Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    There is nothing to lose with stocking pyrite ore. It's holding its value well.

If they dont announce epic gems, then people will still need rare gems. So your pyrite gets its money back. If they do make epic gems from pyrite, you're in the money....

It's a gamble they will make epic gems come from elsewhere, but where else is there? Raid drops is the only likely scenario, but that would just get a massive backlash from the PvP players to the point where I doubt they would do it. TBC raids dropped epic gems I believe, Sunwell was it? How did they handle the PvP crowd back then?
    Yeah I think the PVP and the casual crowd would rage pretty hard if they did that again. I cant imagine them doing anything else, and its rare/yellow text just like titanium. It's going to be a long night of prospecting on patch day though.

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    In a surprise move Blizzard announce that major content patch 4.1 introduces new epic quality ore. [Nelthariore].
    Hah, that'll be the day!

I've found it difficult to farm for Pyrite Ore on Mal'Ganis. Such a high population server with lots of bots and legitimate farmers alike. Has anyone from a high pop server found a strategy that works for getting reasonable farming results for your mining time? Just curious. Stacks of Pyrite Ore are going for 200 - 275g each on my server atm.

Zywrath

Requisite Mal'Ganis.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is now down side for saving up cheap ore. It really can't hurt.

They won't add epic gems, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I've got 10 stacks so far, I haven't used Pyrite Ore for anything except a Truegold transmute here or there.

---------- Post added 2011-02-18 at 10:15 PM ----------

Anything is better than nothing, especially if you're not hurting for gold.
    Ill wait to buy them cheap when everyone stockpiles pyrite then floods the market with cheap gems thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Impzor View Post
    They won't add epic gems, trust me.

Don't post spammy pictures. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-23 at 03:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone in another thread about pyrite/epic gems stated, the datamined Timeless Eye might not even be used for epic gems.
    The Timeless Eye could be part of the caster legendary. (which is presumed to have something to do in the Caverns of Time, ''Caverns of Time - Caster Legendary - Camera Bunny 00'') The gem could even be in possession of a bronze or infinite dragon, which might indicate ''Anachronos Vision'' (on the frontpage) having some sort of connection with the caster legendary.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    In a surprise move Blizzard announce that major content patch 4.1 introduces new epic quality ore. [Nelthariore].
    That would not surprise me at all, if they introduced a completely new source for epic gems. They tend to love playing black humour jokes on various stockpilers recently.

I've stockpiled about 800 stacks of pyrite ore so far. If you are accruing a lot of gold it's about the only thing you can invest in within WoW currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Just as mad as others will be when we have tons of gems and make booko bucks? Yeah we can not predict the future. We are just preparing for a good possibility of it happening.
    I would like to know on what evidence do you find that epic gems are going to be in this patch, let alone come from pyrite ore?

We saw epic gems in 3.2 in wrath, and widespread in...uh...whatever the sunwell patch was in bc(2.4?)
    why should we say that blizz is going to release them any earlier this x-pac?

Also why do you think that gems will come from prospecting, both times we've had epic gems they've come from two different sources .
    for all we know right now you buy them with jc tokens.

If we are going to see any kind of epic gem this patch its going to be in the form of the stormjewel.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
    I've stockpiled about 800 stacks of pyrite ore so far. If you are accruing a lot of gold it's about the only thing you can invest in within WoW currently.
    There are alot of other things to invest in at the moment.
    Have you seen that crafted items are getting more slots, more so they are red slots.

Do you know what patterns are out of game at the moment? look at your ah and scroll down and look at discolored healing potion, its around 3k on my server, or the hide of the wild pattern...or Kaldorei Spider Kabob, Blue Dragonscale Breastplate and deepdive helm

have you seen that there are new pet achievements?
    get the hint <_< >_>

As someone in another thread about pyrite/epic gems stated, the datamined Timeless Eye might not even be used for epic gems.
    The Timeless Eye could be part of the caster legendary. (which is presumed to have something to do in the Caverns of Time, ''Caverns of Time - Caster Legendary - Camera Bunny 00'') The gem could even be in possession of a bronze or infinite dragon, which might indicate ''Anachronos Vision'' (on the frontpage) having some sort of connection with the caster legendary.
    this is entirely true, at this moment we have no idea what the timeless eye thing is, as i said above if it is indeed an epic gem, its something along the lines of the stomjewel.
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-02-27 at 04:05 PM.

"If they use wrath model"

Alchy Transmute.....

My friend almost has stockpiled 5000 stacks of Pyrite Ore (he's well known on our server for having over a million gold)

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    I would like to know on what evidence do you find that epic gems are going to be in this patch, let alone come from pyrite ore?

We saw epic gems in 3.2 in wrath, and widespread in...uh...whatever the sunwell patch was in bc(2.4?)
    why should we say that blizz is going to release them any earlier this x-pac?

Also why do you think that gems will come from prospecting, both times we've had epic gems they've come from two different sources .
    for all we know right now you buy them with jc tokens.

If we are going to see any kind of epic gem this patch its going to be in the form of the stormjewel.

There are alot of other things to invest in at the moment.
    Have you seen that crafted items are getting more slots, more so they are red slots.

Do you know what patterns are out of game at the moment? look at your ah and scroll down and look at discolored healing potion, its around 3k on my server, or the hide of the wild pattern...or Kaldorei Spider Kabob, Blue Dragonscale Breastplate and deepdive helm

have you seen that there are new pet achievements?
    get the hint <_< >_>

this is entirely true, at this moment we have no idea what the timeless eye thing is, as i said above if it is indeed an epic gem, its something along the lines of the stomjewel.
    Those are all things you can profit from right now; they aren't long term pays other than the pets. I can't get access to the patterns that no longer exist in the game, so that's a nonstarter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
    Those are all things you can profit from right now; they aren't long term pays other than the pets. I can't get access to the patterns that no longer exist in the game, so that's a nonstarter for me.
    I am rather confused by what you mean by this. Can you elaborate, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirleck View Post
    My friend almost has stockpiled 5000 stacks of Pyrite Ore (he's well known on our server for having over a million gold)
    argument from authority works?
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-02-28 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    argument from authority works?
    He knows how to make money, so I follow his example, Even if you can't get epic gems from Pyrite, reselling the pyrite (as long as you don't flood the market) won't do anything to yoru cash flow.

hope they are going to drop like they did in back temple xD

I'm sitting on 3 gbank tabs or so so far?

Last edited by Affiniti; 2011-02-28 at 03:27 AM.

lot of liars in here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirleck View Post
    He knows how to make money, so I follow his example, Even if you can't get epic gems from Pyrite, reselling the pyrite (as long as you don't flood the market) won't do anything to your cash flow.
    And I know people who are saying stay away from pyrite, who also have a million gold.
    But I'm not doing so because they say so.

At this time I'm staying away because there is no reason why epic gems should be released this patch. Give me some evidence that they are.
    Once we do get some evidence then i'll start to stock, but at this point, based on what blizz has done in the past, and no word yet, you should stay away.

Also why would you resell the pyrite?
    That is what EVERYONE is going to do, sit back on it, just encase that 1. blizz does decide to have them via prospecting pyrite 2.(if criteria 1 is true) They come in 3.2 3. Blizz put new BS patterns that require pyrium bars (small rushes are larger than you may think)
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-02-28 at 03:37 AM.