Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Being a console elitist is a bit contradictory don't you think? If consoles are better for casual gaming, being a elitist on a casual console is a contradiction lol.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Being a console elitist is a bit contradictory don't you think? If consoles are better for casual gaming, being a elitist on a casual console is a contradiction lol.
    It is a bit of a contradiction. However, I believe that they are elitist in the way that they believe, that Console gaming is the future and end of gaming, that nothing is better suited for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    Consoles are fine, people who cannot afford them usually make comments like that.
    PC's that play console games at equal graphic levels cost more...

But I agree with the rest of what you said. Consoles are great, BUT the limitations suck. Such as custom content for games like ES:O, or DA:O. But Diablo 3 on console is a no no. Not enough comfortable bindings available for combat. Maybe if they released a joystick with a easy tap R & L trigger/bumper option (where you'd tap it with your thumb to do modifiers), but not with a game paddle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    PC's that play console games at equal graphic levels cost more...

But I agree with the rest of what you said. Consoles are great, BUT the limitations suck. Such as custom content for games like ES:O, or DA:O. But Diablo 3 on console is a no no. Not enough comfortable bindings available for combat. Maybe if they released a joystick with a easy tap R & L trigger/bumper option (where you'd tap it with your thumb to do modifiers), but not with a game paddle.
    Sacred 2 was released on console and was a diablo clone. While the games world, setting and everything else was pretty buggy and not amazing, the actual controls were pretty good, using the bumper option to bring up a wheel.

I have no doubt Diablo 3 could come out on a console but it would be inferior to the PC version ofc.

In regards to PC vs console overall, PC with joypad is capable of playing most games reasonably well, where as there are some PC games that use a lot of keys etc that consoles will struggle with. Still, you can play GTAIV on your xbox or your pc, so all in all it's pretty much equal.

Deleted
    Consoles are fine, people who cannot afford them usually make comments like that.
    Tons of titles originating on consoles have shaped the way gaming is today. Gaming started on consoles.
    Take your head out of your behind you ignorant fool.
    I have almost every console released in the past 10 years and I'll take my PC over all of them combined any day. Everyone can afford consoles, it's a good PC that most people can't afford. And yes consoles have shaped gaming, that doesn't mean they've always shaped it in a good way. There are very very very few games I'd rather play on a console than a PC.

That said, Diablo has a simple enough control scheme that it won't need to be dumbed down for consoles and Blizzard is not the type of developer who would cut their dev time on the PC version in order to spend time porting it. So if they wanna make money off of PS and Xbox casuals who want to play with their Kinects etc. then fine by me, I'll be playing Diablo 3 on a mouse and keyboard. Just please release cross-platform multiplayer so I can get some free wins.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/17/no-m...le-diablo-iii/

As the article reads, it says that Blizzard is hiring for a Console Game developer for the Diablo 3 product, and has dropped hints that they would like to bring Diablo 3 to the console market.

I'd like to see who would like it for consoles and who would not.

I would personally wish it would stick to the PC, as all the time spent trying to optimize a console version should instead be spent on making D3 better and getting rid of that horrible cartoon artstyle.
    Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't diablo 1 out on the playstation?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for it on my PS3, provided quality were not compromised.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tons of titles originating on consoles have shaped the way gaming is today. Gaming started on consoles.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 02:41 PM ----------

You should look up the definition of ignorant before spouting it around. An opinion is an opinion, you have yours, we have ours. Go take a nap or something.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Ouch, D3 to consoles? Oy, that does bring worry.

Now don't get me wrong. I love my consoles. Through my video game addiction, I have owned just about every single one of them (well, save for most of the sega line. (GoGo Sega Basic System! Past that though, I didn't go back to that company)

But, as been stated I am sure, in this thread several times over, integrating a game to work for both PC and console is a dangerous proposition. And Blizzard has had a fairly poor track record when it comes to console design. (Starcraft Ghost anyone? Played it at E3 a number of years back and as cool as the game looked, the way they designed it for the console is my safe bet as to why the game got scrapped in the long run)

At the very least, we can relax on the fact that it wont suffer from the main major issue most PC/console shared games suffer from. That is the game getting ported from the console to the PC. In this case the game typically gets destroyed and is worthless on the PC. That being said, my guess is that this is going to be more of a port from the PC > console. I'm not sure how this will effect it in the end, but possibly better results?

This all being said, FFVII was successfully ported the PC and worked great back in the day when it first came out. And FFXI plays on both XBOX/PS consoles as well as PC, even on the same servers. I have a friend that actually would switch back and forth on what he played his character on simply cause sometimes playing on the 62" was more fun. (Don't bring up the crapiness of FFXI. It has its fan base and weather the game plays well or not, I can confirm that it plays just as well as the computer version on the 360.)

That all being said. If Blizzard is doing this as a last minute decision, or follows the trend of their last console games, I think everyone has very good reason to be worried.

All I know is that I want the same feeling that I got the very first time I played D1, and then again in D2. I love the series, probably more then any other Blizzard line. If this decision to go to consoles with it ruins it, I will be so very disappointed with Blizzard. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Cel; 2011-02-20 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    A good console setup costs more than a good gaming PC.
    you are so full of shit,I smell you through my monitor....my 2 graphics cards cost more than all 3 console prices combined

Take your head out of your behind you ignorant fool.[COLOR="red"]
    You've got the argument backwards, most console fanboys don't like PC gaming because they can't afford it.

Consoles do suck, I have a PS3 and my comp's video card alone cost more than it.

Why is this turning into a console vs pc thread? No one gives two shits which you prefer to play on because frankly both have amazing games. Stop being elitist on both sides it's dumb.

Blizzard quite specifically said they're making a PC game and are only obscurely considering a console version.

I think the game can definitely work on consoles, but would need serious considerations of particularly the interface. And the loot among things.
    Even compared to Mass Effect, I think Diablo is gonna be a shitstorm of items everywhere, so you'll extremely often run to the vendors to sell it off. That's gonna be a frustrating experience for consoles users who'll have to put up with lists instead of grids... /shudder It already is in ME games for sure...

Gameplay-wise Diablo 3 can stay mostly as it is if it's ported to consoles. The Diablo games are mostly two-dimensional and directional. That is to say you're never aiming up or down. And you're never picking a spot to run to. You just push down a direction and you keep running. And smack buttons to attack whatever direction you're already facing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what any console lover may say or think,remember this....Consoles,as well as their games are designed on PC's and in some horrible instances,a Mac