Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Clearly your personality type is the best type, right?

Masterracemasterace.
    Why troll? Yawning broke the rules, and Blizzard enforced said rules upon him. Where's the problem?

Change Rules of Blizzard to Rules of Bible, watch everyone flip flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Change Rules of Blizzard to Rules of Bible, watch everyone flip flop.
    Make completely pointless topics to derail a thread, watch everyone ignore you and not care. Don't try and turn Blizzard enforcing the rules that you agree to on the forums which the own and run into a religous argument.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

This might be a silly question, but I thought people without an active account can't post to the forums anyway. Wouldn't banning him from the forum be redundant since he already can't post (due to quitting)?

He broke the rules, ok I guess you have a point, ban him then. Not that it matters since he quit the game. Banning someone for quitting is pointless and petty. All they are doing is 'showing you who's boss'.

Fine, ok, if you want to support that stupid of that argument, go for it. Personally I think it makes you look like an idiot, but thats your decision and apparently it is in line with Blizzard's opinion. But you can't tell me that removing all his guides and stickies was justified. All that hard work, for the good of the community, just taken away? That is bullshit.

I'm seriously facepalming at the guy comparing a quitting post to murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Make completely pointless topics to derail a thread, watch everyone ignore you and not care.
    Right, you know what is and isn't pointless. Derailing, not so. Ignore me? Oh no. Care? Oh shit.

I'm so sad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    He broke the rules, ok I guess you have a point, ban him then. Not that it matters since he quit the game. Banning someone for quitting is pointless and petty. All they are doing is 'showing you who's boss'.

Fine, ok, if you want to support that stupid of that argument, go for it. Personally I think it makes you look like an idiot, but thats your decision and apparently it is in line with Blizzard's opinion. But you can't tell me that removing all his guides and stickies was justified. All that hard work, for the good of the community, just taken away? That is bullshit.

I'm pretty sure whenever you get a ban it's going to remove your stickies.

They didn't ban him for quitting. They banned him for posting an "I'm quitting" thread. Notice the difference?
    The guy has already shown contempt for Blizzard and their rules.
    Well... Yeah. I am too.

Or maybe they don't want yet more pointless topics wasting space on the forums?

Guessing since he was banned they removed his posts, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done automatically. If he didn't want them removed he could have quit without making a post about it looking for attention.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Counter Point: If Yawning cared about all his work he would not have intentionally made a whiny "i'm leaving the internetz forever" post and got his dumb ass banned and his posts auto removed. Assigning the blame to Blizzard for following their rules is kind of hilarious.

The part that's fucked up isn't removing his qqbuhbye post or banning him, its removing his theorycrafting stickies.

It's basically the equivalent of Einstein (or any other scientist) waving his junk at traffic, and then the cops burning all the books they've written. That's insane...

People who seem all non sympathetic and talk all bad ass and bash quitters piss me off.

Here is the point you people are missing:

The guys had guides up as stickies.
    This means Blizzard recognized them as being valuable and accurate.

Nothing changed there.
    By removing them, Blizzard has acted EXACTLY like a little child who is taking his toys and going home.

Ban him all you want if that is what you think is neeeded. Remove proven guides that were approved by you in the first place?
    Heil Blizzard! Where do I get in line to burn my books?

You don't know all the details. It could have been a really bad departure. When someone leaves their job does the boss let him keep the keys to the office? No. I'm sure they banned him from forums for a reason.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They didn't ban him for quitting. They banned him for posting an "I'm quitting" thread. Notice the difference?
    Yes I see the difference, my point still stands. Its petty and stupid. To me it says "haha I got the last word".

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The guy has already shown contempt for Blizzard and their rules.
    Did you actually read the post? I see no contempt. I see sadness and disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Counter Point: If Yawning cared about all his work he would not have intentionally made a whiny "i'm leaving the internetz forever" post and got his dumb ass banned and his posts auto removed. Assigning the blame to Blizzard for following their rules is kind of hilarious.
    Counter point...

I think he made his post BECAUSE HE DOES CARE.

How easy would it be if you didn't care to be apathetic and say nothing about something that is obviously wrong (to him)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    Pretty sure we're just hearing one side of the story regarding Blizzard's actions on the forums to Yawning.

Regardless, it's Blizzard's forums so they can do whatever they want anyways.
    We're not saying that they can't. We're asking WHY they're doing it.

Blizzard staff are f*cking idiots.

This doesn't surprise me.

Unholy, you really think that justifies robbing the community of all his hard work? Shame on Blizz for this, and shame on you for supporting it.
    He broke the rules. Therefore, they took the action they'd take with any other player.

Just because he wrote a guide does not mean he's exempt to the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    He still broke the rules. Obviously you don't get leniency for murder even if you were Barack Obama. And if you did, that'd mean Blizzard doesn't even follow the rules they set.

And "robbing"? There's worser things to get robbed off. *cough* Madoff robbing millions *cough*
    The United States President can not be charged with a crime while he is still president. He has to be removed. Lrn2seventhgradeUsGov.

10+ Year Old Account

LOL at "Hard Work for the community". He probably should have kept that in mind before he got himself banned.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    The part that's fucked up isn't removing his qqbuhbye post or banning him, its removing his theorycrafting stickies.

It's basically the equivalent of Einstein (or any other scientist) waving his junk at traffic, and then the cops burning all the books they've written. That's insane...
    So you'd want Bernard Madoff's Ponzi Scheme to continue to rob millions after he got sent to jail for life?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II