Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A neat trick in Bastion of Twilight trash

Hello all, just wanted to post a trick that has saved my guild some grief on the gauntlet after halfus. My guild isn't the best at multitasking, so the fire elemental were wrecking havoc and knocking people into mama. In response I started running up when a fire elemental spawned, dropped a demonic portal, ran straight into the fire elemental and upon being launched just ported back down and continued attacking. Nothing special but could make life easier for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or have a Hunter drop a trap and despawn all of the trash, worked for us.

Deleted
    pretty much what we do, although as a mage, i blink myself back to the floor.
    i guess it helps makes things a tiny bit faster

well its not always you can get through with the trash after halfus,.. lot of times it would glitch and you have to re-do the raiding grp or reset the raid and restart the gauntlet.

Whast hard is it to clear the gaunlet??? hardly a knock back by the fire elemental??poof comeon guys ,.. if u cant get through with these mechanics u dont have a chance to kill elemental bosses(3rd in BOT).
    If you had actually watch the gauntlet there is a shadow elemental and a fire elemental,.. and the elementals do not die or blow up until someone hit them. so ask ur raid not to kill the shadow elemental and to kill it once u get a fire elemental in melee range. Shadow elemental will put a debuff on all making them impossible to move (unless abilities like hands of freedom are used to get through with it). once u get that debuff kill the fire elemental. This will negate the knock back effect.

At last if you are so impatience to wait for the fire and shadow ask ur raid to always face the stairs up or down so even if the explotion happens they can still be on the stairs and not land on lava, unless landing on lava and costing guild money to repair is ammusing for few of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fej View Post
    Hello all, just wanted to post a trick that has saved my guild some grief on the gauntlet after halfus. My guild isn't the best at multitasking, so the fire elemental were wrecking havoc and knocking people into mama. In response I started running up when a fire elemental spawned, dropped a demonic portal, ran straight into the fire elemental and upon being launched just ported back down and continued attacking. Nothing special but could make life easier for some.
    You mean no one in your raid is capable of paying attention to two things at once? How are you going to kill Valiona and Theralion then?

We just put the offtank on elemental duty. That way he isn't sitting on his thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    You mean no one in your raid is capable of paying attention to two things at once? How are you going to kill Valiona and Theralion then?
    We've downed twin drakes already, up to nef in bwd, and the conclave if wind. My guilds raid just has people that can tunnel vision until they die a few times :s. Like I said nothing special, just something to make some lives easier perhaps

The way we do it is to have the main tank pull the trash back a few yards to open a gap between the killzone and the next pull. This is where the off tank stands exactly in the center of the stair case. Once the elemental gets into range he needs to taunt, because the fire one can sometimes pass him, and instead of blasting him back up the stairs for minor fall damage the off tank will be blasted forward... pulling the whole mess.

Being the OT on my main, its really a boreing job but I'm the only one ever in contact with the elementals that way.

You're not aoe'ing that trash?

We have a lock do the same thing. But not much of a prob in that raid anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could face your back to the stairs from where you came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Or have a Hunter drop a trap and despawn all of the trash, worked for us.
    forcing a despawn in that manner sounds an aweful lot like exploiting a glitch to me... just saying lol

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Or you could face your back to the stairs from where you came in.
    Seriously this. It's fun to blow people off the edge by just nuking the elemental when it's near the raid and pulling aggro so it goes past them but when they start whining you point out if they don't want to die then just go walk up to the thing and melee it with their back to the stairs. Then you go do it for the remaining fire elementals because it's fun too. Our MT complaining about people pulling aggro on the fire elemental and getting people killed is just priceless when you don't even have to do anything to remove it and get knocked up the stairs instead of watching a bomb walk past you then explode, knocking you off the side, but every week without fail it happens.

Nothing elaborate about it, if you don't want to get knocked off an edge, don't be between the source of propulsion and the edge, same as any knockback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fharris3 View Post
    forcing a despawn in that manner sounds an aweful lot like exploiting a glitch to me... just saying lol
    That and a waste of a chance for epics to drop. Or is there no loot? I've only done it once so far, could be mistaken.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I just deathgrip them behind the raid and knock everyone into the lava ;o

Sort of offtopic, but on the topic of avoiding trash, if your group wipes on halfus and all the trash before him has respawned, a feral druid can actually stealth through all of it, and get back to halfus and resurrect the raid.

Just have one person... anyone... run ahead a bit and take it in the face instead of in angle... "like a boss".

Deleted
    Or you can just all stand in a straight line in the center vis a vis elemental and nobody will get kicked off the 'bridge' while ranged kill it instantly :P

CC it and kill it… root spam ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Cvarto View Post
    CC it and kill it… root spam ftw
    Just run straight at it. It will knock you back up the stairs and you only go about 3 feet.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.