Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would start with the ending to Super Mario Brothers 3...

"Our princess is in another castle...Just kidding! He he."

Then you can talk about P.O.W. when the word "congradulations" flashes on the screen.

Or how about TMNT "The adventures of the TMNT is concluded." Were the underwater swimming levels really worth that?

Or how about Shenmue 2? Shenmue 1 was amazing but 2 was just awful.

Halo2 ending was awful.

How about the awful ending of Diablo, stabbing yourself in the face. Then you get to become the main badguy in Diablo 2.

Now their is one other that I cannot recall that had various endings. I wanted to say it might have been True Crime Streets of LA. I thought it had one ending that was a ring of fire kind of like Cradle 2 the Grave Jet Li movie. It had another ending where you had to fight a dragon and succubus in the underworld or some crazy ass shit like that. It was like wtf? If anyone remembers that game respond and give me a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I would start with the ending to Super Mario Brothers 3...

"Our princess is in another castle...Just kidding! He he."

Then you can talk about P.O.W. when the word "congradulations" flashes on the screen.

Or how about TMNT "The adventures of the TMNT is concluded." Were the underwater swimming levels really worth that?

Or how about Shenmue 2? Shenmue 1 was amazing but 2 was just awful.

Halo2 ending was awful.

How about the awful ending of Diablo, stabbing yourself in the face. Then you get to become the main badguy in Diablo 2.

Now their is one other that I cannot recall that had various endings. I wanted to say it might have been True Crime Streets of LA. I thought it had one ending that was a ring of fire kind of like Cradle 2 the Grave Jet Li movie. It had another ending where you had to fight a dragon and succubus in the underworld or some crazy ass shit like that. It was like wtf? If anyone remembers that game respond and give me a heads up.
    Well, to be fair, it was the NES days, limitations were financial and technological. Still, TMNT is one of the hardest games ever. EVER.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

I always disliked the ending of Monkey Island 2 (the sequels fixed it, though).

RE5 nuff said.....killing off wesker was bad m'kay

Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    Well, to be fair, it was the NES days, limitations were financial and technological. Still, TMNT is one of the hardest games ever. EVER.
    I am still frustrated over the difficulty of TMNT

All half life endings

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    All half life endings
    aw...I love that series...2's ending was a "blue ball" moment for sure, but I liked 1 a lot.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    All half life endings
    ...not enough explosions for you?

And as for Mass Effect 2, yeah, no. Widely regarded as one of the best ending sequences OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.

/kanyeout.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Borderlands!

Epic final battle, no loot drops. Would you like to play again? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post

And as for Mass Effect 2, yeah, no. Widely regarded as one of the best ending sequences OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.

/kanyeout.
    :P I see what you did there.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 02:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Borderlands!

Epic final battle, no loot drops. Would you like to play again? No thanks.
    ...and I haven't lol

First one I can think of right now is Granstream Saga, I'm sure there are other but that one was just... no.

Well this one is a no brainer-Fable 2

Seriously WTF the whole main storyline had you finding these champions of something. Strength was this giant monk lady. Will was a extremely powerful wizard type and then skill was this infamous sharpshooter. Then at the end this chick who's been guiding you the whole time says in order for you to defeat the ultra powerful bossman you have to absorb the champions powers.

So your on top of this giant hill with the three champions standing in their respected circles with you in the middle. *BOOM* bright light, flashback to you as a kid, back to the endboss scene. Now your prepared to engage in this battle that game leads up to be EPIC. So I approach the boss, and start off with a quick shot from my revolver. and he dies. and the credits roll. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands pissed me off.

Plus the playing agian feature was pointless. when i tried to do it, like 4 quests in the enemies were so much higher than me i couldnt kill em, and the xp from the quests doesnt scale, so u need 100,000 xp to get a level, but the quest give u like 15. fuck that

and ME2 was incredible ending, specially since i didnt have anybody die which made me feel awsome. importing that save to ME3 will kickass

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the most disappointing endings I've encountered in more recent gaming history was in WET - the game keeps introducing characters you expect to see again and then suddenly you realise that the 10 second boss fight and quicktime event you just played was actually the end. I found that really disappointing and it felt like they really ran out of budget :/.

Quote Originally Posted by thescrub View Post
    Well this one is a no brainer-Fable 2

Seriously WTF the whole main storyline had you finding these champions of something. Strength was this giant monk lady. Will was a extremely powerful wizard type and then skill was this infamous sharpshooter. Then at the end this chick who's been guiding you the whole time says in order for you to defeat the ultra powerful bossman you have to absorb the champions powers.

So your on top of this giant hill with the three champions standing in their respected circles with you in the middle. *BOOM* bright light, flashback to you as a kid, back to the endboss scene. Now your prepared to engage in this battle that game leads up to be EPIC. So I approach the boss, and start off with a quick shot from my revolver. and he dies. and the credits roll. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I was typing my explanation as to why Fable 2 had by far the worse ending of all time, but figured I should check to see if had be stated yet, an sure enough an page 3 BINGO!

Couldn't have said it better myself. WTF?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

Lunar: Dragon Song.
    The final boss is the same creature 3 times in a row... And he's not even the main villain. The ONE time you fight the main villain you're supposed to lose. Just when it seems like you've finished the giant monster thing you had to fight 3 times and you get to move on to the final battle against the villain... He falls off a cliff and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovek View Post
    I was typing my explanation as to why Fable 2 had by far the worse ending of all time, but figured I should check to see if had be stated yet, an sure enough an page 3 BINGO!

Couldn't have said it better myself. WTF?!
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one out there who feels down-right wronged by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    because it already happened in 1 :P
    The ending of Mass Effect 1 was Shepard preparing for the Reapers after he and the rest of the human fleet killed Sovreign. The was no Reaper fleet or collector base in ME1.
    Its similar to the Halo series, in the first one Chief ends with "This is only the beginning", and Commander Shepard has a similar attitude. In the second, Chief says he will "Finish the Fight" (which never happened, but that's beside the point). In the ending, Shepard is readying to go on the offensive, and to destroy Harbinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
    The ending of Mass Effect 1 was Shepard preparing for the Reapers after he and the rest of the human fleet killed Sovreign. The was no Reaper fleet or collector base in ME1.
    Its similar to the Halo series, in the first one Chief ends with "This is only the beginning", and Commander Shepard has a similar attitude. In the second, Chief says he will "Finish the Fight" (which never happened, but that's beside the point). In the ending, Shepard is readying to go on the offensive, and to destroy Harbinger.
    You're probably going to get flamed - most people are under the assumption that Halo has a terrible story.

A very wrong assumption based only on what little they know about it, but a wide-spread one nonetheless.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    Lunar: Dragon Song.
    The final boss is the same creature 3 times in a row... And he's not even the main villain. The ONE time you fight the main villain you're supposed to lose. Just when it seems like you've finished the giant monster thing you had to fight 3 times and you get to move on to the final battle against the villain... He falls off a cliff and dies.
    Yeah I remember that. That was a total wtf moment.

Endings I hate, some spoilers.
    Halo Reach (the whole game I felt like Bungie was just milking their franchise)
    FF 13 (srsly the series need to stop having retarded looking final bosses)
    Borderlands (The treasure turns out to be a tentacle monster. Go figure)
    Any Pokemon game after Red/Blue ( How many Team Rocket clones and Pokemon Leagues have we gone through now?)
    Starcraft 2 (Tycus was a double agent, shocking. And curing Kerrigan?)
    Last edited by Andymion; 2011-02-19 at 03:14 AM.
    I'm going to do some real damage!