Question Easy questions, tough answer

I'm confused. I can't decide. What do you think is better?
    Currently my build: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbhMZMoZfbGsdks0fz:RoM

Q1: Should I give next talent point to Eternal Glory instead of 2 points in Blazing Light?
    Why yes? Because +15% chance to not consume "clearcasting proc" from Divine Purpose. (tooltip don't show that currently, but it works)
    Why no? Because you don't have where to take that one point.

Therefore, immediately raises the question two.
    Q2: Is one more talent point in Eternal Glory better than one talent in Blazing Light?
    Yes or no... Who know?

Therefore, immediately raises the question three.
    Q3: If answer to Q2 is any, what if i use glyph to Exo or not use?

Therefore, immediately raises the question four.
    Q4: Is CS glyph better than Exo Glyph? In combination with 2 point in Eternal Glory and one point in Blazing Light? (CS nice scale with gear = better dmg from Hand of Light)
    Example spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbhzZMbZfbGsdks0fz:Roz

Q5: What if i have a lot of exp? Is Glyph of Seal of Truth worse than Glyph of CS or than Glyph of Exo? In combination with one or two points in Eternal Glory.
    Example spec one: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbhzZMbZfbGsdks0fz:RMz - 2 points in Eternal Glory + Glyph of Exo and Glyph of CS
    Example spec two: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbhMZMoZfbGsdks0fz:RMz - 2 points in Blazing Light + Glyph of Exo and Glyph of CS

I think that my currently build is best for me. But I am not sure
    Last edited by Rolandes; 2011-02-19 at 11:56 AM.

A1: You should never give up any points in Blazing Light
    A2: Points in Eternal Glory are personal preference, not a dps increase or decrease.
    A3: Exo Glyph is really that good. Keep it.
    A4: It's much more better than CS glyph.
    A5: I've heard situations in which you have so much expertise in your gear that even with reforging out of all it, you're still at 26. If you really are in a situation in which there is absolutely no way for you to drop to 16 expertise and use the glyph, then I guess you could use Crusader Strike's Glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    A1: You should never give up any points in Blazing Light
    A2: Points in Eternal Glory are personal preference, not a dps increase or decrease.
    Well, i don't think so. You can do 4x TV in a row. With lucky proc when my AW is UP its +50 000 dmg + 18000 dmg from Hand of Light minimal in one hit . Currently it proc 1x per one/two minutes. So in 10min fight and lucky proc it can do more than 500 000± extra dmg only because of that talent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eternal glory works only for word of glory btw.
    If you are talking for a pve specc,eternal glory will provide no dps increase,while on the other hand blazing light will do.
    Last edited by marinos; 2011-02-19 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Eternal glory works only for word of glory btw
    Go try it on dummy and you can see... It works for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolandes View Post
    Go try it on dummy and you can see... It works for me.
    It has been tested and its not working.What you got is another dp proc from an ability.There are times when i've got 4dp procs in a row.

if it does then it's a major bug and you should report it (in a while) Keep in mind that the 15% chance you get to have a 3HP proc can happen too, take a look at your combat log and see if it wasn't the proc that happened and not this "bug" you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    It has been tested and its not working.What you got is another dp proc from an ability.There are times when i've got 4dp procs in a row.
    Hmm now i tested it properly and you're right. So that means patch 4.0.6 is wrong/not actual with: "Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose."
    If yes then /target Rolandes /facepalm

Deleted
    Or you can just take a trip to Paragon/Members/Holy paladins and copy the build

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm now i tested it properly and you're right. So that means patch 4.0.6 is wrong/not actual with: "Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose."
    The fail is at blizzard's confusing description.While it does indeed not consume the clearcasting effect of DP this only applies if you cast word of glory,while it doesnt affect Inq and TV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yes, that just means when casting a Word of Glory with a clearcasting proc up!
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post
    Or you can just take a trip to Paragon/Members/Holy paladins and copy the build
    We are talking about ret,not holy

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's perfectly correct. There are just a lot of people who totally disregard how the talent functioned prior to 4.0.6 when reading that patch note.