Thread: States of Pvp?

10+ Year Old Account

States of Pvp?

I know dueling isnt really considered pvp by most but i find it a good way to learn how to counter different things other classes do. Before this last patch I was survival for pvp and loved it, though the damage was low I was able to keep my distance most of the time and put up a good fight. With the survival nerf, Iv gone MM and though I like the damage I can't understand why I'm taking such ungodly amounts of damage compared to last patch. I find it much harder to face warriors now than last patch as most of them can drop me to 50% within a single charge stun(through ~3000 resil)

Is there something funky up with pvp damage right now because Im personally at a loss

Sincerely, Confused hunter
    "Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, they are merely there to make sure no one else has any." -Sun Tzu: The Art of Warlock

I don't get how you can basically kite as survival and not as MM. Don't get it. Warriors are soooo ez now =\
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think kiting is the problem I just get killed so quickly, the 2 secs they make contact every so often is enough to outweigh the damage I'm dishing out
    "Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, they are merely there to make sure no one else has any." -Sun Tzu: The Art of Warlock

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf View Post
    I know dueling isnt really considered pvp by most
    doubt anyone doesnt consider that pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    Melee isnt a huge issue, usually when i lose its due to my playing wrong. However ranged i find more difficult specially boomkins

It may not be that you went mm, but rather that warriors have gone to fury, and are currently globaling all classes. MM is far superior for pvp imo for almost any situtation.

Deleted
    Hello,
    Maybe I can help you.

1. Against warriors, there are 2 basic things you must get used to doing. The first is casting Roar of Sacrifice on yourself whenever you are stunned and taking damage (and the ability is off cooldown of course). The second is putting freezing traps preemptively when you expect a charge so they spend the duration of the stun frozen.
    If I were to fight a warrior now, i would probably counter the first charge by frost trap, the second i would trinket+disengage and the third - i would deterrence in advance so he charges into my deterrence. You must anticipate the 15second CD on charge though, which only can happen with a lot of experience. Roar of sacrifice is crucial for surviving bursty melee classes (arms/fury warr, frost dk, any type of rogue). Other things that help destroy warriors are spider/crab pet root and glyph of freezing trap.

2. With casters it's much harder, a good moonkin will probably dot/kite you. He may also try to hug you, but this doesn't work normally, if you know what you're doing. You're at a disadvantage against most casters (mages being somewhat easier than before). The good thing with moonkins is that they can't dispel/spellsteal your master's call, so 8 sec master's call is good to counter the roots. Use frost trap on treants and kite them as much as possible. You can kill a moonkin if you time your cooldowns well - rapid fire => aimed => silence => aimed => scatter => aimed, reset with readiness and repeat.

Overall since the patch I'm feeling much stronger and win more duels than before. Now for example I can kill warlocks and some of the healers, while i couldn't pre-patch, so probably it's just you not used to MM yet. Take your time and practice and I can assure you that soon enough you'll be happy with the results and not regret having abandoned survival in favor of MM