Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why can't tank's loot?

In a few of my dungeons ive had dps and healer winge about me looting the mobs and not pulling when they themselves are allowed to loot??

Is there some unwritten law that states tanks are not allowed to loot corpses in dungeons??

Just curios if any other tankies have had people like this.

just loot, if they want to wait 10+ mins for a new tank instead of 5 seconds for you to loot, thats on them.

Nope. They were impatient players. Ignore them and get that money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore them, generally these people seem like they're in a rush to get through the heroic as fast as possible, not that taking the 2-3 seconds it takes to loot makes a difference.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use auto loot, takes less than a second to loot on your turn

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

They were just being impatient. No reason not to loot mobs.

As has been said by others, they were just being impatient and selfish. Loot your mobs, it's not like the few seconds between each pull will kill them.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I know it can be annoying to wait for a tank to go, just take the 5 seconds to loot. You have larger repairs than most others, and there is actually quite some gold to get from looting mobs.

Deleted
    Me personally would say I would rather waiting for a new tank than have a tank which has to stop and loot after every single pull. Actually it bothers me.

Deleted
    Just annoying especially as ive actually been kicked for looting while they were still looting O.o sometimes LFD can dump you with real rtards

When I'm tanking, I tend to forget to loot... I'm just worried about marking and pulling the next pack of mobs. Maybe they're just used to a tank like me lol? Either way, it sounds like they were just really impatient.

It really depends on what your definition of 'stopping to loot' is - I've seen people take up to a minute to loot maybe a single mob or two, while I know that I have auto loot on and just click > loot > move on in a few seconds. I think it should only be a problem if after you clear a pack of mobs you get to the next pack and the tank is still looting and no where nearby....
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

I am looting every mob when I am tanking and I noticed many people not looting at all, but as soon as a roll window pops up they select greed/need.

If people cant be arsed to loot mobs they shouldnt greed/need on stuff aswell

When I'm tanking I just mouse over everything fast and look for the bag. It seriously takes 2 seconds. Sometimes I even loot while the last mob is up if it's right next to me. I have 190k hp who cares if it crits me while I'm bent over or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Do what healers do, Loot before the current mobs are dead^^'
    Or better yet, pull the next mob and go back and loot the previous one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead and loot, because I would really like to skin that dragon please.

Personally I've had no problems with this on my tank alt. Just turn on auto-loot and it takes like half a second depending on latency.

I always forget to loot, I think WotLK did this to me with its gogogo mentality. However, I don't mind anyone that stops and loots. It gets annoying when the tank does a ready check before every pull, but other than that I'm rather chillaxed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    It really depends on what your definition of 'stopping to loot' is - I've seen people take up to a minute to loot maybe a single mob or two, while I know that I have auto loot on and just click > loot > move on in a few seconds. I think it should only be a problem if after you clear a pack of mobs you get to the next pack and the tank is still looting and no where nearby....
    I auto loot and i'll only loot half the mobs if it was a large pack before going onto the next one just the ones with 5/6 and I get to loot 2, just looting them seem to make em go HURRY UP NOOB!!

As a tank myself I stop to loot, heal up, rebuff (not all the time), between pulls. Why? I run with my GF who is a Mage she makes cake...delicious cake, which I enjoy eating.

I can save the healer mana between pulls by healing my own damn self usually that in turn has other people topping themselves off in between pulls making the heroic that much easier....

The thing that annoys me the most are the DPS who stand around waitin for heals as the healer is drinking when they HAVE FREE FOOD/WATER in their inventory from a Mage table. Usually this goes like this = healer drinking to full - healing bad dps - drinking to full again