Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198

    Discipline jumping ship to Holy - Dawn of the new Bubble Bots

    But of course, it's not just bubble botting. It's also Circle of Healing! Perhaps even a Renew or two. Certainly a better Shield:Heal ratio than Discipline had.

    The question is, what will Blizzard do about it now? Will they let this slide? How can they? They can't fix this with a hotfix. I'll put my gold on them reverting the change to Body & Soul and then pretending they ever had a concern for Holy's mana for shields.

    So, the discussion/point of this new thread is:
    • How long will Blizzard let Holy bubbles go on for? A week again? A month?
    • What is a viable change to Discipline now, rather than in 4.1 or 4.2, that can draw people back to it?
    • Will the Discipline tree be changed? Not only to "improve" (be it throughput or to make it more appealing to others), but to stop Holy using bubble spam (goodbye low-in-the-tree [Soul Warding]).

    And anything else I missed. Would rather have the discussion going on in one topic rather than having the State of Disc thread filled with Holy bubble specs and other threads.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  2. #2
    The Patient Memoryz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    259
    They will just prolly move soul warding down the tree, making pre-shielding an unviable mechanic in raids because discipline isn't mana capable of doing it.

    Or they'll just do nothing. Shield healing is represented lower than before with pre-shielding as holy. I don't see much that they'll revert unless they plan on fixing the god awful things they did to discipline.

    In my opinion in heroics modes, discipline is just inefficient compared to holy. They have a bigger AoE healing while discipline is stuck with weak prayer of healing, and semi-decent tank healing.


    "Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

  3. #3
    It could be because I don't have very much mastery, but going from disc to holy my shield went from around 23k to 19k.

    I'm really confused as to why I should stay disc.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    I think they just need to get rid of Soul Warding all together :s

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    85
    I really hope that PWS doesn't become too expensive for Holy because of this... Body & Soul is very valuable to me as a Holy Priest and to not be able to use it because of the PWS mana cost would really be detrimental to my playstyle (and many others I assume).

    I think you're right about putting Soul Warding further down in the Disc tree. Assuming that Holy shield spamming becomes a problem, I think that's probably the best solution. It would prevent Holy from being able to get the talent without taking away from the use of B&S shields.

    As for fixing Disc, the only thing I can suggest is to boost their healing to make them not so reliant on shields? I don't really play Disc a lot, so please excuse me if I'm incorrect, but it's always seemed to me like Disc just doesn't have the healing throughput to support a non-shield spamming playstyle.

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I think they just need to get rid of Soul Warding all together :s
    Would that not wreck Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds and 5v5 Arena (and maybe 3v3)? I only arena in 2v2 so I don't take SW.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  7. #7
    The Patient Memoryz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugitout View Post

    As for fixing Disc, the only thing I can suggest is to boost their healing to make them not so reliant on shields? I don't really play Disc a lot, so please excuse me if I'm incorrect, but it's always seemed to me like Disc just doesn't have the healing throughput to support a non-shield spamming playstyle.
    Correct. Here's a cookie.


    "Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Would that not wreck Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds and 5v5 Arena (and maybe 3v3)? I only arena in 2v2 so I don't take SW.
    Maybe they should just go back to the old days where disc was pvp and holy was pve :\

    Well it already seems that way, lol
    Last edited by Mazi; 2011-02-17 at 03:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    Correct. Here's a cookie.
    NOMNOMNOM. (Thanks!)

  10. #10
    i personally dont understand why you will want to bubblebot as holy. holy has SO many awesome tools why would you single in on pw: shield?

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Maybe they should just go back to the old days where disc was pvp and holy was pve :\l

    Was Disc a good PvP healing in TBC? It's too far back and I didn't have a big enough interest in PvP at the time to remember something like that.

    Anyway, I think it's important to have 5 healers. Before you say anything, Blizzard thinks of specs as almost their own class. They made that clear before Mages and Hunters could provide Bloodlust:

    "wtf blizz y only 1 class bring bl??"
    "We think the provision of Bloodlust/Heroism is not an issue, there are current 3 specs that provide it."

