Thread: Halo 4?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    343 Industries, the ones who took over halo, have stated that Master Chiefs story is done, but they will still be making games in the Halo universe. They did say he may make a cameo in a few games though.
    No they haven't. Halo CE HD will be out this year, and I'm betting Halo 4 2012/13

I've read that 343 is doing away with all the odst type BS and getting back to the main story line....not sure how considering MC is floating off in space somewhere but it should be interesting.

Also should be interesting to see what they do with the multiplayer. Hopefully they get back into the h1/2 style of play.

I still have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    Microsoft/343 will not let Halo fail. It is their flagship game, like Mario is to Nintendo they will make sure its quality. Halo is Xbox's icon.

No Halo 4, and I wouldn't expect it until next gen consoles arrive... However Halo CE(1) was remade and it will be out this year.
    joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd
    Nintendo wouldn't really let somebody else make a primary IP Mario game, though. Games tend to get screwed up when juggled between design studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Nintendo wouldn't really let somebody else make a primary IP Mario game, though. Games tend to get screwed up when juggled between design studios.
    343 was created by Microsoft?

I am an halo fanatic. I loved halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3. It stopped there. Let's be honest, once they got away from Master Chief, in my opinion, the game fell apart. ODST was a joke with a map pack attached so you had to by it and Reach was an awful game with an even worse ranking system.

If Halo 4 comes out, it needs to be GOOD. It needs to be what players what, it needs to be MLGable, it needs to have a great forge system like Reach, it needs to include Master Chief, it needs to have a improved Halo 3 ranking system.

I am HOPING that it will be just like Halo 3, better graphics, better forge, less host dependent. It needs to have the same playability as Halo 3 and the same user friendliness, but yet be different.

It will be a HUGE task, and it needs to be done right or the Halo series will die. I am praying for it to be amazing and more toward 3 than Reach, cause im getting bored playing the same MLG 50s over and over again....

10+ Year Old Account
    could careless

halo 1 was great 2 was ok

halo 3 bah

Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    No they haven't. Halo CE HD will be out this year, and I'm betting Halo 4 2012/13
    Halo CE HD is just a remastery of the first Halo game dude. That's like saying Pokemon Fire Red was a brand new iteration of the Pokemon series.

Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    Halo CE HD is just a remastery of the first Halo game dude. That's like saying Pokemon Fire Red was a brand new iteration of the Pokemon series.
    Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by Peadoughbare View Post
    Will this happen? I really really wanted Bungie to make it.
    But it looks like 343 are under control of all Halo related projects of the future.
    Can't let Master Chiefs epic story just end like that.
    The closest thing to Halo that can be released now is the remake of Bungie's Marathon series of games where the protagonist awakes from chryogenic stasis into a new world where he fights alien life forms, similar to the flood. This title, however, is owned by Bungie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunker View Post
    I am an halo fanatic. I loved halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3. It stopped there. Let's be honest, once they got away from Master Chief, in my opinion, the game fell apart. ODST was a joke with a map pack attached so you had to by it and Reach was an awful game with an even worse ranking system.

If Halo 4 comes out, it needs to be GOOD. It needs to be what players what, it needs to be MLGable, it needs to have a great forge system like Reach, it needs to include Master Chief, it needs to have a improved Halo 3 ranking system.

I am HOPING that it will be just like Halo 3, better graphics, better forge, less host dependent. It needs to have the same playability as Halo 3 and the same user friendliness, but yet be different.

It will be a HUGE task, and it needs to be done right or the Halo series will die. I am praying for it to be amazing and more toward 3 than Reach, cause im getting bored playing the same MLG 50s over and over again....
    What? Halo Reach had the best story out of all of the Halo games by far. Yea, so we didn't have our little mary sue master chief other than a small cameo. Its still a great game and the story is much more emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    What? Halo Reach had the best story out of all of the Halo games by far. Yea, so we didn't have our little mary sue master chief other than a small cameo. Its still a great game and the story is much more emotional.
    The campaign has almost never been the driving force behind the games, it has almost entirely been the multiplayer, more exclusively since halo 2, but it was present in the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    The campaign has almost never been the driving force behind the games, it has almost entirely been the multiplayer, more exclusively since halo 2, but it was present in the original one.
    Define 'driving force'.

Campaigns are still important...hence why people complain when one is released with a very short or uninteresting campaign. What I say is, you buy for the campaign and keep it for the multiplayer.

As for Halo 4 - if they can keep it fresh, I don't care how many they make.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by matteo14 View Post
    Bungie have indeed dropped the Halo series now. Master chief finished his story in Halo 3 and as far as i know it will not be continued.
    Other companies are going to be branching out on the Halo series, so thank god it isn't dead yet but I doubt they will be as good as the Bungie series.

Bungie has actually just started teasing about their next big thing being an FPSMMORPH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8OVmlEqt3I

Lol, Take that and eat your words. I my dear friend, have shown you the future.
    Gaze long unto an abyss, and the abyss will gaze back unto you.

Your kidding right? Have you played multiplayer? Its beyond god awful, the lack of weapons, the Unbalanced AA's, The Maps that are just cut from singleplayer and designed fucking terribly. Singleplayer wise i think Halo 1 rules, Multiplayer Halo 2 by a massive margin.

Define 'driving force'.

Campaigns are still important...hence why people complain when one is released with a very short or uninteresting campaign. What I say is, you buy for the campaign and keep it for the multiplayer.
    He means what makes halo Succesfull. Halo 1 was focused on story and the multi was tossed in after the fact, But Microsoft convinced bungie to develop a good online feature for halo 2 in addition to the story line, And because of this it revolutionized console online, making xbox live what it is today and keeping halo 2 alive for 2 years after it was launched, After that they focused more on the multiplayer than the singleplayer because thats what the fans loved the most and what brought bungie from just that halo game on the xbox to , "omg halo 2 is fucking awesome online."

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Your kidding right? Have you played multiplayer? Its beyond god awful, the lack of weapons, the Unbalanced AA's, The Maps that are just cut from singleplayer and designed fucking terribly. Singleplayer wise i think Halo 1 rules, Multiplayer Halo 2 by a massive margin.
    Woah.. Old thread..

I never said anything about multiplayer. Personally I think they added too much crap into multiplayer like assassinations and armor abilities. I wish they just kept it basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peadoughbare View Post
    Will this happen? I really really wanted Bungie to make it.
    But it looks like 343 are under control of all Halo related projects of the future.
    Can't let Master Chiefs epic story just end like that.
    Quite the opposite, sir. Halo 3 was the best possible ending for Chief's story. But good ole Micro$oft can't appreciate art, and must bow before the altar of the almighty dollar (yeah, they're a company, I get it). All hail the new Call of Doody. /laments

even if 343 has the halo story line now...basically half of the bungie team who helped create the halo we know of today...left bungie and went to 343 to stick with the halo franchise, so H4 isn't going to be a whole different atmosphere, and it will still wipe the shit out of any other game to come