Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It was fun watching hercular pwn southshore prior to his nerf. Southshore R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    He means the vast majority of humans are worthless and I agree. Oh btw he missed one: "Trade chat" def deserves to be in that list.
    Oh, hehe, I completely misread his post then. oops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlrm365 View Post
    "why is wow so easy now?"
    You've got that many characters, as in your signature, and have played since Vanilla? You don't need to be asking anyone else, as you should have the / an answer yourself.
    well it wasent THIS easy when i levled all those... they were 60-70ish by wotlk anyway ^^ havent rly done that much low level prior too cata since then =)
    with easy i mean that a low level charr 15ish with no gear whatsoever can oneshoot nearly anything =O

Just started lvling a rogue, and lvling is indeed a joke in term of difficulty, personally idc, the faster i can be done with it the better, but after people wonder why we end up with dumbasses half the time you join a random dungeon queue.

Current lvling is entertaining and great storytelling (really enjoyed Redridge on my ally Warrior, and SIlverpine on my Undead rogue alt), but it doesn't teach you anything about the game, even without BoAs mobs die in 3 hit (My second warrior doesn't have them).

Lvl'ing has never really been that hard, but it has changed a little. They make it easier and faster each time an expansion comes out so that newer players don't take months and months to get to max lvl. They mainly do this for newer players and just to make it more enjoyable I guess.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Deleted
    I recently started a few characters on a new realm (the realm I normally play on I have most heirlooms). Leveling a druid and shaman to level 10 with nothing but white items you get from quests and buy from vendors, it was a nightmare. Even though I was planning to spec them as feral and enhancement, I had to play caster because you don't get any melee abilities before level 10. Casting spells gets the job done, but if you aggro two or three mobs, your spells get pushed back and you die.

Once you hit level 10, it's like you've turned on god mode. Mobs that took five or six global cooldowns to kill, only take one or two.

I also started a hunter. With a pet and arcane shot at level 1, it felt like I was playing with heirlooms, even though I wasn't using any. Very overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler View Post
    I recently started a few characters on a new realm (the realm I normally play on I have most heirlooms). Leveling a druid and shaman to level 10 with nothing but white items you get from quests and buy from vendors, it was a nightmare. Even though I was planning to spec them as feral and enhancement, I had to play caster because you don't get any melee abilities before level 10. Casting spells gets the job done, but if you aggro two or three mobs, your spells get pushed back and you die.

Once you hit level 10, it's like you've turned on god mode. Mobs that took five or six global cooldowns to kill, only take one or two.

I also started a hunter. With a pet and arcane shot at level 1, it felt like I was playing with heirlooms, even though I wasn't using any. Very overpowered.
    y u understood the thread SPOT ON <3 ^^ like nearly no1 else did

They made leveling easier because the game is more about endgame content now. I don't think they made it too easy though. There were points where vanilla leveling was a pain in the ass (kill 5 of this mob and this 1 named mob, but the named mob is surrounded by 10 of the small mobs of which at least 5 will pull with it, oh, and by the way, bring a stack of mageweave and your soul if you actually want to turn it in after). Overall though, it was fun, and overall, I find the new system fun, if a bit more streamlined. If you're looking for more of a challenge, just hit up a higher level zone.

If it's about other people having an easier time than you did, get over it. It doesn't really affect you. If it's about your own time feeling too easy and as a result, too boring, don't use BOAs and maybe fight some mobs a level or two higher.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

They used to balance the game on all levels when it was vanilla, but they stopped bothering about the low levels a looong time ago. Mainly because you used to take ages to get to level 60, but now you can do it extremely fast. Its a waste of their time to do this when it will only matter for 2 days.

Even outland has become far far easier now to quest in, and they only really care about game balance @ 85, considering that aint great, its no suprise the lower levels are even further out.

Deleted
    Or maybe you just got better at the game? I didn't play vanilla, granted, but I was there since BC launched. Take a break or play something else for a while if it bores you so much, many other people do it like that.

From Blizzards PoV, they go with the flow and cater to the majority, they are afterall a company, they want money, and as far as I can tell, they're still doing the best job at entertaining people in the MMO department.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    heya all
    i had an urge too level a shaman the other day and i started on a new server where i had no gold, item or BoA stuff... and im amazed how easy the game has become....

i really one shoot the mobs even when i have no gear at all 115 AP O_o

i have played since vanilla and i remeber how tough it was back then

so im wondering how come they have made the game THIS easy?

