Question Holy pala - upgrade advice wanted

Hey all

Was wondering if I could get your thoughts on gear upgrades for my holy paladin
    Link> (can't post links yet..... gay) - however my char is Vpal on The-Shatar

I have 3110 Valor points, and giving the poor stats on the tier chest, I think the best upgrade for me would be a ring+cloak.
    However, I am not sure if I should go for the spirit/mastery or haste/crit versions? (I'm leaning towards the latter...)

My current regen is 3644/2407 unbuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Vels View Post
    Hey all

Was wondering if I could get your thoughts on gear upgrades for my holy paladin
    Link> (can't post links yet..... gay) - however my char is Vpal on The-Shatar

I have 3110 Valor points, and giving the poor stats on the tier chest, I think the best upgrade for me would be a ring+cloak.
    However, I am not sure if I should go for the spirit/mastery or haste/crit versions? (I'm leaning towards the latter...)

My current regen is 3644/2407 unbuffed

I'm went with the haste/crit versions just cause I don't have much use for mastery and I don't find myself needing much more spirit.

I also not personally getting any of the tier pieces. The drops ones seem much better over all, though I might get shoulders and gloves later on just for the 2pc bonus.

You can look me up on http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/bahia/simple

Boots first - probably the best upgrade from Valor imo.
    DPS Ring - Band of Secret Names.
    Cloak - if you haven't gotten the cloak from Valiona & Theralion. Which is better because you don't waste stat points on crit.

Other than that I'm just spending my Valor on Ret gear.

Haste/Crit ring (reforge Crit > Spirit)
    Haste/Crit ring (Archaeology, reforge Crit > Spirit)
    Relic (Haste/Crit, Crit > Spirit or Spirit/Crit, Crit > Haste, depending upon preference)
    Trinket (Core of Ripeness), unless you've got better already

Drape of the Twins is argubly BiS (Spirit/Haste), so I skipped the VP upgrade since I had the Solar Wind Cloak until the Cloak dropped.

After that, you're buying boots to sell or off-spec gear.

Quote Originally Posted by stryhf View Post
    Haste/Crit ring (reforge Crit > Spirit)
    Haste/Crit ring (Archaeology, reforge Crit > Spirit)
    Relic (Haste/Crit, Crit > Spirit or Spirit/Crit, Crit > Haste, depending upon preference)
    Trinket (Core of Ripeness), unless you've got better already

Drape of the Twins is argubly BiS (Spirit/Haste), so I skipped the VP upgrade since I had the Solar Wind Cloak until the Cloak dropped.

After that, you're buying boots to sell or off-spec gear.
    Archaeology one is Mastery

Boots > Ring > Relic > Trinket

Try to avoid replacing an Epic with an epic where possible and once you're done with the above you can just add in the rest of the pieces if they're not epic yet unless you couldn't care less, in which case just sell boots
    The first 3 are BiS so you'll want those eventually, obviously pre hc, trinket is 'ok' but there's better alternatives