Thread: Guild Bank

Deleted

Guild Bank

I have no idea if a topic like this has been started before, i tried searching but couldnt find one.

nonetheless, im an officer in my guild, and have been given the task of sorting out the guild bank, and over the past month iv been encouraging people to deposit, sorting it all out, making it all neat etc.

and I've realised; what's the point? next to no1 deposits, no1 ever really withdraws, apart from when they want some of the maelstrom crystals we got from raids.

does anyone have a gbank system that works? if so I'd love to hear it, because currently ours is just a complete waste of time.

thanks
    Last edited by mmoc8fc7efca4f; 2011-02-18 at 04:06 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well my alt is a enchanter, everyone in our small guild sends me there greens i de them and put random scrolls in the bank for people to use and raw mats also

anyone in the guild can just ask me when im on to do a scroll and i put it in for them,

thats one idea, seems to work for us but like i said we are only a small guild

If using DKP System: Items deposited=DKP Items taken out= -DKP
    All others: Sold at a 25% discount of AH price. And we offer guild repairs for all our progression raids. Most of this gold comes from selling boes, flasks, crystals, etc. Depositing stuff for this method nets you gold, or, depending on what you deposit, free withdraws.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Our guild bank is a free-for-all. Makes it hard to manage. I cant post link but if you do a search for guild bank at treebarkjacket you can see their idea which looks good to me

If just talking in general, we have g repairs for profress raids, free flasks, chanting matts, and food. Only officers can withdraw but it is all free. Just need to ask.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are a smallish guild made up mostly of friends both IRL and in game, and we have a very communal attitude towards many things relating to guild business. For instance, between all of us we have (at least) one of every profession--we have a tab for enchanting, where people will deposit BoEs they don't want, so the guild enchanter will come in and disenchant them for the raw mats or scrolls. We have a food tab, where people will put buff food or mats for cooking that people can take out for raids. We have a tab for rarer items for leveling alts, we had a tab for glyphs made by our inscriptionist...you get the picture. Basically, make the guild bank worthwhile to use and people will use it! If you're all Cata level and you're filling it with level 20 recipes, you won't get much use out of it.

Basically, you have to do two things at once. In order to make it into something useful, you must convince your guildies that it already IS something useful. It can be difficult as it requires contributions from many sources, but it can be done! Unfortunately, you might have to set off the wave of contributions yourself. But starting it off in efforts to create that "all for one, one for all" attitude might go a long way.

Deleted
    Uhm, our gbank is working fine. We got 7 tabs.

Random shit
    Takewhatyouneed
    Free enchants
    Free gems
    Free drinks
    Project Fish (mats for feasts)
    Free drinks

we're pretty lucky with trash dropps and most of us doesnt need it, so we sell it, and put the gold on the guild bank. Wich means the guild provides with repair costs, gems and enchants. The enchants and gems are for raiders only tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilianah View Post
    We are a smallish guild made up mostly of friends both IRL and in game, and we have a very communal attitude towards many things relating to guild business. For instance, between all of us we have (at least) one of every profession--we have a tab for enchanting, where people will deposit BoEs they don't want, so the guild enchanter will come in and disenchant them for the raw mats or scrolls. We have a food tab, where people will put buff food or mats for cooking that people can take out for raids. We have a tab for rarer items for leveling alts, we had a tab for glyphs made by our inscriptionist...you get the picture. Basically, make the guild bank worthwhile to use and people will use it! If you're all Cata level and you're filling it with level 20 recipes, you won't get much use out of it.

Basically, you have to do two things at once. In order to make it into something useful, you must convince your guildies that it already IS something useful. It can be difficult as it requires contributions from many sources, but it can be done! Unfortunately, you might have to set off the wave of contributions yourself. But starting it off in efforts to create that "all for one, one for all" attitude might go a long way.
    I just wanted to say that your guild seems pretty awesome. I'd love to have an environment like that, too bad I don't know many people IRL that play WoW.