Deleted

Question Fishing for volatile water/fire

Date 18 Feb 2011

Have blizz reduced the catch rate on 'fishing for volatiles from open waters'?

Today I fished in Uldum for 45mins without a single volatile water catch.
    And last night I fished in open lava in Hyjal for 30mins and got 1 fire (because it was from a fire node).

My fishing skill is 500 without buffs.

Last week I fished in these places and got about 10 in 20mins..

I've always had extremely low volatile rates from open lava. Water was always reasonably abundant though, x2 or x3 every 10 or so casts. I usually fish in TH if that makes a difference.

I've camped infront of the Raiding Instance in MH and usually the fire pools pop every 2-5 mins. I've gotten over 50 fires in less than a hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikioz View Post
    Date 18 Feb 2011

Have blizz reduced the catch rate on 'fishing for volatiles from open waters'?

Today I fished in Uldum for 45mins without a single volatile water catch.
    And last night I fished in open lava in Hyjal for 30mins and got 1 fire (because it was from a fire node).

My fishing skill is 500 without buffs.

Last week I fished in these places and got about 10 in 20mins..
    If you were in Hyjal for 30 minutes why didn't you just fish in the multiple fire nodes that would have spawned in that time?

I wouldn't be suprised though if Blizzard did lower the catch rate in open "waters", the fishing bots do seem to be on an increase.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use lava pools for volatile fires. And volatile waters come alot easier from the elementals in twilight highlands. Not easy, but much easier(faster) than fishing.