Comprehensive 4.0.6 Holy Priest guide? & Chakra question

I'm looking for a good holy priest guide that's relevant post-4.0.3, preferably not in german (google-trans can only do so much, Ensidia :\ ), preferably not overly weighed in theorycrafting math. Has anything been updated anywhere, that anyone knows?

I ask if only so that I don't have to look through a million specific-topic threads to try to find out information.

Additionally, I'm looking for any thoughts/tips on managing Chakra. Currently, I have Chakra macro'd pretty much to every heal that it works with so that I'm never not in a chakra state, but I'm sure that practice is restricting my ability to be 100% effective with it. IE, happening to be in Serenity during high-AOE periods of fights, or being in Sanctuary when I need to focus on healing the tank.

Obviously, I need to be better at anticipating what's coming up in the fight, not have Chakra macro'd to EVERYTHING so I can activate the correct state at will, and communicate better with my other healers in the raid as to who needs to be doing what. What I'd like to know is: how do YOU guys do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking around for a good guide on a Holy priest guide. Aliena has a decent one here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/970017028

Right now, I've been checking my cooldown and using my keybound Chakra as necessary. The problem with that is that I'm not in the states enough. I think I need to find a cooldown addon that SHOWS me how long is left on the cooldown. In one youtube video I saw, a Disc priest had one and it showed all his cooldowns on this bar. I wish I could remember who that was.

Anyway, I think knowing when the cooldown is up and using the keybound, may be a better route than macroing it into your spells.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

Quote Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
    In one youtube video I saw, a Disc priest had one and it showed all his cooldowns on this bar. I wish I could remember who that was.
    The mod is probably fortexorcist

10+ Year Old Account
    Oo, thanks, I will look into that one!

Deleted
    I am guessing it was probably ForteXorcist that showed the cooldown bar.

Also check out http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/01/03/sp...st-101-part-1/

and http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/01/10/sp...t-2/#continued

Lot of good info for a new Holy priest

Right now, I've been checking my cooldown and using my keybound Chakra as necessary. The problem with that is that I'm not in the states enough. I think I need to find a cooldown addon that SHOWS me how long is left on the cooldown. In one youtube video I saw, a Disc priest had one and it showed all his cooldowns on this bar. I wish I could remember who that was.

Anyway, I think knowing when the cooldown is up and using the keybound, may be a better route than macroing it into your spells.
    Chakra has a 1 min duration and a 30 sec cd. Just keep an eye on Chakra, and when it is off cd work into your casting at your leisure. You'd have a full extra 30 seconds to use it again before it actually falls off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Power Aura for my Chakra states and for the cooldown of the spell. I tend to let the duration of the state go down to around 10 seconds before I start looking for an opportune moment to refresh it.
    As for a guide, I was working on one right before 4.0.6 hit, so I've put it on hold for a bit until I had some experience with the new changes. Since nothing much has changed, I will resume working on it soon (likely tomorrow) and hope to finish it by Monday.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I'll have my eye out for it, thanks Ynna!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodin View Post
    I am guessing it was probably ForteXorcist that showed the cooldown bar.

Also check out http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/01/03/sp...st-101-part-1/

and http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/01/10/sp...t-2/#continued

Lot of good info for a new Holy priest
    It's not seperated into 25 man and 10 man raiding which is very different stat wise, so I wouldn't go and call it good info.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=103

This one is still a work in progress but you're more than welcome to take a look.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Power aura for charka off cd

Code:
    Version:4.9; b:0.9412; icon:priest_icon_chakra; buffname:Chakra; x:-56; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; texture:14; alpha:0.7; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; sound:23; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.18; y:-225; texmode:2; ismounted:0
    Power aura for Which chakra & Duration left

Code:
    Version:4.9; b:0.9804; icon:priest_icon_chakra_blue; buffname:Chakra:; r:0.9843; x:-168; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; texture:14; alpha:0.7; owntex:true; isResting:0; inVehicle:0; sound:23; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.18; y:-225; texmode:2; ismounted:0; timer.b:0; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.g:0; timer.h:1.25; timer.enabled:true; timer.r:0; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true
    edit: the weird face its doin is : p (icon: priest_icon) withoout a space after the :

I fixed that for you, I hope you don't mind--Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-02-18 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for that. I did get ForteXorcist last night, and it's cooldown timer VASTLY improved my ability to stay in the Chakra states. Now, of course this wasn't when I was raiding, just in a 5 man to test it out. We shall see though. I had Power Auras for a while, but I never grasped the intricacies of how to use it.

However, since you've just handed me the necessary coding for it, I should be able to get it again for if I need the added help.

Thank you, again!

Hey there Ishkalol,

I have a beginner to intermediate Chakra guide that may help you out a bit. You can find that and other posts of mine at the link located in my signature. Regarding your questions about maintaining your Chakra and predicting the damage, I also think having clear cut healing assignments can put things more in your favor. In our raids, I have an assignment and I rarely need to stray from it. If I'm asked to raid heal (ranged) then that's who I focus on and I know that I will be in Sanctuary for most if not all of the fight. If I'm asked to tank heal (which we can do), I know I'll be spending a lot of time in Serenity. Having concise assignments helps you narrow down your role and your focus and you don't feel so pressured by constantly changing Chakra states or seeing how much time is left on your current state before you can shift into another one.

Last edited by Oestrus; 2011-02-19 at 04:33 AM.