Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Priest BiS Raid Gear

Okay so I've seen the Disc Priest BiS raid gear, but it has Heroics included. Now i'm probably not going to be working on heroics in the super immediate future, so I was wondering if anyone has seen a list of raid drops (non-heroic) that would be the current "BiS" for the current raids out right now(BoT, BwD, Throne) for Holy priests. I'm torn between saving Valor Points or just getting the boots that are sure to be BiS http://www.wowhead.com/item=58486 because of the haste + spirit (and because mine suck http://www.wowhead.com/item=56105, I have the most horrible luck with drops after people steal loot from me!). So if you've seen such a list, please post it! if you haven't I'll probably make one myself and everyone can just add to it!
    [/CENTER]

This is the set that i've made for my holy priest, i don't know if it's the best, but it's what i'll be using.

h t t p : / / c h a r d e v. o r g / ? p r o f i l e = 5671

My goal was to reach 10% haste (10% from gear + 3/3 darkness + 5% moonkin/spriest + 3% warlock = 2.0 sec cast heals) and then get all the mastery i could.

Hope this helps and sorry for the bad English!

10+ Year Old Account
    it did! it sort of looks like what I had in mind but I'm just not sure if I should get http://www.wowhead.com/item=59468 as my chestpiece or actually save Valor points and get the Tier chestpiece and just get the Tier Headpiece to get the 4p. Also I CAN post links so here it is for people who want to see it. http://chardev.org/?profile=5671
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    Okay so I've seen the Disc Priest BiS raid gear, but it has Heroics included.

Where did you find this list? Thanks.

Head
    Crown of Burning Waters (359)
    Meta Socket: Ember Shadowspirit Diamond
    Yellow Socket: Artful Ember Topaz
    Enchant: +60 Intellect and 35 Critical Strike rating

Neck
    Wyrmbreaker's Amulet (359)

Shoulders
    Mercurial Mantle (359)
    Enchant: +50 Intellect and +25 Haste Rating

Back
    Drape of the Twins (359)
    Enchant: +50 Intellect

Robe
    Mercurial Robes (359)
    Red Socket: Brilliant Chimera's Eye
    Enchant: +20 All Stats

Wrist
    Bracers of the Burningeye (359)
    Enchant: +50 Haste Rating

Hands
    Mercurial Handwraps (372)
    Blue Socket: Purified Demonseye
    Enchant: +65 Mastery Rating

Waist
    Belt of the Depths (359)
    Blacksmithing Socket: Brilliant Chimera's Eye
    Blacksmithing Socket: Empty

Legs
    Mercurial Legwraps (359)
    Red Socket: Brilliant Chimera's Eye
    Enchant: +95 Intellect and +55 Spirit

Feet
    Treads of Liquid Ice (359)
    Enchant: +35 Mastery Rating and Minor Movement Speed

Finger
    Twined Band of Flowers (359)

Finger
    Security Measure Alpha (359)

Trinket
    Fall of Mortality (359)

Trinket
    Core of Ripeness (359)

Main Hand
    Andoros, Fist of the Dragon King (359)
    Enchant: Heartsong

Held in Off-hand
    Scepter of Ice (359)
    Enchant: +100 Intellect

Ranged
    Finkle's Mixer Upper (359)

goblin: reforge to 781 haste rating (780 minimum but 781 is reachable trough only reforging).
    other races: reforge so you have atleast 915 haste rating.

then you can make a spec without Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by HaruGlory View Post
    This is the set that i've made for my holy priest, i don't know if it's the best, but it's what i'll be using.

h t t p : / / c h a r d e v. o r g / ? p r o f i l e = 5671

My goal was to reach 10% haste (10% from gear + 3/3 darkness + 5% moonkin/spriest + 3% warlock = 2.0 sec cast heals) and then get all the mastery i could.

Hope this helps and sorry for the bad English!
    your english was flawless man

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    Okay so I've seen the Disc Priest BiS raid gear, but it has Heroics included. Now i'm probably not going to be working on heroics in the super immediate future, so I was wondering if anyone has seen a list of raid drops (non-heroic) that would be the current "BiS" for the current raids out right now(BoT, BwD, Throne) for Holy priests. I'm torn between saving Valor Points or just getting the boots that are sure to be BiS http://www.wowhead.com/item=58486 because of the haste + spirit (and because mine suck http://www.wowhead.com/item=56105, I have the most horrible luck with drops after people steal loot from me!). So if you've seen such a list, please post it! if you haven't I'll probably make one myself and everyone can just add to it!
    Hi mate,
    I am a holy priest like yourself, and as i cannot give you a BiS list as such with a link, I can tell you that from what you have said you have a couple of options.
    The boots are BOE, so you a) farm money to buy them b) use an alt level 85 daily heroics to get them. This will not only make sure your holy priest still has the valor points to use elsewhere but will make you gear your main faster with less stress.

