Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Talking

    I leveled a new priest just because it was a class I hadn't used previously. It's been immensely fun! I was all about Disc until they applied the bubble mana hit. Since then, I've switched to Holy, and found its even more fun. The vast number of heals, the crazy combat regen, and still being able to use a decent bubble off the bat is really a good time. I agree that the multiple hotfixes are getting to be a bit much, but since swapping to Holy I can't imagine switching back.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    i find it more fun to watch the red square (debuff) tic off and see if the yellow square (shield) is still on. other than that priests have been ruined and i dont like mine any more. why would you not want bubble spam? its skill, timing the 15 seconds of no 20k absorb, fitting it all into a healing rotation, keeping every1 bubbled. its fun, when you can challenge yourself to do that. youre saying using bubble means im lazy? by saying i want to cast more often and do more things on my priest, you say im lazy? or bad? i can heal a heroic, if i want to, on my priest, but its not worth the hassle. straight up. my drood rolls content while watching hulu, keyboard turning and rubbing one out... disc just sucks to play man. argue THAT point playa.
    how is spamming the same spell on everyone fun? it takes no skill. you only use one spell when you are not good enough to use many.

    in wrath we spammed bubbles and penance and pom on cd. now we use everything! fh, gh, poh, penance, binding heal, bubble and even renew some.

    i think the op just wants ez mode again, i mean what the frak is challenging or fun about using 1 spell for 4 hours a night. learn2disc

  3. #23
    You top your healing meters as disc and you end the boss fight at 80%?

    Either you get 5+ innervates, you whipe at 80% or the other healers are absolutely useless.

    I can't end a boss fight even past 20% mana and im sitting at 10 372 items and ranked top 3-10 on world of logs on most fights so gl to you.


    Mana regen is an issue even after the buff, however we ain't supposed to spam shields none-stop so it's fine according to blizzard^.

    Holy seems rather weak atm but it's fine so far. I would still say stick to holy until you get a lot better gear

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Juber View Post
    * Just get the 4pct bonus (540), Tsunami (400), Jar (515), Flowing (300), Food (90) with a whopping 1845 passive spirit.
    * 100% gem/reforge haste.
    * Replace "Heal" with "Prayer of Healing"
    * Enter Naruto multi-PoH jutsu and blow yourself away with 5200+ combat regen & 1500 haste rating.

    Because 15.000 HPS on Al'akir & 14.000 on Nefarian with 80% mana left is probably more fun than PW:S spamming. There ya go little one, get high on Holy!

    Edit: Makes Chimaeron really fun too! Just to spam-heal when not needed just because you CAN!
    Edit: And that's the entire purpose to gear up, to be able to pull stunts like these off just because of _because_.
    This was seriously one of the funniest things I've ever read, and almost made me get kicked out of class because I was laughing so hard. It was funny enough that I might actually give it a try for raid tonight (we'll see though, working on hard modes now). But thanks anyways for giving me such a great laugh.

  5. #25
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    730
    In WoTLK, I hated Holy and was a Discipline priest fanatic.
    Starting with Cataclysm, I had to spec into Holy because Disc was really poor at the beginning. I felt really uneasy and unhappy about that.
    However, after running a few dungeons I've grown to love Holy (as it is in Cataclysm), and I'm probably not looking back for PvE, even if Disc is now a viable alternative again. I still play Disc in PvP though, it just makes more sense there.

  6. #26
    Personally, the 4 set bonus has cemented my switch to Holy. It is INCREDIBLY superior. I can spam all day now and it barely matters, woot

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Why anyone would actually think that is what people actually want to do just blows my mind...

    I think what a lot of Disc priest actually want is for their defining spell (yes, their defining spell!) to be useable more than once every 10 seconds without running out of mana... To be able to react to burst damage without running out of mana. For their mastery to mean something.
    Exactly. When half the talents in a tree are designed around a specific spell there's an issue with that. If they don't want disc priests spamming shields they should adjust the talents, not make it so you go oom doing so.

