Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I don't know how other people's attempts went when this happened, but very often when our bear tank was tanking 12 adds and it happened, I would pop my nature's swiftness immediately and by the time my GCD was over, our tank would be sub 30k health at which point casting any spell would be pointless. And then .5 seconds later he would splat.

Despite the fact it was supposedly hotfixed, it still happened to our paladin tank last night, but it wasn't nearly as big as a problem since once we break him out of the iceblock, he can immediately start blocking instead of getting splatted all over like our bear tank.

I don't have enough fingers to count how many times we've wiped to this boss on heroic because our tank was instantly gibbed THROUGH GS and hand of sac macros. Your talking about 9 adds attacking at the same time for 50k each on a tank that has 0% avoidance. It was an encounter design that focused way too much on RNG. By the way, we did kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltope24 View Post
    After enduring countless wipes because of being frozen with 9-12 aberrations on me I have to say: "WHY DID WE NOT THINK OF THIS HOTFIX SOONER?". I'm a fan of challenging encounters but RNG should never decide the outcome of a boss fight. Even with a bubble/cancel aura macro that half of a second with 9 aberrations or more was enough to severely push my face in. Kudos for fixing the problem, two thumbs down for not realizing this during conception of the ability.

Maloriak** need moar coffee.
    I hear you... We've had an entire evening of Maloriak wipes caused by the kite-tank being frozen at least once during an attempt. Sometimes we were able to just barely handle it, but for the most part it was just NAAAARF. In fact, it was so bad, he got frozen so often, that we actually asked ourselves if Maloriak had been patched to ONLY freeze the kite-tank or to freeze the one farthest away from him or some crap like that. But it was really just really bad RNG there.

I'm really happy about this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ican View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would ever use a cast timed spell on an iceblock that breaks in 2-3 instants (which would be 1-2 sec with proper ranged setup [which is key in 10HC]).
    You clearly don't understand the mechanics of the fight and should simply stop talking.

Hit with the freeze you take 60k damage. Break the ice you take 70k. Do that all while having 9+ abberations beating on you for 50k? Someone is likely dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must say we never had this problem because tbh... We hardly wiped on him so far. First couple tries and since then every week we one shot him easly... HC i dont really know about it yet, so i love they changed it before we try hc. (Lucky with RNG i guess?)

We were doing heroic attempts on him last night and our add tank still got flash frozen while tanking the adds. He had 9 on him at that specific time, and he died within a second or so.

Have the log that shows it up but here's a paste of the said event.

[21:07:09.188] Northman Rend Aberration 379
    [21:07:09.588] Northman Rend Aberration 379
    [21:07:09.900] Aberration hits Northman 14227 (B: 6097)
    [21:07:10.112] Northman Rend Aberration 379
    [21:07:10.112] Northman hits Aberration Parry
    [21:07:10.886] Aberration hits Northman 26603
    [21:07:11.130] Maloriak Flash Freeze Northman 57594 (R: 27426)
    [21:07:11.214] Aberration hits Northman 20018
    [21:07:11.259] Aberration hits Northman 19690
    [21:07:11.260] Aberration hits Northman 25647
    [21:07:11.260] Aberration hits Northman 24158
    [21:07:11.840] Northman dies
    Note: Out of the 7 attempts or so we did last night, the tank got flash frozen twice iirc. Once we were able to break him on time, but the second time, we couldn't.
    Last edited by dyalad; 2011-02-18 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You clearly don't understand the mechanics of the fight and should simply stop talking.

Hit with the freeze you take 60k damage. Break the ice you take 70k. Do that all while having 9+ abberations beating on you for 50k? Someone is likely dead.
    I'm sorry, but I think you're the one that does not understand. Flash Freeze only deals the initial dmg to the targeted player, the dmg from breaking the ice does not. Adds does not hit for 50k if you're doing the encounter properly, if they would, there'd be no way to actually tank it. This is from my 10HC kill experience, and if I'm wrong, please correct me with proper proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ican View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think you're the one that does not understand. Flash Freeze only deals the initial dmg to the targeted player, the dmg from breaking the ice does not. Adds does not hit for 50k if you're doing the encounter properly, if they would, there'd be no way to actually tank it. This is from my 10HC kill experience, and if I'm wrong, please correct me with proper proof.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92979

Deleted
    I stand corrected, I did watch our killvid to confirm it. Even so, I still find the nerf unnecessary, as it wasn't a guaranteed wipe.

We downed Maloriak last night, I was the pally tank on ads duty and yes I got flash freeze. We still manage to down him/her without any issues. But still it caught me off guard a bit. I agree the nerf is totally unnecessary. But it would be nice if it's consistent.