View Poll Results: How do you feel the future of MMOC should pan out?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Focus solely on WoW and when WoW ends, MMOC ends.

0 0%
  • Focus solely on WoW for the time being, but as the market shifts, MMOC should shift.

1 33.33%
  • Focus mainly on WoW, but also cover the larger pieces of news in other games on the main page

0 0%
  • My idea expressed in the OP

2 66.67%
  • MMOC should split it's focus among all large MMOs in a way different to the one specified in the OP

0 0%
    Deleted

MMO-Champion, The future: WoW, or more?

Hey, I'm Starbuy, and this is my idea for the future of MMOC.

TBH though, I think it could be time for MMOC to expand. it definetly has the power base to do so in Curse, and as far as I'm aware, it's the biggest MMO fansite out there. The problem before was that WoW had absolutely NO equal, but it seems this year that their could be a LOT more competition. Rift, GWII, SWToR, it's going to be a turbulent time for the MMO world.

There's no reason MMOC can't 'evolve' seperate sections for different MMOs. We have the bar along the top with different sections, but atm, it only has Cataclysm on it. There's no reason we can't convert this to WoW, add one for Rift, one for GWII, one for EQII, one for every other significant MMO. From there you could access varying mirrors of the site, all under the same name and template, where a different MMO was the focus. For example, The green on the WoW version could be replaced with red for GWII, purple for Rift and beige for SWToR (examples). These could all then be managed by an individual team of moderators, specific to each 'segment'. Super moderators could be constant, but this could be the way to go.

This would also help Curse manage their resources, get ahead on all MMOs and even condense their exsisting domains into one, easy to navigate system. I, for one, know that this would help get me interested in other MMOs and it would increase the time I spent browsing MMOC. It would also help by negating the Rift spam, and spam from various other MMOs from invading the space of other MMOs. I know people who come here to read about WoW, not Rift, or GWII, but then I know people who want a bit of everything.

These 'segments' would all have seperate forum bases, but there's no reason there couldn't be combined general and off topic forums, this would be a massive boon for Curse imo, and something which should be looked into.

NOTE: I am aware there are a lot of these posts being posted today, and this is majorly a response to them. People see a problem, so obviously, there is a problem here. What I propose though, is a solution, not just needless question asking. I understand there can be a problem, and instead of just asking if there is, I'm proposing a way to solve this. Let's not make this a flame thread, let's just keep this a nice and simple discussion about how you think the future of MMOC will play out, and how you think it should be done. Any criticism of this idea is welcome as long as it is constructive, I'm sure mods will strike with a swift banhammer if there's needless flaming. I've seen -Dalliah- cruising these threads recently, so he/she/it will probably be around. Watch your step campers.

Deleted
    If think they wait and see how those MMOs really devellop and if it's really worth making extra work for these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    If think they wait and see how those MMOs really devellop and if it's really worth making extra work for these.
    This is fair enough. :P

massively.com

Tada

MMO Champ is for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    I've seen -Dalliah- cruising these threads recently, so he/she/it will probably be around. Watch your step campers.
    Yes, yes, blame Dalliah and not me, exactly as I planned...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yes, yes, blame Dalliah and not me, exactly as I planned...
    This is honestly the first time I've seen you in days. I kind of imagine you working as some secretive kingpin, he/she/it who locks threads and swings the ban hammer with no warning, and leaves no trace. And omg mod stop derailing. :P

Too many reasons for that, SBPY (yes, I acronymed your name). Luckily, I can send my super moderator minions at you and your threads.

Deleted
    If super moderators are minions, what the hell does that make you? O.O Hyper Moderator?