Magmaw - Blackwing Descent

Hey guys!

Just have a small plain question.. We are currently nearly done killing all bosses in raids, however yesterday i noticed something on magmaw.

We had a slightly different DPS setup containing fire mage, shadow priest, rogue, DK, retri and a warior. I was the fire mage.

We downed the boss eventually after 2 wipes (which we never do on that boss - wiping that is) but it was very hard on adds and you rly needed to pull out everything on the adds.. this mainly being cuz SP their aoe sucks and the melee can't get close or they jump on you...

So i'm just wondering how do you easily pull it of with a melee group? cuz me alone with good dps on those adds was not a gift at all, or is that just it you can't do the boss properly if you have a melee group based? cuz that would suck..

Was just wondering your opinions on it.

Thank you guys!

Get your offtank to tank and kill them ,everyone else on boss - ezmode.

Deleted
    How we do it is with 2 tanks. Our paladin is having quality time with Magmaw and me being a warrior just put vigilance on paladin = i get huge ap bonus. And i solo the worms. That requires everyone else to be on melee range so im the only player at range and the only player targeted by those worms.

Doesnt get you the achievement but its piss easy that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a DK tank I just kite the adds around the room with Death & Decay and Bloodboil until the raid kills Magmaw. No need in killing all the adds.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Let the DK specc frost and kite the adds. At least that works just fine for us. (although I didn't do the boss post 4.0.6, but I think it still works)

aha! thank you guys! i never rly considered that idee of having the offtank do it.. yesterday we were more or less thinking ok this seems like we are fucked hehe

So i was doing everything ring of frost etc etc my mana went down in no time, innervating, DK doing D&D from distance lol it was kind of madness glad we killed it in 2 wipes but it was pretty hard for me to kill them more or less by myself.

Great tips and advice thank you for the quick help!

Get the rogue to spam fan of knives, or death knight to go howling blast. If they do aggro on a parasite just run them out of the raid. Adapt, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarrall View Post
    Get your offtank to tank and kill them ,everyone else on boss - ezmode.
    O_O

The Parasites can be tanked? Wouldn't they all burrow inside the tanks and respawn more adds? We haven't killed him yet, could we use a Warrior tank or Pally tank to just AOE tank as normal without the kiting?

Deleted
    You can use a tank on the adds, yes, it does work. However it calls for alot of healing on the add tank that can easily be avoided. With your setup I would just have the dk spec frost and kite all the adds alone. That would be in my eyes the best solution.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as a healer, I haven't noticed that much difference in the healing required. Sure, it is marginally more extreme, but there are bosses out there with higher healing requirements no matter which tactic you go for