Spell Pen as a healer

I was one click away from buying the Spell Pen cloak with the last of my conquests because I have seen many people saying it's the easiest way to hit the cap.

But as a healer (Disc PvP) do I need any Spell Pen

In 3v3 with a Fury Warrior and Resto Druid, they usually leave the warrior alone while my and the druid keep each other up and dispel. So would the spell pen be of any use?

Armoury link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A1ra/simple

Missing your fear/shackle/mind control can spell defeat. Minimal stat loss for ensuring that your spells do what you want them to and when you want them to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    I was one click away from buying the Spell Pen cloak with the last of my conquests because I have seen many people saying it's the easiest way to hit the cap.

But as a healer (Disc PvP) do I need any Spell Pen

In 3v3 with a Fury Warrior and Resto Druid, they usually leave the warrior alone while my and the druid keep each other up and dispel. So would the spell pen be of any use?

Armoury link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A1ra/simple
    Psychic scream can be resisted. All your shadow spells can be resisted. Considering if you get offensive, mindspike and mindblast is better than smite, get spellpen.

10+ Year Old Account
    spell penetration no longer affect your chance to hit with spells. it reduces resistances, which reduces spell damage taken. so unless you are making dmg as a healer in your setup, spell pen is useless

Quote Originally Posted by seru View Post
    spell penetration no longer affect your chance to hit with spells. it reduces resistances, which reduces spell damage taken. so unless you are making dmg as a healer in your setup, spell pen is useless
    I keep seeing people post this but I haven't actually found any official info on it, anybody got any links ?

Deleted
    Don't listen to this guy, spells can still get resisted.

All I know is if there was a DK and a Paly beating on me, I know I would want my fear to not be resisted. I resist DKs deathgrip all the time, it is great. Get your 220 ish SpPen rating and call it a day

Spell pen never ever increased your chance to hit with spells. You are the victim of blizzard using the same name (resist) to mean 2 different things. Resist can mean miss but it can also mean full resist. Spell pen has always reduced the opponents nominal resistance to spells. If they have more than 0 resistance against a school of magic there is some percentage chance for the spell to be fully resisted. There is also chances for the spell damage to be resisted by a flat amount and the amount of damage resisted changes depending on the amount of resistance to that school but I digress.

Don't confuse a spell miss resist with a full resist, spell pen does now what it always does and it never affected your chance to hit (or miss) with spells.