Chimaeron Hit Debuff Applies to Pets?

My 10 Progression team is working on hard mode Chimaeron and we are struggling to get a mage or a shaman into the raid composition. We have discussed the possibility of me going BM to bring heroism, and am intrigued by the additional utility BM brings for that fight, specifically, spirit bond.

Of course, I am worried that there will be a huge damage disparity between BM and MM, particularly in MM's current state. I thought, however, that some of the disparity might be mitigated if the hit debuff from the caustic slime did not transfer to the pet. Can anyone confirm that the pet will remain hit capped even if I am hit with the debuff?

Lastly, I worry about the hit debuff affecting MM more than SV on that fight. It seems like a missed hardcast Aimed Shot would be catastrophic. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Yes, the pet will remain hit-capped.

Only cast steady/cobra while you have the debuff to make sure your big shots dont miss. BM isnt too far behind.

Spirit Bond is too slow here to be of much use. Consider Glyph of Raptor Strike for use during Feud

Yep, Raptor Strike is in there, no doubt I'll be using that.

I was thinking Spirit Bond for the 10% increased healing taken - I think I will probably do that even in MM spec, taking points out of frenzy. That utility seems huge. I wasn't even thinking the 2% regen - though I do wonder if that would still work during P2, to mitigate the dot Nef puts on you.

The Chimera shot heal is also fairly intriguing, as it heals quite close to 10k while raid buffed. Might make me a touch easier to heal after I get hit with the caustic slime, allowing something like a chain heal bounce to put me over the threshold. Perhaps it would be worth the small dps loss to glpyh Chim shot for a bit more reliability on that heal.