    The entire benefit of a disc priest is to help mitigate incoming raid damage yet they nerf the primary source of that mitigation just so priests won't spam it for some reason. They either need to revamp disc priests completely if that's not what they want them to do or they need to realize that allowing disc priests to bubble spam isn't necessarily such a bad thing.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-02-22 at 11:33 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Exactly. When half the talents in a tree are designed around a specific spell there's an issue with that. If they don't want disc priests spamming shields they should adjust the talents, not make it so you go oom doing so.
    It's almost as if it's been talked about before. Oh wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Let's see. How many talent points encourage spamming PW:S? 4. How many encourage PW:S to be used to setup other spells? 8. Total? 12.
    <For comparison's sake>
    How many talent points encourage spamming Holy Shock? 5. How many encourage Holy Shock to be used to setup other spells? 7. Total? 12.

    How many talent points encourage spamming Renew? 11. How many encourage Renew to be used to setup other spells? 2. Total? 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    The entire benefit of a disc priest is to help mitigate incoming raid damage yet they nerf the primary source of that mitigation just so priests won't spam it for some reason. They either need to revamp disc priests completely if that's not what they want them to do or they need to realize that allowing disc priests to bubble spam isn't necessarily such a bad thing.
    Correction: The entire benefit of a Discipline Priest is a healer who has strong mitigation utility. They're still a healer, first and foremost. Just because you got off easy on tab-target shielding your way through Wrath doesn't change that Discipline still is a healer, that's why you're there. Allowing Discipline to "bubblespam" effectively broke the game before, and would do so again.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's almost as if it's been talked about before. Oh wait!

    Correction: The entire benefit of a Discipline Priest is a healer who has strong mitigation utility. They're still a healer, first and foremost. Just because you got off easy on tab-target shielding your way through Wrath doesn't change that Discipline still is a healer, that's why you're there. Allowing Discipline to "bubblespam" effectively broke the game before, and would do so again.
    No need to be rude, I actually didn't heal at all in WotLK and don't promote bubble spam. The point still stands though that a disc priest brings a lot of mitigation to the table and nerfing it without buffing other areas isn't a very effective way to design the game.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    No need to be rude, I actually didn't heal at all in WotLK and don't promote bubble spam. The point still stands though that a disc priest brings a lot of mitigation to the table and nerfing it without buffing other areas isn't a very effective way to design the game.
    It still is a considerable buff from where it was before, which is "cast for Rapture". Context wise, Discipline held its own in 4.0.3, before the buff.

    It needed a nudging up, it was overbuffed, and brought back to where it should be.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #31
    Yes agree with most of these pve sided questions, but in Pvp Disc priests are at the bottom of the tree compared to all other healing classes. Disc priests are the only ones that oom.
    Hpallis dont go below 80k (unless i mana burn, which is a real oomer) R shamans have watershield mana spring totem, and Resto duids have innervate. What do we have?? we have a 8 second channeled spell that is not viable in Arenas.
    Blizzard has to look at both pve and pvp before they make these hotfixes.

  12. #32
    You also have Shadowfiend.

    But Priests have from the beginning been "powerhouses until they run out", then it's just trying to hold things together. Fights being make or break early on allowed Discipline to dominate for so long, this really isn't new.

    But now, these problems affect Holy PvP too!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  13. #33
    Hah... even for dps it's getting ridiculous. You hardly have time to come to terms with the latest round of changes and buffs/nerfs, when yet another hotfix arrives and you have to revisit half of what you had just figured out.

    It is so ridiculous that even Blizzard has noticed it. Hopefully there will be fewer "balancing" hotfixes in the future, and hotfixes will be limited to bug fixes - as they ought to be.

    I can deal with revisiting my class knowledge a few times during an expansion - while still a bit annoying, this at least keeps things fresh. But changes to classes should really be limited to major patches (like a content release or a big patch like 4.0.6) and communicated to the community well in advance.

