Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    hmm, its not even that hard to get caught up in a situation like this. I have seen many people destroy their lives with alcohol and drugs, but playing too much WoW, or game addiction in general can cause many similar problems if you let it, even to the point of destroying your body and mind. I think most wow players would admit that sometimes they played the game to an unhealthy degree at some point, I know I have at times. Its just so easy to get up and turn on wow, and find yourself playing it all day.

The trick really is to take a step back, and ask yourself if its really that fun? I ask my friend if he really NEEDS to do that insane title. I ask myself if I really care about my 10th alts trinket etc etc.

Also consider that its not the worst thing you could be doing. You could be on hard drugs, you could be watching 12 hours of TV a day. You could be torturing small animals. Its all relative.

I started playing wow when I was 27. I would be really pissed off if i had missed my crazy youth for a video game. Something to consider before you get too old.
    Thing is I lost all interested in the game, i dont find it fun at all but I still sit here day in day out. What would i do outside it, i find anything fun. Any other hobby i can think of bores me, going back to school is not even a question. Getting a job with my grades is like trying to be president as a abusive drug person. Maybe I just see the negative of everything, maybe there is a chance for me to get a job if i just show up with a smile and be the polite and respective person I once was. But whenever i try do something else i just want to go back to wow, even if it bores the shit out of me

Quote Originally Posted by manofmagic View Post
    you could also try to talk with that girl.. ask her if she remember an old boy friend from the school.. explain her what happend etc.. try to start talk with her again.. it could work by talking with someone irl about it..
    If playing WoW causes such a problem with your life, you're probably not ready for a girlfriend.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

man I'm glad I don't have an addictive personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Damn, beaten too it!
    Was the first thing I noticed too.
    Aw that's a shame. Fooled I suppose Though, I feel better after it anyway, so guess that doesn't matter
    "The truth, my goal."

WoW did NOT do this to you. YOU did it to YOURSELF. The choice YOU made got you into this, and it's only more choices that YOU make that will get you out. Blaming a GAME that is meant to be enjoyed and not abused like an addictive drug is not how you get yourself out of this mess.

The first step to picking yourself up from this is to admit that it's YOU that is doing this to YOURSELF. PRetending that you have no hope, when you can just put the game down and walk away. It pitiful, lame, juvenile and altogether the epitome of fail. That's right: you failed at life and now you blame WoW.

Sorry mate, it's your fault, not WoWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    If playing WoW causes such a problem with your life, you're probably not ready for a girlfriend.
    i did not think of getting a girlfriend.... i was thinking of having someone to speak with... in this case.. his old girlfriend.. which he know how to get contact to... and who probaly knew him pretty well... before all that with wow started..

you need to seek a therapist and consider rehab.
    that isn't meant to be mean, it's just the obvious solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, you disgust me. WoW did nothing to you. You did it to yourself. Just disgusting to villify a game for your shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    OP, not all is lost.

I was addicted to heroin for four years from 17-21 years old, and am 22 now. I've had a knife to my throat, I'm the cause of an armed robbery, and I've even been shot at from a distance. I've felt pains and highs and fears that I should've never felt at such an age. I got myself out of it, because I was sick and tired of being in pain, and being at the mercy of the scum who supplied it. When self-pity and sorrow turns to anger, that is the start of an almost assured victory. Defiance in the face of the things that would keep you from happiness is how to defeat them. You may have to realise it yourself, because nobody can tell you to quit, but you must stand in defiance of what would keep you from being free.

My life for the time being is absolutely fucked because of the terrible mistakes I've made, but I work to correct them because I am defiant. Do the same, and don't let the worthless vices of this world dominate you - you are the master of your own destiny, act like it.
    Thank you.

Btw guys, he stated this thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...zard-trolling/

Remember, there's an abundance of trolls nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I almost ended up into that situation, but I went to therapy to control my habit of being addicted to video games. And it helped me, a lot.

Its the not the games' fault.

Intelligent post here. People should take heed to it.

Types of drugs can physically addict you. Psychological addiction can be to anything. The fact that you may or may not have an addictive personality, OP, has nothing to do with the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Btw guys, he stated this thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...zard-trolling/

Remember, there's an abundance of trolls nowadays.
    What better way to combat a troll than to turn his own thread against him in to something valid?
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    I feel exactly the same man, waking up thinking of WoW, stopped my social life, drank, took drugs and other things I won`t mention here. I also look out that damn window for something to come along too but it never does, before anyone says, get a job blah blah try having multiple disabilitys that stop you from working. What you said about the 1% player base being like this..well, I`ll bet my left nut it`s about 20%-25% of the player base and a LOT won`t admit to it. Well done for typing this out, couldn`t do it any better if I tried

Story of my life. Then I met my fiance, faced my issues, and got on with my life. I still play from time to time, but I have other things I need to do (like go to work, take care of my dogs.. etc.) I'm only 22, have my own house on 2 acres of land, and my life is moving forward just fine. Taking it day by day; hell, at this point in time, I don't even play anymore My 3 german shepherds are enough to keep me busy! My fiance and I are also debating on if we want to have a kid or not!

To be honest, you're the one preventing yourself from moving on. As my dead grandpa used to say (RIP, he died exactly one year ago) 'pick yourself up by the bootstraps, and kick yourself in the ass!'. You need to take the initiative and get on with it. No use dwelling on mistakes, learn from them and move the hell on.

Deleted
    I cried all the way through.

Deleted
    "He decided to find out her name"..... right, after few years you completely forgot her name.
    dont blame wow, its your fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Story of my life. Then I met my fiance, faced my issues, and got on with my life. I still play from time to time, but I have other things I need to do (like go to work, take care of my dogs.. etc.) I'm only 22, have my own house on 2 acres of land, and my life is moving forward just fine. Taking it day by day; hell, at this point in time, I don't even play anymore My 3 german shepherds are enough to keep me busy! My fiance and I are also debating on if we want to have a kid or not!

To be honest, you're the one preventing yourself from moving on. As my dead grandpa used to say (RIP, he died exactly one year ago) 'pick yourself up by the bootstraps, and kick yourself in the ass!'. You need to take the initiative and get on with it. No use dwelling on mistakes, learn from them and move the hell on.
    I couldn't agree more. There's a time and a place to dwell and reflect on shit, but as soon as it's over it's time to move on.

My grandad who also died last year is a lot like your's
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    What better way to combat a troll than to turn his own thread against him in to something valid?
    Ever thought about a look alike troll who was never taken seriosly?There are a few of those aswell.
    If I were a troll, why would i create this with the same account i used to create my other post that might look like a troll to you.

Deleted
    Don't be feeding the troll now or he may throw his next computer out of the window.