Deleted

LFD issue that the hotfix doesn't fix...

K, I originally posted this in the news thread about the new hotfix but I guess it's a bit off-topic and got lost amongst all the comments, so here goes:

The one thing that this hotfix doesn't seem to address is an issue I know I've faced and as a DPS is seriously annoying. A healer and tank leave near the end of a dungeon, perhaps 'cause they're called on to raid or whatever - the other two DPS in turn decide they can't be bothered to wait for 10 mins and leave also. This scenario might equally apply to a group of 4 who join with me as the random 5th and then decide after the second boss that drops a tasty hammer to all leave and do Tol Barad.

The net result is the same: despite having queued for 30-40 mins and then undergone 30 mins of dungeon action I get kicked out of the dungeon and have to invest another hour and a half of my time just to get the valor points I was 10 minutes away from in the first place. Aaaaaarrrrggghhh!

I appreciate I am no longer in a party but as I am in an instance surely it wouldn't be too difficult for Blizzard to write a bit of programming that recognised that having downed at least one boss but not yet completed the instance I should not be auto-removed from the queue. Thoughts?

I agree that this is really annoying. You should be able to collect the members you require to finish the place off.

But then we're faced with the problem that its not always nice for other people to join a dungeon in progress because the tasty hammer boss has already been passed. Maybe they decided with only one player left, it wasn't worth the inconvenience to 4 new people.

Deleted
    True, but joining dungeons mid-way through is a particular hazard that you may encounter anyway as part of the LFD system. If you are doing a random this is less of an issue - often it's a bonus in fact as you spend less time in the dungeon but still get your VPs.

If you are queueing specifically for that instance then I agree, but you should get the option when the call to dungeon appears on the screen to decline if the boss is anything other than 0/X bosses down. This would again be easily implementable by making the decline button only active if the dungeon is already in progress.