Thread: Spriest Haste?

Spriest Haste?

I do believe that my haste is too high. It is at 21%. I am right around the hit cap so I'm good there. What is the soft cap for haste?

EDIT: My current signature does not reflect my current in-game Haste (1522).
    Last edited by Shakalager; 2011-02-18 at 09:03 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you check out Newnoise's guide, you'll see the exact values of when ticks are added to our dots. The last reasonably attainable (without Dark Intent) is 1256. However, the onger we go in the expansion, the more haste we will potentially get, between better gear and epic gems. I would still guess that the most we'll have this expansion is a bit over 2K...and that's in Heroic Raid Epics with perfect min/maxxing.

Deleted
    There are no haste caps; soft, hard or a semi

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopi...60045ddd849716

Quote Originally Posted by KFrost2008 View Post
    I would still guess that the most we'll have this expansion is a bit over 2K...and that's in Heroic Raid Epics with perfect min/maxxing.
    Abit over 2k? it's got to be higher, right now in ilvl 354 I am sitting at 2381, and I doubt that this will stay this low (18% just from gear) at the end of the expan

EDIT: As the other has said, there is no haste cap, however it is still a good idea to be doing simcraft your self as the PP value of the stats can change abit based on your current gear
    Last edited by Quibble; 2011-02-18 at 10:25 AM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TourettesHeals View Post
    I do believe that my haste is too high. It is at 21%. I am right around the hit cap so I'm good there. What is the soft cap for haste?

EDIT: My current signature does not reflect my current in-game Haste (1522).

i got 26,08 haste or sumthing 2124 rating, and its not so hard to get more haste, get the right gear , good enchants
    and after i seen ur profile, i hope thats only ur disc gear?

I'm still under the impression that GCD cap for haste is what we should aim for, and that's 50% haste

Deleted
    There is no "haste soft cap" at the moment but if you somehow would go under the GlobalCooldown you have way to much, tho I doubt this will happen any time soon :P

Quote Originally Posted by angelz View Post
    i got 26,08 haste or sumthing 2124 rating, and its not so hard to get more haste, get the right gear , good enchants
    Lol yeah I just transferred to a new server and they needed me to raid as Shadow rather than Disc. So right now I'm just in the process of obtaining more gear for Shadow >.<

Haste is misunderstood a lot of the time, most of the so called caps aren't really caps, the only true significant cap is the GCD cap of 50% but event hat is misunderstood a little because it only caps out nukes that have a cast time of 1.5 sec. MF and our DoTs don't cap at 50% and they make up the vast majority of our damage, so while haste would devalue at the GCD cap it wouldn't devalue so much as to be useless... it may however devalue enough to make crit or mastery more desriable.

You are better off not to concern yourself with caps and simply stack as much haste as you can (in a reasonable fashion). Int is still the god stat and thats a stat you never compromise for, the easiest gear strategy is to use the highest iLvl items you can get that have natural haste on them. Gem pure Int, look at using an Int/whatever gem if the socket bonus is going to provide you with the same or higher Int.

I think all the effort going into finding some magic haste, crit and mastery number is probably not worth your time because the stats start behaving very differently based on the amount of movement and buffs you have available in your particular raid/encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Haste is misunderstood a lot of the time, most of the so called caps aren't really caps, the only true significant cap is the GCD cap of 50% but event hat is misunderstood a little because it only caps out nukes that have a cast time of 1.5 sec. MF and our DoTs don't cap at 50% and they make up the vast majority of our damage, so while haste would devalue at the GCD cap it wouldn't devalue so much as to be useless... it may however devalue enough to make crit or mastery more desriable.

You are better off not to concern yourself with caps and simply stack as much haste as you can (in a reasonable fashion). Int is still the god stat and thats a stat you never compromise for, the easiest gear strategy is to use the highest iLvl items you can get that have natural haste on them. Gem pure Int, look at using an Int/whatever gem if the socket bonus is going to provide you with the same or higher Int.

