What to do with all the Zephyrites?

What do you guys do with your Zephyrites after processing all your ore / gems? I can't find a useful dump for them other than cutting and vendoring XD.

I cut and vendor them, save a stack for JC dailies

JC dailies is the word...I put them in the AH when it's the JC daily and make a lot of gold from fellow JCs too lazy to farm.

Cut & Vendor is common. Depending on prices on your server transmuting them into Ocean Sapphire's may be a profit.

Other than that, as Yubari said keep hold of them and put a pile up on the AH when it's daily is up.

I save all Zephyrite, Jasper and Nightstone for the daily.
    My biggest problem now is that we've had the Nightstone one now 3 days in a row :/
    Have something like 200 Zephyrite and 300 Jaspers cluttering up, the positive side is that I know they're worth ~25g each when it's time for the daily.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, save all the Zephyrite, Jasper and Nightstone for the JC dailies
    On my server Zephyrite sell for like <15g on normal and 30g when it's the daily
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

We just had the Zephyrite daily for four days in a row. Third and fourth day the price went up to 50 gold (and they were selling). Usually you can get them for around 10 gold.

As long as you do not run out of bag space there is really no reason to cut and vendor them. Just wait for when they are dailies.

Deleted
    Those are your only options really! Cut and sell, use them for the JC daily or AH them. If you're going to AH them then they are usually higher in demand and price on the JC daily days for all the JC'ers who don't keep a stockpile of gems.

Deleted
    If, like me, you don't look for the rare exceptional deals but make (a lot of) money of a well-honed, goblin-sized industrial machine, here is what you want to do:

- keep 2-3 stacks of all gems. Yes, that is a lot. Keep reading.
    - when the daily of a given gem pops up, make a profit by selling at a premium price. Make a note to buy your stock again 2 days after the price bubble. Do this. Always. Every day, during the day, post gems at a high price. The more populated your server is, the more it works. I sell Jaspers at 100 gold when the quest pops 2 days in a row. Yes, I sell 60 of them at 100 gold a piece. Buying them now at 14.
    - when shadow spirit diamonds are in high demand (mostly wednesday evening to sunday evening): use your stacks to transmute them with alchemy. If you don't have an alchemist, get out of my sight, you don't deserve to make money. :')
    - this will lead you, inevitably, to a surplus of Alicite, and possibly Carmelian. You will use them to make pendants, which you will then disenchant in order to make MOAR MONIES. If you don't have an enchanter, then you'd better start running before I put my foot up your ass, you smalltime crook!
    - if you have a smartphone or access to the internet at work / uni / whatever, but not access to the game, and you can afford it, get the 3 bucks/month remote AH. It basically tripled my daily income. Currently I'm at about 3k/day with about 20 minutes spent total.

Go out. Do it. Give me a small share. As we discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    If, like me, you don't look for the rare exceptional deals but make (a lot of) money of a well-honed, goblin-sized industrial machine, here is what you want to do:

- keep 2-3 stacks of all gems. Yes, that is a lot. Keep reading.
    - when the daily of a given gem pops up, make a profit by selling at a premium price. Make a note to buy your stock again 2 days after the price bubble. Do this. Always. Every day, during the day, post gems at a high price. The more populated your server is, the more it works. I sell Jaspers at 100 gold when the quest pops 2 days in a row. Yes, I sell 60 of them at 100 gold a piece. Buying them now at 14.
    - when shadow spirit diamonds are in high demand (mostly wednesday evening to sunday evening): use your stacks to transmute them with alchemy. If you don't have an alchemist, get out of my sight, you don't deserve to make money. :')
    - this will lead you, inevitably, to a surplus of Alicite, and possibly Carmelian. You will use them to make pendants, which you will then disenchant in order to make MOAR MONIES. If you don't have an enchanter, then you'd better start running before I put my foot up your ass, you smalltime crook!
    - if you have a smartphone or access to the internet at work / uni / whatever, but not access to the game, and you can afford it, get the 3 bucks/month remote AH. It basically tripled my daily income. Currently I'm at about 3k/day with about 20 minutes spent total.

Go out. Do it. Give me a small share. As we discussed.
    Works on some servers I suppose, here by day 3 of the same daily gems go for around 30g, maybe 35g if lucky. For example, we are currently on day 3 of the Nightstone daily, and there's currently 300+ Nightstones on AH for 25-30g, 5 hours ago they were even cheaper.
    Shadowspirit Diamonds.. unless you frequently get x4 and always at least x3 you're better off not making these on my server, the mats for making a guaranteed x2 worth around 300g and the Shadowspirit Diamonds sell for around 100g, the exception here is if you can make one of the new metas, then go nuts.
    Alicite Pendants are a complete waste, to make gold with this you need to get lucky and score max mats from every disenchant you're doing 2x Alicite + Jeweller's Setting = 19.5g (2x cut alicite vendors for 18g and 1.5g for the setting). Dusts are around 8g, so anything less than 3 dusts which is maximum is a loss, and from my experience the average you will get from these is 2 dust, greater essences are 20-25g so if you score 3x lessers you're making some gold, but usualyl you get less than this. Carnelians on the other hand are very much worth to craft into Carnelian Spikes and disenchanting since they often DE into 3x greaters.

And for the record, my server is a very high populated one, which is part of the problem, so many jewelcrafters doing the exact same thing

Edit: TL;DR: Before jumping the gun and doing everything listed here, check your server prices and then decide what to do :P
    Last edited by Caelia; 2011-02-18 at 08:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole buying stocks of daily gems on cheap days and selling on daily days should work for basically anyone, though dont expect to sell them for 100g unless your server has a LOT of lazy JCers :P. Generally on my server I can get up to 20g if it hasnt been said daily for a while, with the max price increasing by ~10g per day in a row it lasts. Highest I've seen somewhat recently was when we had Jasper daily 5 times in the same week, I managed to sell about 100 of them at 70g each :P.

Deleted
    I don't get it. Why JC people would buy cut gems from AH for the daily? They still need to cut the gems as part of the daily required.

I throw them at homeless people.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Boomshine View Post
    I don't get it. Why JC people would buy cut gems from AH for the daily? They still need to cut the gems as part of the daily required.
    Who said anything about buying cut gems for the daily? jewelcrafters buy uncut gems from AH for the daily..

Deleted
    I have a hard time understanding the issue here.

You say uncut uncommon gems are too cheap on your server.

You then say shadowspirit diamonds are too cheap on your server. But gems are the only way to make SSP diamonds.

In essence you are claiming that on your server, people lose money making meta gems? That seems weird to me.

Considering the price on Azsharas Veil i dont think i ever could make profit from transmuting, so i just do as all others, vendor them.

I cut the zephyrites and vendor them mostly, since i have way more than i can feasibly sell on the day when that's the JC daily. I try to keep 5 or 6 stacks for those days, just in case we get lucky and have 3 or more days in a given week with the same one. Then you might get lucky with some prices sustainably higher than the 9 g vendor price.

Cheers,

Zywrath

Requisite - Mal'Ganis