Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Requesting clarification on guild rep issue"

Something like that might have gone down their throats a little easier than an accusation of being illogical. Though I suppose it's a nice change from "omg usux blizz".
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Right now Blizzard is a blind, raging behemoth flailing its arms at the heroes poking him with their spears. You'd better stay away from the official forums.

Rift is burning Blizzard like the sun burns a vampire.

*starts chanting into a ring of candles and goat blood*

"OHHHHHHH forum moderators, deem us worthy to receive your words of wisdom on this matter..."

Quote Originally Posted by Velossa View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. This has nothing to do with politics, it's an astoundingly simple case of following the rules.
    I don't think anyone could put it better.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-17 at 07:12 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Referring to Blizzard as a "Dictator" is a poor analogy that misses the boat in terms of what happens in reality under political repression. Your relationship with Blizzard is a voluntary exchange of goods and services, and if you're not satisfied with their end of the bargain, you are perfectly free to end your relationship with them. If Blizzard in some way violates the agreement underlying this exchange, in a civilized society you have the right to some kind of legal recourse.

In real life, when we refer to authoritarian systems, we are referring to the repressive behavior of the state, in which case short of expatriating yourself or overthrowing the state, you have no choices or recourse.

First off, it's a video game

Second off, it's a video game.

Third off, they can do whatever they want on THEIR forums. It's not a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by a random troll View Post
    Right now Blizzard is a blind, raging behemoth flailing its arms at the heroes poking him with their spears. You'd better stay away from the official forums.

Rift is burning Blizzard like the sun burns a vampire.
    I played the rift beta, And I do have to say it does have a LOT of potential. Mind you I never got to any of the raid or end game content, but the dungeons and the combination of classes were quite wonderful. It's too early to see whether or not the classes will start pin-holing, but let me say it put a smile on my face when I saw a Priest tanking.

But between me and you guys... I personally cannot wait for Guild Wars 2... The more videos they release the more I am like... hmmm... this seems a bit more awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    Spam/Troll is a bucket in which all things may fall into.

You broke the rules by posting about moderation, either in game or on forums. This falls under the spam heading.

We do the same thing here sometimes, but we also explain ourselves better.

R.I.P. YARG

Also, to the OP, the thread you posted is wrong. It was entirely your own fault, and you calling Blizzard retards because of your own mistake isn't going to magically make them change their mind. You are responsible for your account security. If you let your friend log in to your account, or have a habit of leaving your account logged in around people who think it is funny to leave your guild and join another guild (which sounds like a lie, honestly. I mean, he just happened to be walking past and decided to /gquit and then decided to join another random guild to reset your guild rep?) then it's your own fault, learn to take better care of your account.

Making multiple tickets about the same thing when you have already been given an answer to is against the rules in the game as well, which you mention doing in your post as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Whats going on in the official forums right now is completely unacceptable. You aren't alone...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post10403134
    I was banned for reporting posts that did not violate the coc, when they said the same exact thing I said.

Any other company that treated customers the way blizzard is would be out of buisness by now. Blizzard is digging their own graves, nothing is going to kill wow but they might piss enough people off that they will play garbage just so they don't have to put up with the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Whats going on in the official forums right now is completely unacceptable. You aren't alone...
    I was banned for reporting posts that did not violate the coc, when they said the same exact thing I said.

Any other company that treated customers the way blizzard is would be out of buisness by now. Blizzard is digging their own graves, nothing is going to kill wow but they might piss enough people off that they will play garbage just so they don't have to put up with the crap.
    So what let them dig and get what they deserve
    Resistance Is Futile

There's only one reasonable response to this thread.

Blizzard is god and can do what ever they want.

Let's face it, whether you like it or not you will still pay them monthly costs + expansion packs, and even if you don't they got millions of others who will. they really don't care what you or anyone else playing their game thinks.

<CTRL><ALT><DEL> k is your friend. Use it since you apparently won't beat the crap out of your roommate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nexon America does that too, yet they're still alive and well.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

By your own admission in your original post, you were logged into the game, your character quit from the guild, advertised an item in trade chat, and joined another guild.

No where was there any evidence to Blizzard to indicate that your account was hacked or exploited. So what you are asking for is basically to roll your character back for no valid reason. Does it suck that your friend did that? Yes it is, but you have no means to prove to Blizzard that it wasn't just you who did it in a huff.

Sounds to me like it was warrented. The forum ban was because you were discussing a GM issue on the WoW forums. If you have a problem with the results of the investigation then follow the proper procedures for escalation.

The WoW forums are not a public place that you have the right to say whatever you want. There are clearly defined rules and IMO they are very reasonable. You want to vent, and Blizzard has said they understand that, but the WoW forums are not the place to do it. Send you vent to the appropriate email and you will get a fair look at your case.

Like I said, Blizz presumed the criticism they get about Cata and have a very hefty ban hammer on the forums. Nothing you can do on the forums will change that. The only thing that has and will continue to change them is monetary, and this is apparent with a few of their backpedals.

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    <CTRL><ALT><DEL> k is your friend. Use it since you apparently won't beat the crap out of your roommate.
    Or just Windows + L

Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Send you vent to the appropriate email and you will get a fair look at your case.
    That will not happen.

Maybe if you get on the phone you will get to someone but all those emails will do is support the action taken against you without even trying to figure out why it was done.

YOU quit your guild
    YOU joined another guild
    YOU quit that guild an rejoined your original guild
    YOU ask for all your grep back

yea that doesn't look shady to blizzard at all

Except the vocal people on the forums that are violating the rules don't matter to their bottom line. Those people end up costing them more time and money in dealing with their issues than it would be to let them quit. Not to mention there is very little hope of ever helping those people. How many blue posts have we seen lately where the OP of the post wasn't telling the whole truth and the blue poster called them on it.

To me I'm seeing a bunch of whiny people complaining about the fact that their whining is getting deleted. You can give constructive criticism in the relevant thread or create new thread if there isn't one, but that doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want.

While I understand your frustration, I think it helps to stand back, take a breather, and look at the whole forum situation at the moment from Blizzard's point of view.

They've drastically altered their game, both to the applaud of some and the appall of others. At the moment, the forums are FULL of "squeaky wheel" posts (i.e. people who have complaints are posting up a storm while those who don't are staying far away). Blizzard is at the point now that, they are either so swamped with work that they don't have time to explain every ban; or they are so sick of QQ that they are unwilling to take the time to explain.

However, I read your first thread on the subject, and it all seems extremely shady to me. Like others have posted, the "it was my roommate/friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/brother/sister/parent/cousin/uncle/grandma's half sister" argument is the oldest one in the book. It is the go to excuse whenever someone makes a rash decision that they later determine was a bad idea. Even if you are telling the truth, how is Blizzard to know? If they were to go about their day fixing every mistake that people make based on dumb decisions, that's all they'd ever get done.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-02-17 at 07:36 PM.