However, not all of us want to farm gold and rely on buying boes, niether do we all have 85 alts to farm dailys on. My idea here would be. our 4 set bonus is amazing. GET IT. So in saying that you have 3/5 piece not needing tokens, and 2/5 that do. I would then say you would be smartest putting your offpiece as one of those 2/5 that are drops, as they will be sort out by so many people and also they may take you a while to progress too, depending on your guild, their progression etc etc, of this I am not sure, but regardless my point still remains. I have made my offpiece (in terms of non tier item) a BoE headpiece that has spirit/haste. This way I only need shoulders from raid drop and then it is just points.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Also I would personally recommend not looking for a BiS list. I find that something that people dont understand about BiS lists are that they are assuming ideal conditions for this lists. People focus to heavily on trying to get the items and scream "THATS MY BIS OMFG!" but in reality a lot of things could be better because that BiS is only BiS when you have the other ones. Good example is Tier pieces, itemization wise, you could find other items that are better, but if you have 4 piece, then yes it would be better.

Learn your stat priority and develop an opinion on your own, dont rely on other people's ideal situation gear ^.^

Kind Regards,

10+ Year Old Account
    wow I had not realized that those boots were BoE . I don't think anybody looks at a BiS list and says, okay, this is what I will get and when I get the exact same gear I will be super pro. BiS lists are just to form an idea of what the end stats (haste, spirit, mastery, etc) this list ends up with, and try and find even better pieces than those listed that will enhance your stats even further. You do have to admit though there's some things that are just undeniably good for Holy, and in turn, because of this, they end up being put up as "BiS". I've though of buying that headpiece you speak of (Je'Tzes Sparkling Tiara?) but its retardedly expensive on my realm! I am however planning on getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=63534 so I don't have to spend gold. You are also correct in saying 4 piece is amazing for holy (duh) considering we can spend an infinite amount of time in a constant Chakra state, I will have to wait to get 4p though, because tier is currently going to tanks first. Thanks for all the help, ill try and get an alt to 85 they're all 82 lol.
    [/CENTER]

As a Holy Priest, I think it's quite important to aim for the 4 pieces bonus, but I would not take the T11 chest piece because there is too much crit rating on it and it's our less interesting stat. I would rather take the helm even if it's a bit tougher to get.

Definitely go for 4 piece without chest. Crit is by far our weakest stat and the chest has the most of it. There's also a very nice spi/mastery chest on Halfus which is one of the easier heroic modes.

Keyboard Turner disciplinaryaction's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many thanks for the shout-out to DisciplinaryAction.org ! I'm glad it was helpful, but I can certainly see the point about heroics.

Just wanted to add that that I compiled that BiS and gear list specifically for Discipline Priests, and would recommend going for gear with more Spirit if you're doing the Holy route.

A *great* place to look is on Wowhead.com; if you click on 'Database > Items > Armor", you can choose 'Priest' and then 'Holy' from the dropdown menu titled "Start Weighting... Preset:" to find the best gear for Holy Priests in one huge list (I'd recommend limiting the iLevel to 333 or higher). In the results, off to the right, there's a 'Score' that shows how good it is for the spec you selected in 'Presets'.

The down side is that it doesn't have any commentary, but for pure numbers and names, it can't be beat.
    Last edited by disciplinaryaction; 2010-12-29 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Definitely go for 4 piece without chest. Crit is by far our weakest stat and the chest has the most of it. There's also a very nice spi/mastery chest on Halfus which is one of the easier heroic modes.
    Reforging says hello.

TBH I would take the tier chest piece and take the haste helm off Valiona as the non-tier piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging can't be overestimated when you're getting drops as your main source of gear. Crit's worth a solid look-in if you have to take Hit of something (for Holy or Discipline).
    Last edited by disciplinaryaction; 2010-12-29 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Not to mention that many of us have engineering from wrath, so many people will use the crafted one.

10+ Year Old Account
    @DA yeah, my MS had always been Disc until Cataclysm, my toon is a wrath child and she hit 80 (she used to be my alt) during wrath; before Cata hit I looked around for BiS Disc gear, because I thought that would still me by spec but I guess I "sold out" to holy lol

I'm actually torn between buying the chest or buying the legs OR waiting to do BH every week to see if the legs/hands drop :/. The helm off Valiona has alot more haste than Je'Tzes, but I seriously think that by the time ANY tier piece drops off Argaloth I'll probably have 4k JP. I'm even thinking about buying the trinket; I know what people will say "Buy what you want, stop looking at other peoples ideas and make your own" but I LIKE looking at other peoples suggestions, and like I said, they make me form an idea of my own. Keep them coming!
    [/CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-specced... from Discipline?!? Good lord, I think I have the vapors! /fans self

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Editted your set slightly to make a mastery based one. Keeping >7.5% haste, so you have your extra Renew tick. Non-Goblins can just choose to not reforge the belt and boots. For some reason, it won't let me reforge the haste on the back, either.

http://chardev.org/?profile=7075

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Editted your set slightly to make a mastery based one. Keeping >7.5% haste, so you have your extra Renew tick. Non-Goblins can just choose to not reforge the belt and boots. For some reason, it won't let me reforge the haste on the back, either.

http://chardev.org/?profile=7075
    You actually need less than 7.5%, because haste is multiplicative, not additive. You're also neglecting Darkness.

And gearing for Renew is a sign of bad.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need Darkness if you can easily hit 7.5% via gearing. Good Priests stack mastery (check Jhazrun of Paragon, as an example), because it's free healing. The sole reason people are gearing 7.5% is for the extra Renew tick, otherwise you'd literally just stack mastery in every possible slot.

Nice attempt at belittling someone though.