10+ Year Old Account

Assist Focus Target Macro

Here's what I have, and it works when I'm playing my balance druid.

/target [target=focustarget, harm, nodead]

The Problem: I've started playing my shaman now (enhancement), the macro does the job of keeping me on the tank's target. What it doesn't do however is start auto-attacking. This leads to me sometimes standing there like a dinkus while everyone commences with the pew pew. I tried adding /startattack [harm] but all I end up doing then is attacking the nearest hostile target.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Options > Interface> Combat> Attack on Assist.

/assist focus

/assist %f
    /startattack
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlach View Post
    Options > Interface> Combat> Attack on Assist.

/assist focus
    I forgot to mention that I've already toggled this option and it's still resulting in the aforementioned problem. Sorry about that.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    /assist %f
    /startattack
    I'll give this a shot first thing in the morning, thank you

I wrote out a great assist macro, but this terrible site deemed it unallowable because I only have a dozen posts. Ok, then, I'm going to stop helping screwballs who don't have enough time or are not smart enough to search for a simple macro command.

[QUOTE=Hoopajoo;10497723]I forgot to mention that I've already toggled this option and it's still resulting in the aforementioned problem. Sorry about that.[COLOR="red"]

weird, cos thats exactly what I use, enable that option and use that macro, works fine for me on multiple toons.

For one thing, you had a duplicate conditional in the first macro. I don't think thats why its failing but it's certainly not needed.
    Second, did you put /startattack before or after the other part? If its before then you are saying to attack before designating your target.
    I use something similar for my warlock to attack pet command to my curses, for example:

#showtooltip Curse of Weakness
    /target [@focustarget, harm, nodead]
    /petattack
    /cast Curse of Weakness

I have to keep the pet attack first though because if I don't have a focus then it skips the necessity of tab targeting and puts me and my pet on the first thing in front of me. If I do select a target the both the spell and my pet go to it, but again the need was to have my pet always on my target. The focustarget piece is just skipped if I don't have a focus.
    Last edited by Falconys; 2011-02-19 at 10:53 AM. Reason: working from memory is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you everyone for all the help, except for the guy that had someone piss in his corn flakes. I saw the mistake I was making in the macro and fixed it, it works wonderfully now. It's still a mystery why it was ignoring 'Options > Interface> Combat> Attack on Assist', but it doesn't matter anymore

It was such a simple fix too... I hate being this dumb sometimes.

/target [@focustarget, harm, nodead]
    /startattack