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 04:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i personally dont understand why you will want to bubblebot as holy. holy has SO many awesome tools why would you single in on pw: shield?
    The short answer is that, well, you wouldn't just bubble bot (looking at TiduZ's logs) and because it's the optimum play style.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  12. #12
    The Patient Memoryz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i personally dont understand why you will want to bubblebot as holy. holy has SO many awesome tools why would you single in on pw: shield?
    Because pre-shielding provides a huge niche in current raids. Just because you shield doesn't make you a bubble bot. Wish all these ignorant misinformed comments would just die.


    "Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

  13. #13
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Was Disc a good PvP healing in TBC? It's too far back and I didn't have a big enough interest in PvP at the time to remember something like that.
    Disc was AMAZING in PvP during TBC... I played Disc in PvP then and it was sooo much fun. Geared Disc priests were extremely difficult to kill and I could /rofl and /dance as the rogues tried in vain to kill me. Fun times.

  14. #14
    I for one welcome our new Holy overlords.
    Reckoning 10/13 (H) - We're recruiting!
    Kazomi - 85 Disc Priest

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i personally dont understand why you will want to bubblebot as holy. holy has SO many awesome tools why would you single in on pw: shield?
    Most of us would not, that's the very reason we went holy. Unfortunately, there will always be people that want to win at the meterz by pressing one button and think they are good healers. That's why we are already seeing people adopt Tiduz's holy shield spamming spec. It's unfortunate that people can't just play the way the developers intended, using a multiple of healing spells. Now disc and/or holy or both will receive even more nerfs to PW:Shield because people like Tiduz find it fun to exploit shields at the expense of the other healers on his team.

  16. #16
    [QUOTE=Memoryz;10478921 Wish all these ignorant misinformed comments would just die.[/QUOTE]

    hey bro.

    relax. a discussion is a discussion.

  17. #17
    The Patient Memoryz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliahna View Post
    Most of us would not, that's the very reason we went holy. Unfortunately, there will always be people that want to win at the meterz by pressing one button and think they are good healers. That's why we are already seeing people adopt Tiduz's holy shield spamming spec. It's unfortunate that people can't just play the way the developers intended, using a multiple of healing spells. Now disc and/or holy or both will receive even more nerfs to PW:Shield because people like Tiduz find it fun to exploit shields at the expense of the other healers on his team.
    He's not exploiting anything, he's providing a huge benefit to his raid. He's not exploiting, he's simply playing at an optimal level. It's unfortunate you can't understand such a concept and the niche that discipline had in raids. But hey, all this crying got us somewhere, right?


    "Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Memoryz View Post
    He's not exploiting anything, he's providing a huge benefit to his raid. He's not exploiting, he's simply playing at an optimal level. It's unfortunate you can't understand such a concept and the niche that discipline had in raids. But hey, all this crying got us somewhere, right?
    See, this is the problem. While it may not *technically* be an exploit, it is clearly an abuse of the game mechanics counter to what Blizzard has stated it's intent for healers to be (required to utilize their tools for healing), just like Pally tanks not requiring hit/expertise, or having their HoPo generating abilities not require a hit to generate resources. Sure it may be extremely effective, and a huge benefit to a raid. It also if a magnet for the sort of attention he doesn't want, and exactly what he got. I'm glad he got so much attention, cause now he's gonna get all of you "tuned".

    The Pally forums have erupted in exactly the same hue and cry with each round of nerfs to bring them in line too, and guess what - they are still great healers and great tanks. The sky isn't falling.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Was Disc a good PvP healing in TBC? It's too far back and I didn't have a big enough interest in PvP at the time to remember something like that.
    Yes it was. I pvp'd heavily in TBC - Disc was -the- priest spec for pvp. No one played holy - there just wasn't the survivability.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-02-17 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Made the quote my post smaller.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    The sky isn't falling.
    Well said >:d
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •