Thread: New Computer.

New Computer.

Ok so heres the deal I filed my taxes and got my money. Yayyyyyyy. And my hard drive is dying. So I just wanna buy a new computer. But the problem is i only have $620 to spend... Nayyyyyy =( But was wondering, can i get a good computer or build my own now a days that is good enough to run wow with semi full maxed settings, and fraps at the same time?

Thanks
    Tremors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

General rule of thumbs, as quote in another thread, is that if you want high graphics in 2010 (esp. with fraps) it will require about 1000$ (self-built, with no add. fees) including OS, software, etc.

You CAN find something that runs WoW on high with 620$, just don't have too high expectations (dont be like "Aww, no 50 FPS on ultra"). It can be ran, and WELL above 30 fps @ high. For ideas, check out Newegg's desktop lines from the 500-750$ range for ideas of parts.

(Examples)

GPU: ATI Radeon 5770 1GB' (140$)
    CPU: Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.2 GHz (140$)
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB (40$)
    Case: Rosewill Challenger
    HD: Western Digital (WD) Caviar 320GB HDD (50$)

Cheap, good parts that will fit together and won't bottle-neck each other, that can play WoW and most games at high.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2011-02-18 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks kind of figured the hopes would be shot =P
    But i did find this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227274

Is it good for the deal? (yes i know its a lil over but i can work stuff out, hey some people are good on corners ;D)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Quote Originally Posted by tremors View Post
    But i did find this

Is it good for the deal? (yes i know its a lil over but i can work stuff out, hey some people are good on corners ;D)
    The CPU is a little weak, but the graphics card and everything else is OK.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

But i did find this

Won't get much better than this for $620.

You can forget frapsing @ ultra settings tho.

Try and build it your self. As then your gonna get the quality parts for a longer lasting machine. Maybe save a little bit more to get the best pieace of kit.

But i did find this

If you can swing it, that would be a great computer for the price. You can always upgrade the CPU later if you find this this set up isn't giving you what you're looking for. It has the AM3 socket and DDR3 ram, so a Phenom II chip can be dropped right in. It doesn't come with a monitor, so I'm assuming you'll be recycling your old one. If it's 19" or below, this rig will do everything you're asking.

Yes, if you were to build it yourself, it would cost less and you could hand pick the best components. But the people who put these computers together do need to get a paycheck, and this seems like a fair price. ibuypower is an established brand and they won't use complete crap, because system failures are bad for business.
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30

But i did find this

You took the words right out of my mouth, and yea, that's exactly what I'm talking about. If you have spare money, eventually upgrade this to a Phenom II @ 2.8 GHz or more (quad-core, if possible). That's your best bet. As stated before, iBuyPower is a good brand, and I reccomend them.

Deleted
    Anyone noticing stock issues with prebuilt machines using AMD Phenom II's 4 cores on newegg at all. I wonder if this is a sign about AMD's new flagship CPUs. It could be my wishful thinking however. Or perhaps Intel's SATA bug issue benefitting sales of prebuilts using AMD's Phenom II 4 core processor family.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Anyone noticing stock issues with prebuilt machines using AMD Phenom II's 4 cores on newegg at all. I wonder if this is a sign about AMD's new flagship CPUs. It could be my wishful thinking however. Or perhaps Intel's SATA bug issue benefitting sales of prebuilts using AMD's Phenom II 4 core processor family.
    I'm betting that it is because it is a lot more difficult to build an Intel Sandy bridge system nowadays. From what I've heard, Bulldozer won't be released till the third quarter.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    I'm betting that it is because it is a lot more difficult to build an Intel Sandy bridge system nowadays. From what I've heard, Bulldozer won't be released till the third quarter.
    I'd be very interested in the source for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    I'd be very interested in the source for this.
    I believe I heard it somewhere on these forums, don't think there was a link to the source, just rumors for now I guess
    I did a quick search on google and I came across this interesting article:
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis..._II_Chips.html

It's supposed to make its debut in about 10 days, which is when CeBit will take place in Germany. So hopefully, we will find out the release date by that time.