I think all the effort going into finding some magic haste, crit and mastery number is probably not worth your time because the stats start behaving very differently based on the amount of movement and buffs you have available in your particular raid/encounter.
    This is true. Even the GCD cap isn't really a cap. It's just a point where haste PP will start to lose its value, but apparently it would still be an attractive stat. I remember at the end of WOTLK I had 59% haste or whatever 1462 haste rating was at the time. With that haste I was able to do 1.59 sec Mind Flays (with 4pc T10) and DoT ticks were under 2 seconds apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by angelz View Post
    Originally Posted by TourettesHeals View Post
    Lol yeah I just transferred to a new server and they needed me to raid as Shadow rather than Disc. So right now I'm just in the process of obtaining more gear for Shadow >.<

btw atm i even got 2298 rating, but anyways i was trying different setups :

i dare to say stack int--> then haste neglect the rest (anyways if ure hitcapped)

but this is based solely on myself.

i tried with 5%extra mastery (less haste) less dps
    i tried with 5%extra crit (less haste) less dps

but when it comes to crit and mastery , crit is better when single targeted (small differences)
    mastery when on more then 2 mobs

thats from my own experience
    Last edited by PhXn; 2011-02-19 at 12:17 PM. Reason: forgot the post

Deleted
    I am currently rolling at 2415 haste rating which pushes me past 30% unbuffed. Slap on dark intent, bloodlust/heroism and a trinket proc and you are looking at 87% haste

Based on a small number of events I feel that the highest dps I've ever done is by sacrificing hit for even more haste, currently at 15.23% hit and pushed top 111 on twins10 normal with crappy multidotting and 359 ilvl... maybe I should be higher come to think of it.

Simcraft is giving really high values for mastery on some gear sets with lots of mastery already on them but from my understanding you stack haste then crit (love the shadowfiend spam).

/sigh

Here is what you do:
    Get the highest ilvl gear you can. (edit: get your two piece, it is good.)
    Gem Int
    Get socket bonuses if they are worth it (use your head, it's easy to figure out).
    Reforge to haste so every piece you have has haste.
    DPS.

Current theory crafting has crit and mastery marginally above hit, but who knows how your fight will work out. Simcarft is just that: Simulated. It's a guide like everything else.

I am currently rolling about 13% hit in raids. I'm comfortable with that and I do well.
    Last edited by shadowrx; 2011-02-20 at 09:41 AM.
    Shadowrx - Troll Shadow Priest
    Hooper - Tauren Boomkin
    Babaganush - Blood Elf Mage or a kind of eggplant based Hummus
    Drenden

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrx View Post
    /sigh

Here is what you do:
    Get the highest ilvl gear you can. (edit: get your two piece, it is good.)
    Gem Int
    Get socket bonuses if they are worth it (use your head, it's easy to figure out).
    Reforge to haste so every piece you have has haste.
    DPS.

Current theory crafting has crit and mastery marginally above hit, but who knows how your fight will work out. Simcarft is just that: Simulated. It's a guide like everything else.

I am currently rolling about 13% hit in raids. I'm comfortable with that and I do well.
    I would hate running around missing mind blasts and therefor not get the dot buff.
    Simcrafting says, that if you do not aim for hitcap, aim for round 15%, or else it's a dps loss.
    You can't neglect hit that much just because it's our "worse" stat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    I would hate running around missing mind blasts and therefor not get the dot buff.
    Simcrafting says, that if you do not aim for hitcap, aim for round 15%, or else it's a dps loss.
    You can't neglect hit that much just because it's our "worse" stat
    You get Empowered Shadows even if your mind blast miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    You get Empowered Shadows even if your mind blast miss.
    Oh, didn't know that, allways pleyed capped.
    Well, still, if you are going for min/max and do that by not reaching hit cap, be sure to atleast get as much hit as it's actually worth instead of just getting other stuff