  14. #34
    one thing i've not seen mentioned in here yet is PW:B.

    it's a largely essential tool for progressing PvE content sadly. It's kind of come down to: bring the player not the class, as long as you have a disc priest for PW:B (and warlocks to AoE, and a bear tank, and probably a paladin tank...)
    Redsparowe#2548 <Crayola Inc>, Lightbringer EU

  15. #35
    I have a feeling that most of the "Holy is faceroll OP" posts are about holypriests in 25 man raids where they are mainly assigned as raidhealers. Speaking out of 10 man experience, Holy is not faceroll, never go oom, replace "heal" with "PoH" bullshit. I use all my healingtools and pretty much all the regenabilities (not always hymn) and still i run oom from time to time on farmcontent. There is a different approach to healing as holy in 25man and 10man raids, don't walk around calling things faceroll without knowing both sides please.

  16. #36
    You should play shadow. They do great damage. We have 2 shadow priests in our 10man and are loving it.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    lemme break this down for you nice and quick: holy is over powered, takes less than moderate skill to play effectively, and allows you to faceroll all content without much stress. disc was terrible when cata dropped (terrible) (effing atrocious), and bliz felt bad. they buffed disc, but disc still sucked. then they buffed disc by making it a viable spec, allowing you to cast your bubbles and heals and just about going oom at the end of fights (much like every other class/spec). then they decided that disc priests using dmg mit spells too often was just like ANY other class, casting their heals with little downtime, so they nerfed disc priests again back to ooming all over the place.

    first thing i did when cata dropped was level my priest to 85. didnt take too long. then i played my priest at 85 for a day. and said TIME FOR A NEW TOON! holy is too easy and boring to present enough challenge to be FUN, and discipline has been completely reworked (OVERworked) by bliz to the point that theyre not fun to play any more. who cares that you dont want disc priests spamming bubble. WE want disc priests spamming bubble, because its fun keeping bubbles on people and adjusting to whose bubble breaks and THEN prioritizing heals (AFTER every1 is bubbled). its not fun bubbling one person, and then having another one take dmg and cast 3 FoL and being oom. stop ruining disc, blizzerd, just leave it alone. (id like to point out i wrote this, and then had to go back and edit out the curses because you (yes you blizz) are that frustrating.)

    my advice: level a druid. i did, and then i didnt hate the fact that my priest was terrible. bc i had my awesomer druid. but yeah, with priests you choose between no challenge and no viability. hmmm. sounds like a pally except all theyre specs are just no challenge. and idk shams, only healing class i havent maxed. so maybe do one of those, (but after purge gets nerfed/fixed/w.e) theyll really be ______ the bed. =)


    on a side note i like your sense of humor.
    Are you for real? Holy is pretty darned balanced these days, the nerf to PoH was needed and has made us use more of our arsenal which was intended. Saying that Holy is ez-mode compared to the other healers is just stupid IMO, due to our arsenal which features about double the amount of situational useful spells then any other heal class.

    After bashing Holy your argument for disc bubble spam, which is a incredible boring playstyle, doesn't make sense. Disc too is at a very good place atm, and I really enjoy playing it. They could/(should) have made PW:S even more expensive IMO as I have no problems keeping multiple ones up w/o getting any severe mana issues and I really hope they'll up the restrictions again as we get better gear.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2011-02-23 at 11:48 AM.

  18. #38
    I stopped playing disc cause it is too faceroll easy

    Not sure what the "fun" part is of moving up and down grid clicking 1 button?

  19. #39
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eolian
    Posts
    3,505
    If you're looking to play in raids you shouldn't limit yourself to one spec as a priest healer, you should be playing both

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    I stopped playing disc cause it is too faceroll easy

    Not sure what the "fun" part is of moving up and down grid clicking 1 button?
    You are lying. You cannot just use one spell (are you referring to PW:S?) and be anywhere near effective.

    I'm curious about what you wanted to achieve with such a stupid statement?

    Or was that post somehow caught in a time eddy, and you actually posted it some time last year?

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 12:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're looking to play in raids you shouldn't limit yourself to one spec as a priest healer, you should be playing both
    Why? What about people who have a shadow offspec for questing/dailies?
    What is special about priest healers compared to ANY OTHER HEALING CLASS that means they should not have a DPS spec AND a healing spec?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •