Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Idea for disci priest

Divine Aegis Rank 3
    Critical heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 30% of the amount healed. Lasts 12 sec.

could be reduced from 30% to 10%, but it proc from all the heals of the priest (and i mean all spells)
    bad idea?
    /discuss

No. Not a decent idea at all. Divine Aegis is usually wasted anyways.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Deleted
    why wasted?

hi bradley

while yes i do agree that disc need a spec redesign the above design is almost exactly like holy paladin mastery. and no divine aegis is not wasted. not in the least. i think memoryz is just upset about the change to pw: shield so dont mind his rudeness

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    why wasted?
    Prayer of Healing usually hits after all of AoE damage has hit; meaning that the Divine Aegis absorb would never be used. This effect is seen with spells and talents like Prayer of Mending (non-AoE, non-Tank situations) and Living Seed.

Deleted
    if it works on all spell (non crit) the buff still stacking up on all targhet maybe...just putting up renew....i dont know how this will be wasted

Soz for bad eng

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    hi bradley

while yes i do agree that disc need a spec redesign the above design is almost exactly like holy paladin mastery. and no divine aegis is not wasted. not in the least. i think memoryz is just upset about the change to pw: shield so dont mind his rudeness
    Here, I'll put this into simple terms for you:

Prayer of healing is generally used as reactive healing, i.e, after damage occurs. Thus divine aegis is wasted.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    Here, I'll put this into simple terms for you:

Prayer of healing is generally used as reactive healing, i.e, after damage occurs. Thus divine aegis is wasted.
    i don't know about you but when I know aoe damage is coming I precast.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    i don't know about you but when I know aoe damage is coming I precast.
    If you cast it too early, your over healing with PoH and your DA is absorbing damage

If your PoH lands after the damage, your PoH is used and DA falls off without absorbing anything.

It's only useful if there's sustained AoE damage

Deleted
    I'd agree with you, if multi-target damage would hit once and then no damage would be dealt to anyone member of the group for the 12 seconds that follow. But that's not really the case for most encounters, is it.

Deleted
    I typically get 65-80% usage out of my DA, so I don't think it is largely wasted by any means. Proccing it off everything does seem a bit too similar to paladin mastery though.

Deleted
    there are only very few fights with "spike" group damage (Omnitron Firegolem, Maloriak red phase, Nef Electrocute ands some more) where the DAs on raidmembers may wear off. In every other fight there's constant raid damage. You heal the first hit and absorb a part of the second.

Deleted
    One interesting twist could be to make DA convert any overhealing into shields. No for all spells obviously and probably not 100% but if overhealing on PoH had a decent convert rate to DA it would actually be viable as a pre shield tool and could be balanced for that instead of trying to make PW:S fill both roles.

Maybe it would be OP, I have not done the neccesary number crunching to know.

It gets clunky fast if you try to get use out of the healing and the shilding portion of PoH at the same time as is.
    I'd like a change that would make DA heal for a portion of the shield on fading (which would still not get used most of the time without coordination with all other healers around) or even a change which made PoH convert all previous DA on the targets into direct heals. That would come with its own problems and theoretically reduce effectiveness in some situations but would buff back to back use of PoH on encounters with spikes of group damage as we see them a lot right now.

The animation will anoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It gets clunky fast if you try to get use out of the healing and the shilding portion of PoH at the same time as is.
    I'd like a change that would make DA heal for a portion of the shield on fading (which would still not get used most of the time without coordination with all other healers around) or even a change which made PoH convert all previous DA on the targets into direct heals. That would come with its own problems and theoretically reduce effectiveness in some situations but would buff back to back use of PoH on encounters with spikes of group damage as we see them a lot right now.
    Do you mean like, PoH would apply a shield instead of healing, and upon expiration of the shield, it would heal for the same amount as the shield?
    Like a crappy multi-target Lifebloom?

I like that idea! We'd still be a spec around absorbs, a good Disco Priest could pre-shield effectively

No, I mean DA should heal for part of its value upon expiration or PoH should convert previous DA on the target into additional direct heals. (Leaving only the DA of the Healing itself) Healing for the full value all the time would most likely be too strong.
    Those heals would be incapable of criticals of course.
    The effect of the first proposion would be the exact opposite of what you thought, it would reduce the problem of only using half of PoH if there are longer gaps between needed raid healing.

(When DA was first introduced I thought it would have been better to have half of the value of DA converted into a direkt heal every x seconds instead of introducing a cap (but with a minimum like 2% maxlife for the value of DA that can be left). It would have avoided pre combat stacking and wasting of DA while there still is a health deficit)

Deleted
    Noradin:
    Disc is supposed to be about absorbs and other kind of damage mitigation.
    Converting shields to healing does not fit into that.
    What needs to be done for DA is to somehow allow us to utlize it to a higher degree in other situations then sustained raid damage.

A longer durations could help.
    Converting some of the overhealing to additional DA could help.
    There are options but they need to be carefully investigated and balanced so that they don't become OP.
    Pre shielding the raid is not a bad thing as long as it is well balanced and not too easy to do.

how about they change the penance glyph so that it splashes 25% of each tick to surrounding friendly members within 15 yards..... that would make it used a lot more.
    and it has a long cd so it couldn't be spammed

Then we'd have Holy Paladin mastery, except stuck at 10%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".