Backstab energy bug in heroics?

Has anyone experienced a situation where backstab refuses to work even when behind a mob and with enough energy? It doesn't happen all the time but it's frequent enough to be a noticeable nuisance. I'm behind the mob spamming backstab at < 35% but keep getting "Not enough energy" messages while watching my energy cap and thinking wtf?

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this so that I can rule out me being retarded and/or crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you in range?

Maybe you're getting some major lag spikes also.

Deleted
    That bug happens very often when switching specs. The same thing happens on my rogue with BS as well as mages scorch

Definitely in range because when I notice this happening I'll just start mutilating instead. I need to get a screenshot of this. Could be lag I guess but mutilate works. Definitely not getting "You must be behind" error messages.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Piru View Post
    That bug happens very often when switching specs. The same thing happens on my rogue with BS as well as mages scorch
    I'm not switching specs. Anything else that might cause it? Maybe it's related to the energy bugs recently hotfixed.

yes I have got this as well im sure Blizz will fix this after they have fixed Vanish

and to OP soowoo

umm...soowoo?

Anyone know if blizz are aware of this bug?

I have noticed Backstab simply not going off on Chimaeron. I have error messages disabled so I am not sure what the problem is. I do not change spec often (Subtlety full time), so the supposed spec changing bug doesn't apply to me.

Deleted
    If the problem message complains about positional requirement, it means your client is not communicating with the server properly to update the front end.

happened to me yesterday on chimaeron too i was right behind him and it was refusing to work.