Building a new Desktop

Hey,

I know there are already a dozen threads like this out there, but I hope you guys will still help me out!

My friend, who is a total computer noob, wants to get a new PC.
    He asked me to help him out, but its been quite along time since I build my own so im not up to date anymore.

He wants to make a gaming PC that can run games like SC2, WoW, Black Ops and upcoming games at atleast high, to ultra settings.
    He also wants the capability to use his TV as his monitor, and it should be easily upgradable if he wants to.

His budget is about 800 - 1000 Euro.

I was also looking for a decent Laptop that could do all that, appart from the upgrading, but I couldn't find anything reasonable for that price.

I hope you guys can help me out and many thanks in advance!

Arec

Well 1000 is a naice amount to buy some stuff

CPU: I5 2500k
    Mobo: ASUS P8P67 1155 Pro (SLI/Xfire one)
    PSU: Cosair TX 850
    GPU: MSI GTX560 TI
    Ram: 4GB Ripjaws-Serie DDR 3 1333Mhz (could get 8gb but not needed)
    HDD: 1GB Samsung F3/ WD 1GB black caviar
    DISK: Any blu ray/Dvd will do
    Case : Haf 912-932 or Fractal Design Define R3
    Cpu Cooler : Noctua Nh-D14 (if he wants to oc the core above 4,5Ghz)

Going with a 850 PSU so he can upgrade it with a new 560 if he wants to get sli

For the laptop i doubt there is one for that priceclass to run things at high/ultra. Atleast for shooters where you should aim for 30fps+. If your looking for something get a i5 460M or the new sandy bridge ones 5850+ gpu /GTX 460m+ gpu 4-8GB.

Asus G73SW would be a naice one but that one is about 1500euro's
    Last edited by Aminozuur; 2011-02-18 at 01:34 PM.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Aminozurr has listed a great machine there. I went with the msi p67a gd65 mb instead as i heard some issues at the time with the asus ones.

Laptop out of the question really as you would need to spend 1500 or more. Pc tons better.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming...roductId=43568

Aria is a really nice site,that system as won numerous awards and even has a video review from overclockers.

For the 1k price range you have set id find it hard to beat that system,In the review it passes multiple stress tests and shows how well it was built by showing you the inside of the system

Aria is a English bases company so I dunno how the shipping goes for other countries.
    Last edited by Castia; 2011-02-18 at 02:02 PM.

Hey thanks alot for the replys!

Looking trough you machine Aminozuur I think its really good, but might be a little overkill!

Hes not going to overlock of that I am sure ;p, having the option for Sli/Crossfire is handy, but I don't know if MoBo of
    that sort are more expensive?

Basicly anything that will make him run on ultrasettings with alteast 30+ FPS is good, he doesnt need to run stuff at 120 FPS :P

I'll check in to what you have made Aminozuur, and I would be really great if you could give me some more tips or info
    about stuff thats a bit cheaper but still really good and provides the above!

Thanks alot so far!

Arec

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    Well 1000 is a naice amount to buy some stuff

CPU: I5 2500k
    Mobo: ASUS P8P67 1155 Pro (SLI/Xfire one)
    PSU: Cosair TX 850
    GPU: MSI GTX560 TI
    Ram: 4GB Ripjaws-Serie DDR 3 1333Mhz (could get 8gb but not needed)
    HDD: 1GB Samsung F3/ WD 1GB black caviar
    DISK: Any blu ray/Dvd will do
    Case : Haf 912-932 or Fractal Design Define R3
    Cpu Cooler : Noctua Nh-D14 (if he wants to oc the core above 4,5Ghz)

Going with a 850 PSU so he can upgrade it with a new 560 if he wants to get sli

For the laptop i doubt there is one for that priceclass to run things at high/ultra. Atleast for shooters where you should aim for 30fps+. If your looking for something get a i5 460M or the new sandy bridge ones 5850+ gpu /GTX 460m+ gpu 4-8GB.

Asus G73SW would be a naice one but that one is about 1500euro's
    You can do that with a good 650 watt PSU. An Antect Truepower New 650 would be great for this build as well as a XFX 650 watt unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nejji View Post
    You can do that with a good 650 watt PSU. An Antect Truepower New 650 would be great for this build as well as a XFX 650 watt unit.
    Would that still be enough if he decides to ever go for a Sli or Crossfire?

If he gets a respectable brand of power supply, then a 650-watter should handle SLI no problem in most cases, the exclusions being more hard drives than you can count on one hand plus an overclocked hex-core CPU.
    Super casual.