Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    most places that require an id of some sort will take a utility bill of some sort to your home address + a bank statement with your full name on as proof of identity, all this "its illegal to not have a photo ID" is just miss informed kids

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    3 hours 'eh?

OH MY GOD, WE HAVE A TIME-TRAVELLER.
    Dr. Who came in with the save!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamchickey View Post
    sorry, this post is complete bs, when the op first made the post and then about the photo id, out of curiosity i opened a ticket to a gm and asked about photo id being needed. having spent the last 3 hours waiting for the gm to reply, i was told that needing photo id was complete bollocks as they can be faked/ you could use someone else's. op is lying and clearly thinks everyones stupid that they'll all believe him
    Lol, you're wrong. I've been hacked and had to send a photo of my drivers license. Either you're lying, the GM was full of shit, or it's different in EU. This guy is in EU, here we DO need to show photo ID to get our accounts back.

Deleted
    It was my friend messing around, he just told me, now lets stop qq and I can go back to playing WoW

Btw, my mum doesnt have photo ID, and, even If I did have photo ID (which I can get at 16) it would be uselss because it states if you are UNDER the age of 18 (even if you have ID or not) you must provide ID from a parent.

BB

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bradrate View Post
    It was my friend messing around, he just told me, now lets stop qq and I can go back to playing WoW

Btw, my mum doesnt have photo ID, and, even If I did have photo ID (which I can get at 16) it would be uselss because it states if you are UNDER the age of 18 (even if you have ID or not) you must provide ID from a parent.

BB

If this was legit, ome friend. Change your PW.

I still remain skeptical and think this is just you backing out after being called at every turn since your first post. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
    most places that require an id of some sort will take a utility bill of some sort to your home address + a bank statement with your full name on as proof of identity, all this "its illegal to not have a photo ID" is just miss informed kids
    This is very true, in 2004 I lost my DL and had to get a new one. In NJ we have a 6 point verification process to prove we are who we say we are. In that group of documents you can in fact replace your lost PHOTO ID without ever showing another photo ID. I just ran through the checker and these are the 4 required documents that I could use.

* Civil birth certificate (no photo)
    * Social Security card (no photo)
    * Bank statement or record (no photo)
    * Checking or savings account statement from the past 60 days (no photo, this one is for proof of address.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bradrate View Post
    Tried and failed =[
    They wouldn't accept the account key?

My Troll-dar just broke
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Just out of curiousity, why do Blizzard even need a photo ID. Any form of ID should suffice (and if your mum doesnt have a birth certificate something is very wrong). Blizzard have never met your mum, and i very much doubt that they have a photo of her on record to compare it with. This isnt customs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyal View Post
    Just out of curiousity, why do Blizzard even need a photo ID. Any form of ID should suffice (and if your mum doesnt have a birth certificate something is very wrong). Blizzard have never met your mum, and i very much doubt that they have a photo of her on record to compare it with. This isnt customs.
    It's just what they ask for :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyal View Post
    It is a way to prove who you are, and that you are the account owner. The only time they request ID is when parental controls are needed to be removed, or when the account owner is in question. You dont have to understand it, or even like it, just know its for the protection of your account.

Deleted
    just wondering does birth certificate not count as ID? im sure she has one of those :>

Just to get the information straight, parental controls work like this:
    When you add them to account, you set a specific password that has to be used to remove the controls. This is not linked to your normal login/password since the entire point is that the minor should not be able to remove them. If you forget the password to remove the controls, they somehow need to verify that it is indeed the guardian that wants to remove them and not the minor. If they would just remove the controls after a phone call from the minor it would be kind of pointless. If you have indeed forgotten the password for the parental controls (or gotten hacked) they need the guardian to verify his identity by sending in a scan of a photo ID. For most normal people it could possibly be enough that your mother calls them and explains the situation. If she makes a trustworthy appearance etc they might bend the rules. However, given that your mother has no photo ID it is probably safe to assume she has an IQ below 80 and is an alcoholic. This would make it difficult for her to convince the Blizzard people to unlock it without a photo ID.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hutchzilla View Post
    Well you should have stipulated that in your original post - something along the lines of - 'Please do not answer this post if your not Jesus' or 'Im only here to ask Jesus if he can get my mum to remove the Parental Controls"
    Win!

Thank you good sir, you have most definitely made my day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    I find the no photo ID impossible to beleive, as it's illegal in the UK, just as in the US, to not have a photo ID of some type on you at all times. Driving or not, she still has to have a photo ID or she couldn't function in the world. And the fact that nothing but PC was done to your account tells us, there is NO WAY it was a hacker. Either you mom did this and is lying about not having ID so you can't remove it and you just fell for it, or a "friend" did just for the hell of it. Either way, your out of luck till you're 18 and can use your ID on the account.
    Haha, what are you smoking? I'm 30 and live in the UK and have no photo ID. My driving license is a paper one and I have no passport. I've never had any problems functioning in the world.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hutchzilla View Post
    Very off topic but someone might find it useful

AND HERE direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeople/Workandcareers/Yourrightsandresponsibilitiesatwork/DG_174530
    When I was 16 I got a job working night shift security. They brought out a waiver on my first day that basically nuked all those regulations. I ended up working six 12 hour shifts a week (3 day, 3 night) for two months (that was as long as I could hack it for). The only reason I stayed so long was because the money was so good (£550 a week, a lot better than the £12 a week I'd been getting for my paper round).

I'm pretty sure it was probably illegal for them to do that (I never really looked into it), but I still did it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since this issue was resolved, there is no need for it to remain open.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines