Seeking P67 Chipset/Socket 1155 updates

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I was just curious if anyone had any good reading material regarding the re-release of the P67 chipset for Sandy Bridge core processors. I see that Newegg has put the processors back out for sale but not the boards. Anyone have any good articles regarding this?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I have several, but most of them are in Swedish and would hardly help you.
    I would expect the first batches going to OEM-crafters, and those were due to start on Feb 14th. So within two weeks, I expect them to start being availible - but at very small supplies in regard of the demand - to the masses.

Grrrr. I intend to swap out my Asus M4A78T-E/AMD Phenom II 970 combo for the Asus P67/Intel 2600k combo and really just want to know how long I'll be waiting to do so. Reading all of the posts on Overclock.net about how everyone and their grandmother can pull off a 4.8GHz-5.1GHz overclock on these chips is driving me crazy because I can't get my hands on them right now.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Grrrr. I intend to swap out my Asus M4A78T-E/AMD Phenom II 970 combo for the Asus P67/Intel 2600k combo and really just want to know how long I'll be waiting to do so. Reading all of the posts on Overclock.net about how everyone and their grandmother can pull off a 4.8GHz-5.1GHz overclock on these chips is driving me crazy because I can't get my hands on them right now.
    I'm in the same boat. This tax refund money is burning a hole in my pocket...

Why 2600K and not i5-2500K btw?
    Are you intending to do some media-work now, or in the future?
    For pure gaming, i5-2500K will perform better.

Deleted
    the 4.8-5.1GHz overclocks can be done with about any sandy bridge chip, but if you look closer the majority of them use realy high voltages. mine is running stable at 4.5 with 1.26 vcore, with a vid of 1.18. i could get it stable at 4.8+ but the increase in needed vcore is not realy worth it to me. yes, 1.4 or even 1.5 is still in intels "vid range", but you allways have to look at the offset towards the default vid of your specific cpu. 1.4v on a cpu with 1.1v vid might be stable, but will decrease the lifetime of that cpu a lot more than 1.4v on a cpu with 1.3v vid. from what i have seen 4.2-4.5 GHz is a much more realistic value for "safe" 24/7 settings.
    anyway, the performance is still pretty awesome at "just" 4.5GHz and with the current prices you get a lot more performance for your money than with any first-gen i5/i7 system

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Why 2600K and not i5-2500K btw?
    Are you intending to do some media-work now, or in the future?
    For pure gaming, i5-2500K will perform better.
    How do you figure? From what I understand, both are built with the same architecture. The only real difference is the slight increase in speed. As far as my usage is concerned, I mostly just play WoW, record WoW, and render WoW videos on this machine. Its a bit overboard, but I like to do things as fast as possible.

Prior to my current Phenom II X4 970 I was using a Phenom II X3 720. I am barely OC'ing my current 970 (stock:3.5, current:3.8) and did the same with the 720 (stock:2.8, normal:3.1). Its more of an addiction to blazing fast. Hence the new SSD I just picked up (OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!) The 720 chip would render an average video in ~25 minutes. The 970 could do the same video in ~17 minutes. As I understand it, Intel chips tend to perform tasks like these faster than the comparable AMD chip. Because I like the speed and am impatient, that's why I was looking at the 2600K.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainni View Post
    the 4.8-5.1GHz overclocks can be done with about any sandy bridge chip, but if you look closer the majority of them use realy high voltages. mine is running stable at 4.5 with 1.26 vcore, with a vid of 1.18. i could get it stable at 4.8+ but the increase in needed vcore is not realy worth it to me. yes, 1.4 or even 1.5 is still in intels "vid range", but you allways have to look at the offset towards the default vid of your specific cpu. 1.4v on a cpu with 1.1v vid might be stable, but will decrease the lifetime of that cpu a lot more than 1.4v on a cpu with 1.3v vid. from what i have seen 4.2-4.5 GHz is a much more realistic value for "safe" 24/7 settings.
    anyway, the performance is still pretty awesome at "just" 4.5GHz and with the current prices you get a lot more performance for your money than with any first-gen i5/i7 system
    Its very unlikely that I would OC it all the way to 5GHz. Its just nice to have the potential to. I'm running a Corsair H50 cooler currently in my machine and it should be able to handle a reasonable OC ( like the one you did) rather easily. However, if I get a wild hair and decide to do another loop, I want to get my money's worth and push that guy as far as I can, regardless of wear and tear.

Really SOON !! LOL

Seriously ive heard they already re-released the chipset ... so you should see new mobo for retail in 2 week (3max) <-IMO

www.anandtech.com

Has lots of articles on the recall and current status.

The biggest retailers should be receiving them as we speak, but global coverage is said to take untill the end of March/April

How do you figure? From what I understand, both are built with the same architecture. The only real difference is the slight increase in speed. As far as my usage is concerned, I mostly just play WoW, record WoW, and render WoW videos on this machine. Its a bit overboard, but I like to do things as fast as possible.
    Yea. It's faster at stock-speed. Both can be overclocked as far :P
    Yet you're paying a lot of money for the Hyper-threading-function from the i7-version. Hyper-threading has shown to decrease performance in games more often than it does improve it.

But seeing as you DO do some media-work.. The i7 might be justified.
    &nbsp;