Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mandala of Stirring patterns

Hi guys,

i used the "search" but i didnt find anything about the "new" mandala. Im really not sure how good this thing is.... currently i use "core" and "tear of blood"

now my question: is the new mandala better than any of the trinkets above?

did anyone do some math about this trinkets, which one gives the most mana? im really not sure if this 19xx int proc is good or bad, and how much mana i gain of it.

best regards and sorry if this was mentioned somewhere before, i just didnt find it.

i use it. i like it. the spellpower and crit gained from it is hot. heals feel very powerful with it. it seems to proc often too.

Im curious about this trinket as well.. Im currently using core and...jar of ancient remedies(i know its fail)

Together with Volcano and mandela (volcano proccs on damage 1600 int, mandela on healing (A/A works wonders like this)) and a engineering tinker on gloves i can procc 4006 int for 10 seconds basically "halving" my mana pool aswell + giving another 2-3k mana on rapture aswell as a TON of more spellpower/crit. a bit worrying tho to see "low mana" 3 seconds into the fight
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maliizz View Post
    Im curious about this trinket as well.. Im currently using core and...jar of ancient remedies(i know its fail)
    why is it fail? im using the same combination and I think it its great...
    is there a better combination?

Its fail because all it gives you is spirit(albeit alot of spirit) but the benefit ends there as opposed to mandala that gives 300 spirit +a decent proc or TOB which yields a significant amount of intel+proc

Deleted
    Mandala is better than Core, not sure about Tear (haven't done math on that). But just replace Core with Mandala and it's an upgrade for sure.

Jar of Ancient Remedies is awesome. Don't know why you'd call that fail, it's BiS trinket for resto.

Personally im considering going back to TOB.. its alot of int and atm shamans are having throughput issues. (mana isnt one for me)

Deleted
    thanks for your answers first of all. but how is it compared to the tear of blood? does it win this fight?

If i traded out core for mandala I would lose a massive amount of throughput.. I dont have enough spellpower as it is. Look at my gear and tell me what you think..Il try anything to increase my performance. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...maliizz/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maliizz View Post
    If i traded out core for mandala I would lose a massive amount of throughput.. I dont have enough spellpower as it is. Look at my gear and tell me what you think..Il try anything to increase my performance. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...maliizz/simple
    Woah, you're an alchemist and aren't using the stone? It's way cooler than CoR since the mana tide change. You can reforge a bit of the haste to spirit, there's a socket to further adjust it to your specific needs, and potions are more effective.

I have the Mandala sitting in my bags, but I haven't used it except for the first Id after the mana tide change, just to check out the proc rate on the buff. The uptime of Pattern of Light (the int proc) was 16%, only taken the bosses/boss attempts into equation. I had thrown away my CoR for it, replacing my Doll with Tsunami in the process as well.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2011-02-18 at 02:34 PM.

the trinket is a good idea.. I had completely forgotten all about it.. You say its better than core?

Deleted
    my main question is: is it better than tear of blood?^^

any idea what is icd on mandala?

Im playing with the alch trinket and it seems pretty decent so far. it puts me at haste cap( 916) and gives an extra 8k mana when i use a conc potion.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    Mandala is better than Core, not sure about Tear (haven't done math on that). But just replace Core with Mandala and it's an upgrade for sure.

Jar of Ancient Remedies is awesome. Don't know why you'd call that fail, it's BiS trinket for resto.
    How is Tear of Blood better than Core? (Assuming you mean Valor points core)

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a link to a blog from Totem Forest discussing trinkets.
    http://totemforest.com/2011/02/15/trinkets-in-4-0-6/

Mandala get's specifically mentioned in the section describing users in the category of
    3. I Want to Buff Mana Tide, not be the Raid’s B*tch

I use it over Tear of Blood in 10 man raids with Tsunami. It lets me keep passive spirit and still use INT consumables from feasts and flasks. The proc, while unreliable and uncontrollable, is dynamic, fun and has a cool graphic effect that looks like arcane power.

