Deleted

Power Torrent and dual wielding

What do you people think about wielding a spellpower mainhand with Power Torrent as Elemental together with a random agility/strength offhand (with good secondary stats..) with the dual wielding bug?

Would both weapons be able to proc power torrent, considering both of them gives extra spellpower from Flametongue ?

Or you could play the class the way it is supposed to be played.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can DW but as soon as you switch to ele you get no benefit from the OH. i tried this once b4.

10+ Year Old Account
    last time i checked using a 2nd 1h weap after swapping specs causes the other wep to be zero durability until you swap back to enhance spec meaning that all stats/enchants on that weapon are null/void

Deleted
    I know flametongue (and the stats) still work with this bug, I'm just wondering if enchants like power torrent would work?

even if they were both able to proc torrent, it would NOT be beneficial

PT averages out as about 120-137 spell pwr
    almost anything, short of preBC loot, that you have as a OneHanded weap in ur OH slot is gonna have 0 intel
    lets take the Scimitar of the Sirocco, assuming its the best OH you can get (archaeology BoA) without yoinking raid loot from some angry melee
    111 crit, 74 haste, and 137 spell pwr (averaged) from PT procs

now, lets lookt at any old offhand
    Dungeoneering Guide 346 crafted OH
    116 hit, 107 mastery, and 208 int (168 + 40 int ench)

sooooo unless ur replacing 316 loot with a BoA ur willing to spend STOOPID amounts of gold on the enchant for, its not worth it
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-02-17 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    makes sense, I actually got every weapon from raids atm (enhancement) so I could virtually pick what I wanted, just wondered if it was worth using.

thanks reverendball!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    makes sense, I actually got every weapon from raids atm (enhancement) so I could virtually pick what I wanted, just wondered if it was worth using.

thanks reverendball!
    no probs sir
    anytime

Deleted
    actually it doesnt make sense, as he didnt answer your question at all plus he linked boa sword (gl using a sword as a shaman) and didnt add flametongue spellpower value (1000+)
    yes, if your ele/resto shaman is bugged, it is worth. any melee weapon with FT in your oh >>> any shield (1000+ sp vs 200ish int, 2ndary stats are slightly better on the shield). has been like that for ages. no idea what kind of strange rumours go around about this dw bug, but yes, it adds all the stats from oh melee weapon plus any shaman enchant works on it.

about power torrent proccing from both weps: i have no idea, its just too expensive to test it :/

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    even if they were both able to proc torrent, it would NOT be beneficial

PT averages out as about 120-137 spell pwr
    almost anything, short of preBC loot, that you have as a OneHanded weap in ur OH slot is gonna have 0 intel
    lets take the Scimitar of the Sirocco, assuming its the best OH you can get (archaeology BoA) without yoinking raid loot from some angry melee
    111 crit, 74 haste, and 137 spell pwr (averaged) from PT procs

now, lets lookt at any old offhand
    Dungeoneering Guide 346 crafted OH
    116 hit, 107 mastery, and 208 int (168 + 40 int ench)

sooooo unless ur replacing 316 loot with a BoA ur willing to spend STOOPID amounts of gold on the enchant for, its not worth it
    You are forgetting that the off hand can have flametongue too (747 spell power minus talents)

Also, shamans cant use swords.

So if you can get Crul'korak, the Lightning's Arc:
    110 Crit
    110 Haste
    1046 Spellpower (Flametongue)
    137 Spellpower (Enchant)

This is better then a shield, until blizz patches it.
    Last edited by jobdone; 2011-02-18 at 12:33 AM.