Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll try to make myself more clear, because my point doesn't seem to be getting across. I am not saying that I want every sub-forum to have rules that prevent people QQing. I am suggesting there be one sub-forum that has different rules where the non-constructive QQ posts are not allowed. A place where only mature discussion is allowed. Because seriously, look at General, it is a disaster. But I am not saying to change it, just having a place for people like me to go where we can discuss things about the game instead of being bombarded with all the quit threads, the Blizzard sucks threads, etc.

I am not saying to change anything, I am saying to add something for people who want something different from what General offers.

An optimistic subforum? That would be a hell of a job to moderate, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is how this segments the forum up further and what it does to the forum's organization and structure.

Does this mean that if somebody posts something optimistic in General Discussion or in the Paladin forums that I'll have to move it to the new optimism forum? If so, that's a lot of extra moderation, and if not then people will be even more split up than before.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Having an optimistic subforum would be nice, especially if we return from the game giggling at a funny quest, or hyped up after a fight that Blizzard designed really well. However, I think it would possibly attract the "I really like so-and-so" vs. "Omgrofl those are so stupid ur stupid" arguments that come up.

I'm not intending to bring pessimism to an optimistic idea (and a fairly good one), but it's a recurring theme that whenever someone has something they appreciate about the game, another person has a polar opposite view on it. The haters tend to be a bit more verbose as well.

But I'd post there. The Double Rainbow almost made me fall out of my seat. You're damn right I'd make a post about appreciations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotomie View Post
    I'll try to make myself more clear, because my point doesn't seem to be getting across. I am not saying that I want every sub-forum to have rules that prevent people QQing. I am suggesting there be one sub-forum that has different rules where the non-constructive QQ posts are not allowed.
    Well if it is a non constructive QQ thread it isn't allowed anyway.
    The kind of sub forum you are asking for is a very specific, limiting area that I doubt would see much use... in thread count or posts.
    There are only so many threads you can make telling people to say positive things and remain positive and only so much discussion you can get from them. Espeically bearing in mind posts of "Yes" or "I agree" and nothing more are not allowed =P

I have no idea how much work it takes to create a forum but it would be hell to moderate, and people would probably be getting infractions a lot for things that are usually perfectly fine.

I think if you want more intelligent / mature discussion (and I don't blame you) I'd encourage you to make threads like that yourself rather than waiting for a new forum. That way, if there ever is another sub forum added you can just PM us and ask us to move an existing thread you made on the topic in question and we'll do it for you.