There has been talk about the amount of INT the person receiving the Mana Tide buff affecting the amount they regen but I don't understand it very well yet. If that's the case, it might be personally best to drop MT during Mandala proc. (don't want to spread misinformation here if anyone cares to elaborate)

Vixsin also covers trinkets in some of the posts at http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=1955 most recently in post Reflections on 4.06 under heading of Trinket selection, redux.

As far as Mandala vs. ToB 346. I think they are pretty similar in terms of HEP. If you don't like the idea of an uncontrollable throughput proc for healing, you might just like passive, reliable INT of the Tear of Blood.

Side note, both authors don't seem to be big fans of JoAR.
    Last edited by Tronada; 2011-02-18 at 04:14 PM. Reason: caution about possible misleading people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    How is Tear of Blood better than Core? (Assuming you mean Valor points core)
    An on-use trinket will as a default always have a lower return than an chance-on-cast trinket. It's to balance out the unreliability of the proc. On average, we can assume that the proc on ToB will be up roughly 25% of the time (15 seconds every 60 seconds), whilst the Core will only be up 16.67% of the time (20 sec every 120 sec). 25% of 1710 = 427.5 spirit vs 16.67% of 1926 = 321 spirit. The question is then whether you value 106.5 spirit more than 36 intellect. I won't tell you how to gear, but I'm pretty sure which trinket I'd choose.

edit: Added some of my input on JoAR;

Only reason to not be a fan of JoAR is because you're blindly going "I want more throughput!". You have to look at what kind of situations you find yourself in the raids you're in; are you ever in the situation where you go "Well, shit, I sure as hell can't keep up with this damage coming in; I simply don't have the throughput for it"? Because if you don't, then the fact remains that more mana = more output as well. It means we can use more expensive heals more often, and not rely on going cheapskate HW as often. So then you simply have to pick the trinket that you, as a class, scale with the best. For shamans with Tide, this is still intellect; but spirit is a close second and in a situation where you can get twice as much spirit for the cost of the intellect, it's really a no-brainer.

Personally, and this is from a 10m heroic standpoint (which I'm told is more healing intense than 25m), I've only ever encountered the situation where I can't (or am having a hard time) outhealing something a couple of times. All the fights where this has been an issue thus far have since been nerfed, with one exception; Conclave heroic overload on frost island. I've re-forged specifically for that fight to go deeper mastery instead of crit and am confident that with the increase from Purification, keeping people up in that phase won't be an issue (though I predict a nerf to that fight mechanic as well, eventually).
    Last edited by mmoc2ff02584b7; 2011-02-18 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    An on-use trinket will as a default always have a lower return than an chance-on-cast trinket. It's to balance out the unreliability of the proc. On average, we can assume that the proc on ToB will be up roughly 25% of the time (15 seconds every 60 seconds), whilst the Core will only be up 16.67% of the time (20 sec every 120 sec). 25% of 1710 = 427.5 spirit vs 16.67% of 1926 = 321 spirit. The question is then whether you value 106.5 spirit more than 36 intellect. I won't tell you how to gear, but I'm pretty sure which trinket I'd choose.
    It will NOT proc every 60 seconds. The ICD is 60 seconds and it only procs from crits. 30% on crits, with a 60 second ICD is more likely to proc every 70-80 seconds, if not less.

Deleted
    Pretty sure the ICD is 45 seconds as I got procs every 50-60 seconds when I wore it. I used the upper end of that spectrum to be as harsh as possible in the comparison.

Also it procs off hot ticks as well. It'll pretty much instantly proc if you're rolling 2-3 riptides.

edit: I would retest it myself but I think I actually sold it when I got FoM. The ICD on FoM should be the same though I think... I'll keep an eye on it the next raid.
    Last edited by mmoc2ff02584b7; 2011-02-18 at 04:32 PM.