was implemented.

as a Draenei paladin one would try perhaps "Vindicator Nimaa" or "Kroan the Just"

As for humans Victor has been mentioned as a good first name etc,...

I think one can see the picture what i think when someone tells me to make up a paladin name.

when i first started playing wow my friend had a paladin named Xandor, two days later we were playing warcraft 3 and Xander comes up as a paladin. so i would say Xandor or Xander are good even WC3 says so
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Vaeliir Sunweaver is my paladin.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse View Post
    Rp?..! >_<
    Yes for this is a MMORPG.... a M M O R P G... Realise this now, and get on with it.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Royal of the Light View Post
    Prot pala - Gentelmanjack / Hercules + <always use Defender of the Shattered World>
    None of those are Rp, they are either bad or puns or based on others. Which is bad rp.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightbound. What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal of the Light View Post
    But... Tyrael wasn't really the healing type. I'd give him the ret pala title if you are going to be like that. Besides. Tyrael is beyond any paladin or any other character to ever exist in World of Warcraft. Tyrael is by far the sexiest character blizzard have created. And yes, I said sexy.