Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=95707

just started leveling my shamans engineering but then i noticed this? the say it got added at 4.0.6?

also wowhead comment tells the do triple dmg on out of combat targets
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Engineering is fine. nuff said. someone needs to close these irrelevant QQ threads its a waste of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Being able to add cogwheel sockets to regular gear would make engineering unimaginably overpowered. I do agree on the need for new helms in each tier, however.

Remember that the cogwheels are designed to replace the missing stats that engineering helms have, so that you can make a custom-made helm with the stats you want on it, they are not meant to be extra stats that you wouldn't get otherwise.
    Assuming that they do things for other professions in creating new items I'd hope they don't leave engineering behind. I'd settle for an upgrade that uses the old helm as materials.

However the cogwheel sockets make this difficult. Because the cogwheels are tuned for the secondary stats at the 359 tier level, if you made a 372 or 385 tier goggles still with only two cogwheel sockets they'd be underpowered.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    It's not BiS for Holy Paladins, the one from the Elemental Dudes in BoT is better. I can imagine it being worse than the Tier helm for a lot of classes that uses the 4 set bonus. Although, the helm requires you to kill Nefarian and actually get the head, so I guess it will last quite a will, though.
    You sure about that?

It's awfully damn close. I turned down the first helm that dropped from because our other pally healer was wearing a blue.

Specialized Bio Optic Killshades

I assume you'll put a +208 Spirit and a +208 haste cogwheel in there.

So the helm has 301 Intellect, 208 Spirit, 208 haste + Meta Gem

Glaciated Helm - drops from ascendant council.

it has 281 Intellect, 218 Spirit and 178 Haste + A yellow socket + 30 Spirit socket bonus.

Assuming as a holy paladin you stick a Quick Amberjewel in the socket, you'll gain +40 haste and +30 spirit.

So the Drop helm has

281 Intellect, 248 Spirit, 218 Haste + meta

So from engineering helm to drop helm the stat change is

- 20 Intellect
    + 30 Spirit
    + 10 haste

Intellect is still the prime stat for holy pallies, so I consider that a wash. Maybe a tiny upgrade, but really a sidegrade.

If you got for a non prime gem, it'd probably be a reckless ember topaz +20 int + 20 haste.

Then the state change you'd get would be

0 intellect
    + 30 spirit
    - 10 haste

maybe a little closer, but not much difference.
    Last edited by Barreveler; 2011-02-18 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreveler View Post
    However the cogwheel sockets make this difficult. Because the cogwheels are tuned for the secondary stats at the 359 tier level, if you made a 372 or 385 tier goggles still with only two cogwheel sockets they'd be underpowered.
    Perhaps, but that's assuming that that they want you to re-use the current cogwheels, which isn't necessarily the case. They are, after all, a blue item currently, so its possible for the next tier we might see epic cogwheels with T12 appropriate stats. Either way, I'm hoping they do continue to allow engineers to have some sort of customizable crafted item with each new tier but only time will tell.

Engineering goggles at TBC release could actually be made before level 62. Yes, primal nethers were BoP, but there were no level requirements to enter heroics and there were no level requirements on the goggles. Had a guildy who leveled a mage alt and farmed up Cenarion rep so he could get his heroic key, had us run him through heroic slave pens, and got his goggles made somewhere around 61 or 62.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

Engineering is fine. Synapse Springs are sweet, and the helm isn't annoying to make at all as long as you're capable of doing a few heroics. If you are incapable of doing a few heroics, then I think there's a bigger problem here than the profession.

Synapse Springs + Jeeves + Helicopter + MOLL-E = never getting rid of this profession. The helm is just a bonus while I wait for a tier token.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if the Electrostatic Condenser also worked with cata dig sites or fishing nodes, something that everyone could make use out of.

i dropped it when i made that dumb Loot-a-rang, picked up JC, Engi has lost both its fun and what ever little money making it had.