Sunfire refreshes moonfire?

Hi all, when I try to cast sunfire and have moonfire up, it just seems to refresh moonfire the first couple of casts. I've asked other moonkins and many seem to experience the same thing, but just choose to live with it. Does anyone know the reason for this bug and have some sort of fix? I've written on the Blizz forums, but they don't seem to acknowledge the bug.

I've tried disabling my bar mod Bartender4, but with no effect. The bar also correctly swaps to Sunfire, but the cast reapplies moonfire instead of overwriting it.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    From my experience (which isnt much, btw, since I went balance as OS for cata), sunfire DOES overwrite moonfire. But then again, I'm only offspecced balance, so I don't have that much experience to take data from.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 10:01 AM ----------

I also use the bar-mod dominos, if that helps the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    iv noticed some glitches with my boomy as well such as my bars showing up as if i had solar and lunar eclipse at once, sunfire does overwrite moonfire for sure but i havent seen it refresh moonfire..sunfire always take the palce of moonfire on my bars

10+ Year Old Account
    If you cast it before eclipse actually procs its still technically moonfire. That is one of the reasons to use Insect Swarm before Sunfire (the other is to take advantage of grace but thats neither here nor there). It also takes a brief time from eclipse proc til moonfire changes to sunfire.

Since the talent turns moonfire INTO sunfire, and it's the same ability on your bars (the ability just transforms) I don't think it's considered a separate move; That's why I think they replace each other instead of separating into both moonfire and sunfire ticking on a target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    If you cast it before eclipse actually procs its still technically moonfire. That is one of the reasons to use Insect Swarm before Sunfire (the other is to take advantage of grace but thats neither here nor there). It also takes a brief time from eclipse proc til moonfire changes to sunfire.
    Jodah has it here, I think. Our balance druid was experiencing the same thing, a slight lag before moonfire turned to sunfire.

Ferals get a similar annoying bug with Blood In The Water; I can fire a Ferocious Bite with a second or two remaining on my Rip and see the Rip still fall off. Logs show the FB connecting but there's some sort of client/server sync issue there or something.

I've had this happen when Eclipse lags behind on actually proccing, and I have to recast in order to get it to be a Sunfire. I tend to wait until I get the eclipse 'power aura' proc before casting spells that gain eclipse benefit. This includes holding back on Starfall or Treants until I know for sure I'm in Eclipse mode.

If you try to cast Sunfire as your first cast directly after proc'ing Solar, it very likely will be moonfire due to lag/recognition issues. That said, you say "couple" of casts. Second attempt should generate a Sunfire -- never seen it take more than a GCD to properly recognize the Eclipse. My general solution is to never cast Sunfire (or Insect Swarm or an instant cast Starsurge for that matter) as my first cast in Solar. Your first cast in Solar should either be a Wrath cast or a full-cast Starsurge and never an instant cast spell.

If you truly are doing multiple attempted Sunfire casts in solar before it recognizes as Sunfire, then you have an issue I can't explain.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I've had this happen when Eclipse lags behind on actually proccing, and I have to recast in order to get it to be a Sunfire. I tend to wait until I get the eclipse 'power aura' proc before casting spells that gain eclipse benefit. This includes holding back on Starfall or Treants until I know for sure I'm in Eclipse mode.
    What many people do is cast an extra nuke of the flavor that won't drain the eclipse. IE if you are about to proc solar eclipse, cast one more starfire. That way you can follow the ABC rule, thus maximizing your damage potential, without getting boned by eclipse lag.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    Jodah has it here, I think. Our balance druid was experiencing the same thing, a slight lag before moonfire turned to sunfire.

Ferals get a similar annoying bug with Blood In The Water; I can fire a Ferocious Bite with a second or two remaining on my Rip and see the Rip still fall off. Logs show the FB connecting but there's some sort of client/server sync issue there or something.
    I thought Blizzard fixed that bug with the lastest patch.

While leveling, I also experienced this similar eclipse "lag", but it wouldn't last 2-3 casts, only 1 at most. I think he might be talking about some other problem.

Have you tried disabling any UI addons other than bartender? Do you have anything that affects the display of debuffs?

Especially after 4 pc, don't cast an opposite school nuke as your first cast in a new Eclipse. Cast the correct school nuke (Wrath for Solar, Starfire for Lunar). The recognition lag is maybe .5 to 1 seconds or so max. A full cast Wrath or Starfire will not hit the target until after the Eclipse has been recognized.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Cast one wrath before you cast insect swarm/sunfire. So when you're about to finish casting the starfire that will make it solar eclipse, you start casting a wrath, that way you're not waiting, and wasting time while solar eclipse actually procs.