Magmaw and Lava Parasites

Previous to 4.0.6 we've noticed that in 10-man normal Magmaw during the period when he is impaled Pillar of Flames would not occur and the Lava Parasites would not spawn. This allowed the DPS to focus on his point of vulnerability and the healers to get back their mana.

Since 4.0.6, we've noticed that during his impaled period, Pillar of Flame would spawn and Lava Parasites would appear. We thought this was just a one-off, but each pull had this same behavior.

Has anyone else noticed this happening in their Magmaw encounter?

this has always happened in my experience.
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Deleted
    Haven't seen it happen, and we did it last night.

Did sometimes see that happen, when impale was a bit slow. o_O

Xrobar, when that happens does your OT just kite the adds around and everyone just still focuses on the point of vulnerability? Or do you have your DPS burn down the adds?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen it go off right before he gets impaled, but never during the actual burn phase. Odd. Just did it night before last, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to happen sometimes and not others. My guild has been havng trouble cause of something along these lines among many other issues.

the timer for pillar of flame is about 10-15 sec after he gets up from the slam on the ground. if your "chaining" people arent quick enough he will cast another one(pillar of flame).

klaps_05, hmmm, that actually may explain things. Definitely something to focus in on for the next raid night! Thanks everyone!

Deleted
    Yep saw it during a 'burn' phase. Never used to happen before. DPS is the same....idk

I have not seen it happen during the burn phase. But it happens all the way up to it. A common problem is not getting the head down quickly enough causes him to get out another pillar meaning no head down dps.