Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    haha stupid dps. if a tank isn't setting the pace who is? the healer? that idiot dps that pulls and dies every 2nd pull coz he just goes crayz blasting everything then spams rezrezrez in chat?

lol. the amount of fail in this thread is phenominal. a tank doesn't NEED to set the pace, but he is teh BEST role in the dungeon to do so. STOP FIGHTING for the er... honor/status/epeengrowing role of setting teh pace.

if the tank is too slow, ask him to hurry up, if he ignores you and makes your run go slow because he's not doing his job: kick him.

any other role can't set the pace like a tank can. pretending otherwise is epic failure of the worst kind.

Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    Wow, you have attacked and/or belittled everyone who has replied to you. I have read a lot of level-headed posts in this thread; they are almost invariably followed by a very rude retort from you that insults the poster's intelligence, upbringing, or candor.

What is your problem? Seriously, take a break and leave this thread for a while, or completely. You're not adding anything anymore, and you're clearly not listening to anyone else's thoughts. All this is doing is making you angry. Just stop.
    Wow Thank You..You are a prime example of what this thread was based on..Grouping with angry, Insecure ppl with nothing but critisism and anamosity to bring..Your Kind of Negative attitude is what brings everyone down. Please stop

Quote Originally Posted by Katfish View Post
    I wish this was true but it hasn't been the case in any of the pug heroics I've tanked. Everyone in group has always left it up to me to mark the mobs and to say who is CCing which target. I've had groups where the dps didn't want to CC anything and did the pulling but that normally didn't work out very good. Honestly I wish I didn't have to lead the group. Sorry but I'm not going to type all the CC crap out and teach all the new ppl the fights. So...I don't use LFG because I'm to lazy to lead every heroic. But yes, someone does have to lead it. Just letting 5 ppl run loose doing whatever they want doesn't work.
    I think the last two sentences are the most important response to what a lot of people have written about in this thread. Put aside the question of whether the tank is the most important. There are 5 strangers randomly put together and told to work together as a team. No one knows anyone else. There needs to be a leader. You can say that "I'm an awesome hunter that knows all the trash pulls and all the boss fights, I will tell the other 4 people what to do." But none of the other 4 people want to take your word for it. And maybe the other DPSers also have the same self-confidence.

In a situation where there are 5 strangers pushed together, a commonly-accepted convention (tank leads) prevents multiple people all insisting that they know best and everyone should follow their plan. I don't know the other people; they don't know me. Just let the tank lead, since none of us know which among us is "best".

Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    I think the last two sentences are the most important response to what a lot of people have written about in this thread. Put aside the question of whether the tank is the most important. There are 5 strangers randomly put together and told to work together as a team. No one knows anyone else. There needs to be a leader. You can say that "I'm an awesome hunter that knows all the trash pulls and all the boss fights, I will tell the other 4 people what to do." But none of the other 4 people want to take your word for it. And maybe the other DPSers also have the same self-confidence.

In a situation where there are 5 strangers pushed together, a commonly-accepted convention (tank leads) prevents multiple people all insisting that they know best and everyone should follow their plan. I don't know the other people; they don't know me. .
    "Just let the tank lead, since none of us know which among us is "best" I agree 100%..Not exactlly sure why this turned into and arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by winterfox72 View Post
    Wow Thank You..You are a prime example of what this thread was based on..Grouping with angry, Insecure ppl with nothing but critisism and anamosity to bring..Your Kind of Negative attitude is what brings everyone down. Please stop
    HAHAHAHA You did EXACTLY what he just said you did... Rude retort, insults everything! thats just funny!

how is it hard to understand that you are in a group of more then one person? you are not some all powerfull god who will smight everything and anyone who gets in your way doing 5mans is a team effort so you cnat just say im leader because my epeen says so

hells...i usualy lead some tanks in lfd simply because thye havnt done it b4 but im not a jackass about it ivv played every role so i know the point of veiw for everyone during an encounter you should be paitent with your fellow group members and help them where you can, not be im tnak this is how i want this done or ill kick you instead this is the fight and this is the easiest way of getting it done
    i hate getting tanks who think they are the greatest thing since the wheel that is prolly the reason half the people who dps are posting things here because they have suffered similer experiences with those types of tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    You're the tank. You are in charge of threat. nothing more. not the pace of the group. Not marking mobs. you're job is to pick up what the 3 DPS didn't CC and tank them.

Tanks are not in charge of the run. This is a myth brought about by the fucking LFD tool and people need to realize this.
    Yeah sorry, this is a typical "Wrath" style of thinking. Depending on the group, sure you can not CC if you're in a guild group and geared. If you're in a PUG when you have no idea what people's skill level are and they probably don't have good gear, it's easier to be safe than sorry (and CC groups). Only time a ready check is necessary is before a boss pull imo. Not saying that I'm going to bow down to a tank, but the healer and tank set the tone and speed for the dungeon. As a healer, I've definitely told my share of tanks that they can speed up the pulls (but I also have good gear). That or the tanks look at my mana pool, see my gear, and after the first two pulls adjust accordingly.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    The Tank and Healer sets the pace for the run. If the tank is not ready on his side, or does not feel comfortable pulling more adds, you need to wait. Ignoring this causes more wipes than you know, which in turn costs more time than letting the tank get a breath every so often. Not every tank is great, and yes a great tank can make a run go smooth, but you dont start out great.

Most times the tank will see something DPS will miss, while the DPS is just focusing on their DPS meter.
    Hah this is so true, even in low level instances. Linking recount in between every darn pull :P
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!