Thread: Prot and Hit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    What are you guys doing on council if you are tanking the frost dude? If you tank him you know that ranged is on him so interrupts are all you. Those hydro lances hit for 70k so interrupting is a must. I ended up throwing on 2 hit trinkets to make sure I didn't miss since we had no reliable interrupts from range.

Anyone here tank that fight?
    Our DK tank does occasionally miss the interupts because he is not capped. If you know the interupts are going to be down to you then first use rebuke and have avengers shield as a backup - That's what I did on halfus heroic.

What are you guys doing on council if you are tanking the frost dude? If you tank him you know that ranged is on him so interrupts are all you. Those hydro lances hit for 70k so interrupting is a must. I ended up throwing on 2 hit trinkets to make sure I didn't miss since we had no reliable interrupts from range.

Anyone here tank that fight?
    We have a Mage, Shaman and Warrior that can interupt him. Warrior can jump back and forth so it's not an issue for him, also the Shaman should easily get the interupts all the time but that's an issue sometimes.

Why don't you let the prot warrior pick up the adds? Between charge/intervene/heroic leap it's pretty simple to get the adds if they spawn on opposite sides, also with Vigilance on you he'll have unlimited taunts.

For Maloriak adds use nameplates and when they spawn throw your shield at the ones that spawn next to eachother and use judgement on the other one. I run with less then 1% hit and usually only miss one every once in a while, if that happens I just either taunt it with Hand of Reckoning since that doesn't miss or I just wait and pick it up with Judgement when it's off cooldown. The adds don't do much damage so a healer can survive a little with it beating him.

But that got me thinking what if I missed on the big adds at the end and they fixated on someone. Is anyone concerned with being higher hit for specific fights? If so what are you doing? I would hate to use a DPS hit trinket.

Any thoughts?
    What I used to do when I was responsible for add duty was have our Holy Paladin use Righteous Fury to kind of funnel the adds towards them in case I ended up missing, then I'd just use Righteous Defense to get them all. Now that we are killing Heroic Maloriak I usually tank him instead of adds and keep a set of gear specifically for fights that I need to interrupt something since we roll with only 1 reliable interrupt in our raid. I use the Right Eye of Rahj in my hit set currently but I'm hoping to pick up another BH Mastery trinket and reforging some Hit on it for the on-use.

LOL I am not a noob tank. I am guessing you haven't done this fight
    No I'm totally familiar with the fight and what I was saying completely applies.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Here's a somewhat wacky idea... in situations where you absolutely need to hit, why not wear the hit pieces from your ret set, if you have one? With the change to secondary stat priorities for ret, it's not really that much different than a tank anymore, in that you're going to favor Mastery. For example, entirely in my ret set except for sword and board, I have almost as much block as my tank set, low dodge, but very high parry due to strength. If you swap in some proper tank pieces for pieces that don't have hit, and use stam trinkets, you can actually be a very viable add tank now in a lot of dps gear.
    Here is an even wackier idea...why not do what tanks have been doing since vanilla and have a couple of sets of gear for different things? Remember resist gear sets? Remember some tanks having max stam kits, and avoidance kits?
    It's not hard to pop on a different set of gear you have reforged and gemmed differently for different situations at all.

I've been running with 7% Hit on my Tankadin, but I've been thinking about dropping down closer to 5% in order to stack more Mastery. 5% is enough to be hit-capped in order to pick up/interrupt any non-boss Mob, and if you're on a Boss, Vengeance typically takes care of all your threat needs.

Also, the problems with "lol noob just taunt them lol" is that A) our taunts (esp. Hand of Reckoning) no longer deal ANY damage and B) taunts wear off if you don't generate additional threat in some way. Hell, I've even had adds that I Judged snap back off of me and run after a healer who was bombing someone in an Ice Block or had the Fire debuff or whatever.