Edit after i read i few posts: i dident mean the xp rates or stuff like that... i meant that a no geared charr at level 15-ish can one shoot nearly any mob in that level =/
    Getting to max level doesnt mean anything anymore. I still remember the times where getting to lvl60 was a big event for your char. You always got a "gratz" from every one of your guild members, since it was hard as shit. Now its just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty Snakes View Post
    Levelling was never hard. It used to be more tedious and grindy, but don't confuse that with actual challenge.
    Yes it was. You obviously never leveled a warrior in vanilla/bc, with low dps on mobs (warriors were not THAT good dds back then) and no selfheal at all + you didnt have dualspec and no heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all part of a master plan... Deathwing weakend everything, including his followers. So when we are finally going to battle Deathwing we aren't prepared for such a hard fight because everything was so easy before him, and he kills us all.
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

they want u to spend ur time leveling...
    thats why they buff some classes. so u rerol

You are not a new player, for one. You know which zones to hit, what gear to get for which class, rotations and talent points, which quests to do and if you're unsure of something you know where to look up the answers. Secondly, Blizzard has made it easier to level... and that is definitely not something worth complaining over. If you want to, you can stop the XP gain.

You are doing so much damage now because you don't have to get to level 50/60 to get your main attack skill, like in the case of Paladins, they now get Crusader Strike and Divine Storm very early on, or hunters who come with a pet rather than having to spend get ~5 levels meleeing mobs. There are no weapon stats so you are always fully proficient rather than missing ALL the time (ie you miss mobs that are about your level A LOT LESS) You don't have to wait to be level cap in order to fill up a talent tree. This helps a lot.

Blizzard's idea of fun isn't spending months (or for some games, years), leveling just one character to max level. They want you to experience WoW at level cap, and they want you to feel that you can do it with more than one character.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

It's so easy now my 6 year old has leveled his Worgen hunter to 13 without being able to read and minimal help from me. I only let him play half hour to an hour at a shot. He started 3 weeks ago and only plays a few times a week. He gets a quest, follows the map then runs back to turn it in.

It wasn't this easy when I leveled in Vanilla. Mobs were red in start zones. Ran around not knowing where quest objectives were. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    cataclysm lowbie quests are awsome <3 love them 1-60 is the best part off the game by far now since cata...

but they rly need too like double the health off the mobs and stuff ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    Was it really "hard" to grind out 40 mobs? No. Was it really "hard" to get that damned rod from the yetis? No. Time-consuming, yes, but not hard at all.
    Is it easier to kill 10 mobs instead of 40? Yes. Is it easier when drop rates are higher? Yes. Is it easier to spend only 3 days to level to 85 than spending 8 days to level to 85? Yes. Everything that is easier to do is less time consuming obviously.

Or you can say that learning french is not hard but just time consuming. If you could learn french in half the time you normally would need wouldn't that be easier for you?

But you are right it wasn't hard to play WoW but it is easier now. It was pretty shocking how linear the quests in the new Cataclysm zones were. They become like first person shooters these days, only one route you can take so no chance of messing it up. FPS's weren't hard either but they are much easier nowadays.

The game has been around for 6 years, and the mechanics have been meticulously deconstructed by us geeks.

No longer do you see people making gut feelings about their spec, or what they think would be helpful - no - you see people going and looking up top PvP/PvEers and copying their specs/geming/gearing as well as running spreadsheets, and on, and on.

It's not so much the game is that much easier (other than XP/Rep tweaks), but there are very few unknowns about the game anymore - which saps the magic and perceived difficulty the game use to have. This, at least to me, makes the game quite linear as each class/spec has an exact way of being played that is easily determined on any number of websites - or even with certain addons that flash the button you should even press!

*tear* I miss the days of when having improved gouge as a rogue could be beneficial in PvE for a rogue.
    Last edited by Norick13; 2011-04-06 at 02:27 PM.

Leveling was never hard, it just took longer. I definitely don't miss wanding a mob down for the last 40-50% of it's hp. If you want difficult then take the gear off, or go do hard-mode raid bosses.

It's not the game, it's you. You're the proest.