Deleted

Buying a new computer.

Hello there I have been looking for a computer for quiet some time. And I just found an Acer one. I usually just play WoW but I would like to be able to player other games.

It has:

Intel Core i5-650 processor 3,2 GHz
    6 GB DDR3 ram
    1000 GB Sata harddisk 7200 rpm.
    ATI Radeon HD5850 graphic 1 gb GDDR5
    WLAN 802. 11/g/n, LAN 10/100/1000
    Cardreader, HDMI, DVI, VGA
    HD Audio

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The price is 1370 USD. Is this good or what for a casual gamer?

- Pluto

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 04:58 PM ----------

Btw its an Acer Aspire M5910

Is that just for the tower? $1370 can get you a much better computer than that, I'm sure. The i5-650 is a dual core processor with Hyperthreading; I'm reasonably sure even a low-end Phenom II X3 can outrun that with ease.

Have you given any thought to building your own computer, or do you just prefer to buy pre-built?
    Super casual.

Deleted
    You got almost $1400 and you choose an Acer? I personally see Acer more as a budget-brand.

Is building it yourself a possiblity for you? It's the best price-wise, but it might not be a good idea if you're not comfortable with it.

Otherwise I would take a look at the iBUYPOWER computers

Do yourself a big favor and build a computer or have someone build you a computer. Even if you pay a guy $100 to build a pc for you it will be far cheaper and far better than what you listed.

There are millions of people who know how to build and would do it for you, just look around!

Building a computer yourself is VERY easy. There are several guides online that take you through the process step by step. The most important part is to ensure that the parts you select are all compatible with each other, e.g. the Motherboard supports the CPU and RAM you want to use. Sites like Newegg make finding the information you need very easy. The computer I am using right now is the first one I built, and I will probably never buy a pre-made computer ever again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ship the computer to me and I'll build it! That way I can take pictures as I go to make a guide...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Crappy PC with a dual core CPU that is ridiculously overpriced for the hardware it contains.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely