Deleted

What is the difference between wow and starcraft ?

Note: for any of you who don't know starcraf/starcraft 2 is one of the best RTS games in the world and the best 2 RTS ever made by blizzard.

Recently i have been playing a lot of SC2, which i kind of enjoy, i am also a good player, i was streamed few times and played vs the world top 200 players ( and lost ).

I am starting to wonder... what is the difference between wow and starcraft... ?

By this i mean that wow is starting to look more and more like an RTS game to me, you do theorycrafting in both, in wow you do it for your gearing/rotation in SC you do it to determinate the best strategy to use and then you test it in raids( wow )/ leader matches ( sc 2 ) .

You got a lot of custom maps in starcraft , 2v2/3v3/4v4 matches and you got things like soloing old raids/pvp... etc in wow, things the game isn't really balanced around 100% but are fun to do and are the main "fun" for a huge number of the player base.
    You then got competitive play which is 1v1 in SC2 and raids/hc's in WoW.

I know they are not the same but its the same general idea, you THINK of a strategy to kill a boss/opponent you KILL him or LOSS to him and then you TRY again and that overall makes you have FUN. This is how wow fells atm, it fells so much like an RTS more then an MMO.

Anyone else is felling that wow starts being a game which the main points of are: thinking, planing and wining instead of a game of discovering, grinding and questing ?

Moreso in the end game than the game in general. I mean, the only time you start worrying about min-maxing, strategy and winning is when you're in your arena, or raid dungeon. Your average level 30-something is still there discovering new areas, grinding out profession materials and questing for rep, gold and gear.

The big difference is that in WoW you're a cog in the wheel of the strategy. You don't have to worry about elements outside yourself. By contrast, every aspect of the task is in your hands in Starcraft - you don't just build probes/SCVs/Drones while a teammate micros your army.

In general, though, I think you could reduce pretty much any two games into elements so general that they could be considered the same. You could say something like, "What is the difference between Guitar Hero and Call of Duty 4? At the end of the day, you're pushing buttons at the right times in order to accomplish objectives."
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Deleted
    They both require very little skill compared to other games in the same genra

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    Anyone else is felling that wow starts being a game which the main points of are: thinking, planing and wining instead of a game of discovering, grinding and questing ?
    Only in high tier content, and then only a little. There is a lot of RNG and a lot of other people that you depend on. So it detracts somewhat from how much thought you have to put into things ahead of time, at least specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They both require very little skill compared to other games in the same genra
    Is clearly in the masters league.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    WoW has always been all of those...